[KITCHEN][WWE][20.03.2010]Windows Mobile 6.1 21056/20779 Kitchen for Raphael GSM

Search This thread

atsitalian

Feb 13, 2007
Those of you having issues w/Voice Command:
1) Please list ALL the options that you check in BuildOS
2) Do you have a Touch Pro or a Fuze?
3) List any extra apps that you install

I have a Fuze on the AT&T network. I want to try and determine what the differences are between my build and yours.

Here is a copy of the ROM I am running with everything working just peachy: http://rapidshare.com/files/208915918/eras2r_latest_from_Da_G_kitchen.rar

In the above ROM, it's for a Fuze and it's pretty loaded up with apps. But everything is working as far as I can tell. I have mapped the VoiceCommand to the PTT (short) button.

Hello eras2r, Even though I got your rom to work perfectly for the good of the community I went ahead and tried 1 more time and got the same results, MSVC does not "hear me" through the phone microphone. Following are the exact steps I took.

• Redownloaded the Dagyo 5.08 kitchen and your 5.08 packages. I exttracted them to new clean folders.
  • I deleted the specific files from the OEM and SYS folders per your instructions
  • I deleted the packages folder from Dagyo kitchen and placed your package folder into the kitchen.
  • Since I have a Vista box, I turned off User Control, tirned off the firewall and Virus protection and rebooted my machine
  • I then started the kitchen and left everything checked except for the following
    • HTC Touch Pro
    • HTC Album (non FB upload version)
    • Sprite Back-up
    • Touch Flo 3D ATT version
    • JBlend Java
    • Cyberon Voice Speed Dial
    • HTC EZ Input
    • Tegic eT9 - ATT Fuze
    • Tegic eT9 - Touch Pro
  • I left everything else as it was when it opened and hit GO
  • The ROM was built and everything went OK
  • I then took the nbh file and put it into a new folder with Raphael Wrapper and flashed the Rom
  • I did the additional hard reset when it came to the "align screen" page and finished the set-up
  • After all was done, I mapped the PTT button to Voice Command (no additional software installed)
  • I hit the PTT button, the MSVC beep was heard, I said "what time is it?" 3 seconds later it beeped again like it did not hear me.
  • Repeated this 10+ times with different commands etc.
  • Reflashed to the ROM you posted restored from a back-up of SBP Back-up and am now all good again.
Thanks for all your help and hopefully this will help others with the same problem.

eras2r

Oct 8, 2007
Chicagoland
MSVC Issues Solved

So I have gotten to the bottom of the MSVC problems that ppl are having. The issue is with the AudioPara3.csv file. I install a cab file simply replaces the audiopara3.csv file for increased volume overall on the phone. It's the same one I posted on the previous page. That one works just fine w/MSVC. So, in comparing some of these files that I have here is what I see:

Code:
$ find ./ -type f | xargs ls -alh
-rwx------+ 1 None  68K Oct  3 19:28 ./[B]Arup_Tweaked_Louder[/B]/AudioPara3.csv
-rwx------+ 1 None  68K Nov 28 12:16 ./[B]Arup_Tweaked_VERY_Loud[/B]/AudioPara3.csv
-rwx------+ 1 None 107K Feb 20 00:28 ./[B]Da_G[/B]/AudioPara3.csv
-rwx------+ 1 None  68K Feb 18 13:54 ./[B]Stock_5.08[/B]/AudioPara3.csv
-r-x------+ 1 None  68K Jul  9  2008 ./[B]Stock_5.08_ATT_Modified[/B]/AudioPara4_att_20080703.csv

As you can see the file that Da_G provides is about 30K larger than any of the other files. In the 5.08 leaked ROM ATT, modifies the registry to point to their version of this file: AudioPara4_att_20080703.csv (which only differs from Stock 5.08 slightly).

For some reason the file that Da_G provided in his OEMDrivers does not work. So I am attaching all 4 versions of this file that I have. You do not need to recook. You can copy each one over the existing \Windows\Audiopara3.csv file or simply name the files uniquely and copy them to \Windows. Then modify the registry and soft-reset:

[HKLM\Drivers\BuiltIn\WaveDev]
"AcousticFile"string: "AudioPara3.csv"
; <--Put your filename here

The above registry value is not set by default so I don't know whether it needs to be set, or if WinMo defaults to use the AudioPara3.csv. I tried setting it with the Da_G version of the file but it still didn't work with MSVC. (So I think it uses that name by default)

So test out the different versions of the file. I have diffed them and see the volume differences, but I have no clue about the repercussions of editing this file. Once you have a version that you like, just replace the one in the OEMDrivers folder of the kitchen with the one you want to use next time you cook. I prefer the Arup_Tweaked_Louder version - which you can also just install by cab in the link above.

Maybe Da_G can elaborate on his version of the file. I remember a while back having issues with playing music or something like that.

