Android OS goes over my data limit??

Search This thread

QuintonS

Apr 27, 2012
Hello. Recently, my data allowance has been surpassed. I was confused as to how that was possible. I went to check my data usage on my phone and it showed that Android OS has used 2.04GB of data usage out of my 4GB allowance! This is outrageous and unjust for Verizon to charge me for data I did not use!

TQcGkWh.png

Can anyone help? I just got this phone. I checked Google backup and all that crap and nothing that would use a ton of data is set! I have my calender, Gmail, contacts, and appdata set and that is all. I was in class today and I haven't used my phone in an hour at least, then I receive a text stating I've gone over; later checking showed I had gone over only 10MB, but it was in my pocket! Further investigation showed that Android has been using all of my data.

Last edited:

hiddenfive

Jan 7, 2014
Chicago
Hello. Recently, my data allowance has been surpassed. I was confused as to how that was possible. I went to check my data usage on my phone and it showed that Android OS has used 2.04GB of data usage out of my 4GB allowance! This is outrageous and unjust for Verizon to charge me for data I did not use!

TQcGkWh.png

Can anyone help? I just got this phone. I checked Google backup and all that crap and nothing that would use a ton of data is set! I have my calender, Gmail, contacts, and appdata set and that is all. I was in class today and I haven't used my phone in an hour at least, then I receive a text stating I've gone over; later checking showed I had gone over only 10MB, but it was in my pocket! Further investigation showed that Android has been using all of my data.

Google Backup turned on?