[Q] help in re-rooting phone

Search This thread

mickeyjack01

Jun 10, 2014
Can anyone please help?
I have a Samsung Note 3 SM- n9005 Jellybean 4.3
I successfully rooted the phone about 7 months ago with odin
I tried to run game-cheats I think it was called about 2 months ago and it said it didnt have root privileges and wouldnt find or change the coin values in some games i wanted to play around with. I know i can use modded games and I know how to find "coin/RP etc. value" and change the number that way.
I talked to a technician in a local phone shop and he advised me that the root had not been installed properly. To un-root phone and then re-root it.
I think it was superSU? I had and I pressed the permanent un-root.
I tried to use the same tar file to re-root phone and it boot-looped (SE-android not enforcing caper). which I fixed after searching through the forums for answers
I was very careful to get the correct 4.3 tar file and not the 4.4 file. I have downloaded the file 2 or 3 times and it still bootloops but says PASS:).
I have installed CWM.
I have tried to re root phone with Kingo (making sure KIES is turned off), which says phone rooted successfully(but root checker says its not rooted), I then tried framaroot apk, Vroot, rootgenius and another program. (all saying its a tough phone and it cant be rooted)

Why cant the phone be re-rooted?
Has the permanent unroot with superSU done exactly that?
Will getting rid of the bootloop with a recovery tar unroot the phone?
why is odin bootlooping the phone? (I have used the latest odin and I have also tried earlier versions as suggested in some forums)
If I do a factory reset will that be sufficient to allow me to root the phone again?
If I get the official 4.3 quallcom firmware and install that will it let me root the phone again?
if I update to KitKat 4.4 will that let me re-root?
Could I be having troubles because Knox has been tripped?
Im not really worried if I hardbrick the phone, ill just get another one, but im stubborn and I dont really want to let it beat me.
If possible could the reply not be to technical all I really want to do is understand whats happening/what I have done
Then What can I do to re-root the phone? because if what has to be done is to technical it would be easier to get a new phone and start again

Last edited:

georgesmh

Jun 17, 2012
Byblos, Lebanon
Can anyone please help?
I tried to run game-cheats I think it was called about 2 months ago and it said it didnt have root privileges and wouldnt find or change the coin values in some games i wanted to play around with. I know i can use modded games and I know how to find "coin/RP etc. value" and change the number that way.
I talked to a technician in a local phone shop and he advised me that the root had not been installed properly. To un-root phone and then re-root it.
I tried to use the same tar file to re-root phone and it boot-looped (SE-android not enforcing caper). which I fixed after searching through the forums for answers
I was very careful to get the correct 4.3 tar file and not the 4.4 file. I have downloaded the file 2 or 3 times and it still bootloops but says PASS:).
I have installed CWM.
I have tried to re root phone with Kingo (making sure KIES is turned off), which says phone rooted successfully(but root checker says its not rooted), I then tried framaroot apk, Vroot, rootgenius and another program. (all saying its a tough phone and it cant be rooted)

why is odin bootlooping the phone? (I have used the latest odin and I have also tried earlier versions as suggested in some forums)
If I do a factory reset will that be sufficient to allow me to root the phone again?
If I get the official 4.3 quallcom firmware and install that will it let me root the phone again?
Im not really worried if I hardbrick the phone, ill just get another one, but im stubborn and I dont really want to let it beat me.
If possible could the reply not be to technical all I really want to do is understand whats happening/what I have done
Then What can I do to re-root the phone? because if what has to be done is to technical it would be easier to get a new phone and start again

just choose a firmware from sammobile.com
download it
flash it using Odin
boot it normally
flash CF-Autoroot

antique_sonic

Aug 16, 2009
Corner of the earth
Can anyone please help?
I have installed CWM.

Have u tried to update supersu from playstore?
if yes and it is still not rooted, try to flash stock firmware as advise, boot into stock recovery after that and do full wipe/factory reset.
after that u shld be able to root.
pls note wiping in srock recovery will erase all ur internal storage.
:)

Sent from somewhere under the sky, at the corner of this rounded earth.

mickeyjack01

Jun 10, 2014
sammobile seems a ?