-e

Attachments

• audiopara3.zip
    27.9 KB · Views: 46
Last edited:

atsitalian

Feb 13, 2007
So I have gotten to the bottom of the MSVC problems that ppl are having. The issue is with the AudioPara3.csv file. I install a cab file simply replaces the audiopara3.csv file for increased volume overall on the phone. It's the same one I posted on the previous page. That one works just fine w/MSVC. So, in comparing some of these files that I have here is what I see:

Code:
$ find ./ -type f | xargs ls -alh
-rwx------+ 1 None  68K Oct  3 19:28 ./[B]Arup_Tweaked_Louder[/B]/AudioPara3.csv
-rwx------+ 1 None  68K Nov 28 12:16 ./[B]Arup_Tweaked_VERY_Loud[/B]/AudioPara3.csv
-rwx------+ 1 None 107K Feb 20 00:28 ./[B]Da_G[/B]/AudioPara3.csv
-rwx------+ 1 None  68K Feb 18 13:54 ./[B]Stock_5.08[/B]/AudioPara3.csv
-r-x------+ 1 None  68K Jul  9  2008 ./[B]Stock_5.08_ATT_Modified[/B]/AudioPara4_att_20080703.csv

As you can see the file that Da_G provides is about 30K larger than any of the other files. In the 5.08 leaked ROM ATT, modifies the registry to point to their version of this file: AudioPara4_att_20080703.csv (which only differs from Stock 5.08 slightly).

For some reason the file that Da_G provided in his OEMDrivers does not work. So I am attaching all 4 versions of this file that I have. You do not need to recook. You can copy each one over the existing \Windows\Audiopara3.csv file or simply name the files uniquely and copy them to \Windows. Then modify the registry and soft-reset:

[HKLM\Drivers\BuiltIn\WaveDev]
"AcousticFile"string: "AudioPara3.csv" ; <--Put your filename here

The above registry value is not set by default so I don't know whether it needs to be set, or if WinMo defaults to use the AudioPara3.csv. I tried setting it with the Da_G version of the file but it still didn't work with MSVC. (So I think it uses that name by default)

So test out the different versions of the file. I have diffed them and see the volume differences, but I have no clue about the repercussions of editing this file. Once you have a version that you like, just replace the one in the OEMDrivers folder of the kitchen with the one you want to use next time you cook. I prefer the Arup_Tweaked_Louder version - which you can also just install by cab in the link above.

Maybe Da_G can elaborate on his version of the file. I remember a while back having issues with playing music or something like that.

-e

Yo Da man eras2r. It worked. I used the cab fix. I would of stuck with your rom but I do not like the eT9 and prefer the old method of word choosing. Thanks a ton!!!

The Jack of Clubs

Jan 28, 2007
Houston
it didnt fix it. its not that big a deal anyways. im really looking into 6.5 now that i know tf3d can run on it. i havent looked up what is needed yet but i know i dont like chrome and do like tf3d. so thanks for the effort. maybe the next kitchen will all work beautifully and when i get fed up with a buggy beta os i will come back to that. :)

slimshadee

Jun 2, 2006
Chicagoland
eras2r:

Just reporting in...it worked great for me...I didn't even know my MSVC was broke until I tried it after reading your post. I applied the cab and BAM! it worked. THX...

Now, if I can figure out why I can't get any version of Opera to load via cab other than the beta (with Google gears) posted on the Opera site. hmmm...

The Jack of Clubs

Jan 28, 2007
Houston
alright i got bored and installed the cab. that worked. thanks so much. :p

edit: i actually like this alot more than i thought i would. the sound is a bit clearer and crisper.

slimshadee

Jun 2, 2006
Chicagoland
Thanks, eras2r...I had to hard reset, then install the Opera cab you pointed me to as the first installed software. I think my iGuidance was creating the conflict, but now both are installed and working.

tassadar898

Nov 25, 2008
eraser do you mind zipping up your version of da_g's kitchen and posting it? its weird because on your ROM everything seems to work flawlessly but when i make my own even with the new audio file you gave us my speakerphone works quirky, and opera seems to glitch out. it would be much appreciated! Especially since the TP2Manilla comming out soon and I want to cook that baby in! Thanks.

rmanaka

Jul 15, 2005
Everything working great for me & my fuze!

Reporting that everything seems to be working on my fuze that was cooked with Da_G's 5.08 kitchen, eras2r's modified packages and the eras2r supplied Arup_Tweaked_Louder version of audiopara3.csv! MSCV working both through microphone and through BT headsets.

I have loaded:
Resco Registry Add-in
Siber Systems AI RoboForm PPC
Windows Theme
CoPilot Pocket PC (Version 7)
Omega One 1-Calc
AT&T Navigator
Google Maps (with latitude)
Ilium Software eWallet
Chi-Tai Dang SecondToday
Andreas Falke Weather Database Editor
burt iContactBE (6.4.5 VGA)
Opera Software Opera 9
Skyfire Browser
J.S. Advanced Configuration Tool 3.3
Sushi's DIamond TF3D Config
Montecristoff Diamond Tweak
iDevelopStuff changeScreen
SBSH.net PocketWeather
Resco Explorer

still have 298724K of Total storage memory available...

makes my Fuze rock!!!

player911

Inactive Recognized Developer
Sep 8, 2006
Cincinnati
www.SnapSiteAdmins.com
Does this kitchen not include NET 3.5?

