LG's Knock Code

Search This thread

freebee269

Feb 27, 2013
LG is coming out with a feature that's an evolution to knock on/off. it's called knock code. i like the idea. here's a youtube video they made for it. what do you guys think of the idea and implementation?

Knock Code

Reactions: angel_boulevard

freebee269

Feb 27, 2013
What idea? They didn't give away anything in that video... XD

Sent from my phone using some app

guess i have to help you. knock code is supposed to make it so instead of double taping on the center of the screen to turn it on which is how it works now, you can have multiple combinations of knocks to turn on the screen. which is what the hand was trying to show you in the video with all the different combinations. that's where they get "knock code" from. the combinations of knocks is the code.

se1988

Nov 24, 2008
All Your Base
Samsung Galaxy Note 9
guess i have to help you. knock code is supposed to make it so instead of double taping on the center of the screen to turn it on which is how it works now, you can have multiple combinations of knocks to turn on the screen. which is what the hand was trying to show you in the video with all the different combinations. that's where they get "knock code" from. the combinations of knocks is the code.

OHHHHH, i see, all is clear now.
If I can unlock my device faster with knock code than with pattern unlock, and if it's as secure as pattern lock, I say yes please. Give it to me!!

Reactions: jamel_tza

Itchiee

Sep 30, 2007
Somewhere Else
Sometimes, not much, but sometimes my phone doesnt even answer the double knock I give it.
Adding more knocks will not be for me unless they up the sensitivity.

pontusl

Feb 7, 2014
Sometimes, not much, but sometimes my phone doesnt even answer the double knock I give it.

I thought the exact same thing. The question is also how complex the taps can be. Feels like there is a bit of a dangerous balance between having some security and actually being able to unlock the phone.

rfarrah

May 30, 2008
OKC
Samsung Galaxy Watch 4

I don't have any problems with knocking on or off and would love to see this implemented for our phones. Or, as someone else has already said, love to see a dev create or port the new app/feature for us. :D

Here's a link to BGR's article on it: http://bgr.com/2014/02/18/lg-g-pro-2-how-knock-code-works/

Reactions: sweets55

d3FytH3m1Nd

May 27, 2012
For those having problem with the knock on, try double tapping and holding the second tap. It works 99% of the time for me, even when the tap intervals are like 2 second apart!

Reactions: nuvo84 and zeroxia

se1988

Nov 24, 2008
All Your Base
Samsung Galaxy Note 9

Itchiee

Sep 30, 2007
Somewhere Else
Actually, i've since reset my device and find knock on/off more reliable.
Thank you!

Still not feeling a knock pattern though, but hope it comes out for those who do! :cowboy:

player911

Inactive Recognized Developer
Sep 8, 2006
Cincinnati
www.SnapSiteAdmins.com
I'd say the best option would be to use the Knock Code combination as a straight unlock, bypassing the lock screen.

OR

Use the Power Button / DoubleTap to turn it on, dump to the lockscreen, where you'd have to swipe or enter a code like normal.

I like just double tapping anywhere though. Sometimes I pull my phone out and it's upside down or I'm using my other hand which would be awkward. I wonder if the taps would be relational to each other vs orientation of the phone. If you had to make sure it was right-side-up all the time, it would get annoying.

brsclkr

Sep 13, 2013
Eskişehir
its so unique, i want it on my N4 :)

people who sad about double tap; pls look for the cpu undervolting and min mhz values. sensitiviy of double tap (or tapping scrren) related about it

scottysize

Mar 17, 2011
That's one beautiful phone. Hopefully there'll be a VZW variant before too long and I can get a new LG Flex. :cowboy:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    looking forward to seeing someone port this over to g2. the g pro 2 firmware(F350S) has been released and will eventually trickle down to us.. then someone should be able to port the feature.
    We can port it, Someone hand over the system dump of the G Pro 2 please.
    For those having problem with the knock on, try double tapping and holding the second tap. It works 99% of the time for me, even when the tap intervals are like 2 second apart!
    LG is coming out with a feature that's an evolution to knock on/off. it's called knock code. i like the idea. here's a youtube video they made for it. what do you guys think of the idea and implementation?

Knock Code

OHHHHH, i see, all is clear now.
    If I can unlock my device faster with knock code than with pattern unlock, and if it's as secure as pattern lock, I say yes please. Give it to me!!