hi thanks.
I have tried about 10 times now after opening up an account, to download file from sammobile going to firmware and typing model getting to note 3LTE Telstra model the file wont unzip. What have you got to pay to get a zip that will unzip??? I have just downloaded another zip program both saying errors inside zip
is there any other place that would likely have the telstra file i need?
yes i tried updating SuperSU and it wont update. Reading up on the problem which seems common the answer requires me to copy zip files to sd card and then unzip them inside CWM its now starting to get too technical for me which is why I have started asking you guys questions. I have tried SU update fixer, nothing. and the equivalent for Superuser ,they wont update. Over the last month I have tried uninstalling ,deleting and wiping cache and wiping delvek cache with CWM.
some where inside CWM it said something about press this to root phone what is that for ? or has that to do more with zip files?

and yes I know i can do a factory reset and yesterday i bought an sd card to transfer the game data etc to.
how come using APPMGR111 and APP2sdand they say apps can be transferred to sd card(My sim card) which is much to small to accommodate all the apps but cant be transfered to External card (32 gb card bought yesterday morning) so do I need to do something silly like formatting external SD

Oh, If its important I am only interested in using the phone as a media and game playing device and as such i have turned off the sim card but left it in the phone and transfered the phone number to another simcard and given it to my wife for her S2 which uses a larger card. I just access google play etc through wifi.
also, i have tried using different cables as well as different USB ports, but do you think another computer??? completely. I go back to work next week so anything like that has to be done over the next couple of days while I am home.

And I was told in the shop yesterday when I bought the sd card to tap android version several times because sometimes what you can see (4.3) is different for some reason but it just has a picture of a Jellybean and says 4.3 (the man said here it might say 4.2.1)

will I have to flash stock firmware first? or can i just go strait to factory reset, if I have to go down that road. If so then I wont need to worry about Sammobile and the unzippable file????? I can just do the factory reset strait from CWM?? Or doesnt it work like that??

antique_sonic

Aug 16, 2009
Corner of the earth
hi thanks.
I have tried about 10 times now after opening up an account, to download file from sammobile going to firmware and typing model getting to note 3LTE Telstra model the file wont unzip. What have you got to pay to get a zip that will unzip??? I have just downloaded another zip program both saying errors inside zip
is there any other place that would likely have the telstra file i need?
yes i tried updating SuperSU and it wont update. Reading up on the problem which seems common the answer requires me to copy zip files to sd card and then unzip them inside CWM its now starting to get too technical for me which is why I have started asking you guys questions. I have tried SU update fixer, nothing. and the equivalent for Superuser ,they wont update. Over the last month I have tried uninstalling ,deleting and wiping cache and wiping delvek cache with CWM.
some where inside CWM it said something about press this to root phone what is that for ? or has that to do more with zip files?

and yes I know i can do a factory reset and yesterday i bought an sd card to transfer the game data etc to.
how come using APPMGR111 and APP2sdand they say apps can be transferred to sd card(My sim card) which is much to small to accommodate all the apps but cant be transfered to External card (32 gb card bought yesterday morning) so do I need to do something silly like formatting external SD

Oh, If its important I am only interested in using the phone as a media and game playing device and as such i have turned off the sim card but left it in the phone and transfered the phone number to another simcard and given it to my wife for her S2 which uses a larger card. I just access google play etc through wifi.
also, i have tried using different cables as well as different USB ports, but do you think another computer??? completely. I go back to work next week so anything like that has to be done over the next couple of days while I am home.

And I was told in the shop yesterday when I bought the sd card to tap android version several times because sometimes what you can see (4.3) is different for some reason but it just has a picture of a Jellybean and says 4.3 (the man said here it might say 4.2.1)

will I have to flash stock firmware first? or can i just go strait to factory reset, if I have to go down that road. If so then I wont need to worry about Sammobile and the unzippable file????? I can just do the factory reset strait from CWM?? Or doesnt it work like that??

the zip file from samfirmware.com is not flashable by cwm.
u have to unzip using any of the zip program, till u got the tar or md5 (i forgot :p), then flash it from odin. there's instructions on the download page as well.
u can't unzip from cwm. :)

If u have tried to unzip from any pc software and still can't unzip, means u got a corrupted download.

the factory reset in cwm is different from the stock recovery.

Sent from somewhere under the sky, at the corner of this rounded earth.

mickeyjack01

Jun 10, 2014
sorry missunderstanding
didnt try to use CWM for flashing am using Odin but zip file wont open to access tar file for odin.
That is what I thought the file I am trying to open is corrupted.My question was, seeing as how the file is corrupted is there anywhere else that I can get the file other than sammobile?
mmmm ok thanks then please just for interest what is the root button for inside CWM?