I'm using the 5.08 packages plus Manilla and the Notification Panel from the TP2... Manilla tries to run but errors out and says I need a newer version of .NET

[EDIT]
I downloaded 3.5 and everything starts working. Hmmm.....

Last edited:

rmanaka

Jul 15, 2005
VERY strange because Advanced Config requires NETCF3.5

Does this kitchen not include NET 3.5?

I'm using the 5.08 packages plus Manilla and the Notification Panel from the TP2... Manilla tries to run but errors out and says I need a newer version of .NET

[EDIT]
I downloaded 3.5 and everything starts working. Hmmm.....

That IS very strange as I've used the basic kitchen without modifications other than eras2r's updated packages, and Schap's Advanced Config 3.3 (which I believe requires NETCF 3.5) runs just fine on my phone...

player911

Sep 8, 2006
Cincinnati
www.SnapSiteAdmins.com
Yea I dunno. It is working now though. Probably because I deleted the Packages folder from the kitchen and replaced it with the 5.08 packages because I was getting all kinds of duplicates and it kept crashing. I don't think the 5.08 ATT rom comes with NET 3.5 by default.

The new Notification panel was what I was really after. The newer Manila isn't what its all cracked up to be. The only thing I really like about it is the calendar tab.

I think I might build another rom using the latest 5.08 Manila from the ATT rom and the Notification panel; leaving the TP2 Manila out because it is still rather flaky.

Last edited:

xboomer55

Dec 25, 2007
Yea I dunno. It is working now though.

The new Notification panel was what I was really after. The newer Manila isn't what its all cracked up to be. The only thing I really like about it is the calendar tab.

I think I might build another rom using the latest 5.08 Manila and the Notification panel; leaving the TP2 Manila out.

You could bring in the manila (PACKAGE_Raphael_Manila) and communications manager (PACKAGE_Raphael_CommManager) packages from the DagYo 6.22 (05.05) kitchen and use these instead. I prefer them for the time being. The 05.05 comm manager will also solve the cosmetic issues with the ATT themed comm manager in the 05.08 kitchen, assuming that you prefer the diamond theme.

There will be .rgu/.dsm/options conflicts with all manila packages in the kitchen, so pull the others out and stash them in another folder (i.e. Removed Packages) before building the rom.

This is working for me, and the 05.05 manila is just as nimble and responsive as I found it in the older kitchen.

wshader

Sep 24, 2007
Albany, NY
How can I fix this?

Completed successfully
Microsoft (R) RGUComp Version 1.0.000
Registry file processor and hive builder.
Copyright (C) 2004 Microsoft Corporation All Rights Reserved.
built: Nov 19 2004 15:17:13
importing registry file ".\boot.rgu"...
importing registry file ".\Registry\8be73c02-3437-4c06-88c9-0a2e25bfaf2c.rgu"...
wmain: (RGUComp) !ERROR failed building DEFAULT hives
And then a bunch of Build registry errors

Last edited:

eras2r

Oct 8, 2007
Chicagoland
How can I fix this?

Completed successfully
Microsoft (R) RGUComp Version 1.0.000
Registry file processor and hive builder.
Copyright (C) 2004 Microsoft Corporation All Rights Reserved.
built: Nov 19 2004 15:17:13
importing registry file ".\boot.rgu"...
importing registry file ".\Registry\8be73c02-3437-4c06-88c9-0a2e25bfaf2c.rgu"...
wmain: (RGUComp) !ERROR failed building DEFAULT hives
And then a bunch of Build registry errors

Most likely an error in that rgu file. Seach for that file and see what package it's part of. There's prolly a syntax problem. The errors should tell you about where in the file it is. Or simply post the rgu and I can take a look at it for you.

player911

Sep 8, 2006
Cincinnati
www.SnapSiteAdmins.com
You could bring in the manila (PACKAGE_Raphael_Manila) and communications manager (PACKAGE_Raphael_CommManager) packages from the DagYo 6.22 (05.05) kitchen and use these instead. I prefer them for the time being. The 05.05 comm manager will also solve the cosmetic issues with the ATT themed comm manager in the 05.08 kitchen, assuming that you prefer the diamond theme.

There will be .rgu/.dsm/options conflicts with all manila packages in the kitchen, so pull the others out and stash them in another folder (i.e. Removed Packages) before building the rom.

This is working for me, and the 05.05 manila is just as nimble and responsive as I found it in the older kitchen.

I started over and removed the older packages as I replaced with the new ones (I figured it would just over write the old, but figures not).

Works like a champ. I cooked in the Notification Manager and Menu replacement from the TP2. Works very well.