[Q] besr browser for tab?

Search This thread

dogei22

Aug 12, 2009
I'm running Skyfire for the moment, it seems faster than the stock browser. I rried Dolphin as well but Skyfire seems a bit more stable and faster to me, but I have no benchmarks to back up my impression.

eskasi

Apr 25, 2006
Firefox mobile is fast...but the fonts are blurry because it takes a while to render especially if zooming.

Skyfire didn't seem as quick for me when zooming in.

I still ended up going back to Dolphin HD... I love the gesture support and use more of the add ons like shake to switch tabs, etc. I also think their interface is uch more refined ;)

Azhad

Nov 20, 2005
Rome
I use xscope, fastest browser for android, dolphin is way too bugged for me

Sent from my Galaxy Tab

ftgg99

Account currently disabled
Mar 20, 2010
Xscope is inferior in almost every way to dolphin.

mklass

Apr 3, 2010
Any one manages to get the full bbc iplayer site workin over 3g?
Not the mobile version. I keep being redirected to the mobile site and then It states can not stream over 3g. I try to switch the agent to desktop then bbc states that my phone is not supported :s

This is on both stock browser and also Dolphin HD

eskasi

Apr 25, 2006
Just downloaded Firefox 4 beta 2... just released.... it seems to be MUCH faster than beta 1 which I only tried yesterday. Rendering of text and zooming is quicker also. I can't seem to sync with the desktop version though....

AlexVallat

Jun 16, 2008
Just downloaded Firefox 4 beta 2... just released.... it seems to be MUCH faster than beta 1 which I only tried yesterday. Rendering of text and zooming is quicker also. I can't seem to sync with the desktop version though....
Does it support Flash yet, though? If it does, I'll take another look. Otherwise, I'm trying to decide between Dolphin HD and xScope 6. xScope is a lot prettier, with the glaring exception of bookmarks, which it handles horribly - generating a sort of dynamic web page to list them rather than having a proper UI. No bookmark folders either.

I can't find any speed comparisons between Dolphin 4 and xScope 6, but subjectively they don't feel much different.

ppau0822

Feb 23, 2010
Sydney
anyone know if there is a way to get the tabs browser on the sgs captivate? the tabs browser has the windows button next to the address bar and would be more convenient than stocks. (need stock due to some weird rendering issue with some sites)

ftgg99

Account currently disabled
Mar 20, 2010
Mate its just the stock android 2.2 browser with a few minor and mostly cosmetic changes.

But I've found its considerably slower (in opening web pages) than the browser on my 2.1 milestone.

shaggles

Oct 19, 2010
Another vote for xscope. Its the best designed browser in terms of usability, speed and features. Would love to have plugin support though. I would consider switching to Dolphin HD if the interface wouldn't be so ugly (and oversized). Looks like an mp3 skin from 5 years ago. The fullscreen toggle in xscope rocks as well.