Sorry my questions do jump around a bit :)

I also read that nobody has found a way to access the built in recovery mode of note smn9005
that is why we have to use programs like CWM-recovery??

the other coment about factory reset. So georgesmh comment about flashing cf-autoroot. Seeing as how file is corrupted and if I cant get a copy from another source. all I have to do to factory reset is hit that particular button inside CWM? is that correct?

and i think I have an answer for my other question about the sd card the answer is No I cant save the games to the sd card I have lost them if I do a fActory reset. The only way to seems to be is to have a phone that is already rooted to use titanium something or other.

Thats alright really I had fun with the games before and it would be fun to do it again.

doing a factory reset is there any chance I can brick the phone?

antique_sonic

Aug 16, 2009
Corner of the earth
sorry missunderstanding
didnt try to use CWM for flashing am using Odin but zip file wont open to access tar file for odin.
That is what I thought the file I am trying to open is corrupted.My question was, seeing as how the file is corrupted is there anywhere else that I can get the file other than sammobile?
you can try from here. but I don't think the thread is updated to the latest one.

mmmm ok thanks then please just for interest what is the root button for inside CWM?
this one I don't understand :)
but, to root with CF-autoroot, you don't need CWM. you only need the correct file for your device and for your firmware from CF-autoroot thread, and flash it through ODIN PC at PDA / AP tab in device download mode.

I also read that nobody has found a way to access the built in recovery mode of note smn9005
this one also I'm not quite understand your question :)
what do you mean by access the built in recovery ?
in N9005, stock (built in) recovery is used for doing factory reset (mainly and mostly), to have a clean internal storage, you have to do factory reset (full wiping - system/data/cache) from stock recovery.
Stock recovery can be used to flash zip files as well, BUT, only those are being digitally signed by Samsung can be flashed here. Otherwise, it won't flash.
Most of custom-ROM, custom-Kernel, custom-MOD, custom-Themes are not digitally signed by Samsung, because this is a 3rd party developers' products (here in XDA, and maybe from other forums). Therefore, to flash these type of zip files, you will need a custom recovery (CWM, Philz touch CWM, or TWRP).

the other coment about factory reset. So georgesmh comment about flashing cf-autoroot. Seeing as how file is corrupted and if I cant get a copy from another source. all I have to do to factory reset is hit that particular button inside CWM? is that correct?
sorry, this one i don't understand what you mean at all :D

and i think I have an answer for my other question about the sd card the answer is No I cant save the games to the sd card I have lost them if I do a fActory reset. The only way to seems to be is to have a phone that is already rooted to use titanium something or other.
Factory reset, in builtin (stock) recovery, WON'T delete anything on your external SD card. ONLY your internal storage :)
So if you need a backup of anything, do the one you store inside internal storage.

Thats alright really I had fun with the games before and it would be fun to do it again.

If you flashed a correct firmware for your device, and doin the factory reset from inside stock recovery, I never heard got ppl can brick the phone by doing this.
This brick thing only happen earlier on Note 1 (due to emmc brick bugs), but not on Note 2 and note 3.

I might be misunderstood of your questions :p
Sorry if I ever did that :D

Reactions: mickeyjack01

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    sorry missunderstanding
    you can try from here. but I don't think the thread is updated to the latest one.

this one I don't understand :)
    but, to root with CF-autoroot, you don't need CWM. you only need the correct file for your device and for your firmware from CF-autoroot thread, and flash it through ODIN PC at PDA / AP tab in device download mode.

this one also I'm not quite understand your question :)
    what do you mean by access the built in recovery ?
    in N9005, stock (built in) recovery is used for doing factory reset (mainly and mostly), to have a clean internal storage, you have to do factory reset (full wiping - system/data/cache) from stock recovery.
    Stock recovery can be used to flash zip files as well, BUT, only those are being digitally signed by Samsung can be flashed here. Otherwise, it won't flash.
    Most of custom-ROM, custom-Kernel, custom-MOD, custom-Themes are not digitally signed by Samsung, because this is a 3rd party developers' products (here in XDA, and maybe from other forums). Therefore, to flash these type of zip files, you will need a custom recovery (CWM, Philz touch CWM, or TWRP).

sorry, this one i don't understand what you mean at all :D

Factory reset, in builtin (stock) recovery, WON'T delete anything on your external SD card. ONLY your internal storage :)
    So if you need a backup of anything, do the one you store inside internal storage.

If you flashed a correct firmware for your device, and doin the factory reset from inside stock recovery, I never heard got ppl can brick the phone by doing this.
    This brick thing only happen earlier on Note 1 (due to emmc brick bugs), but not on Note 2 and note 3.

I might be misunderstood of your questions :p
    Sorry if I ever did that :D