Problems installing CWM on Xperia Ray

Search This thread

itzcaptinginger

May 24, 2014
Hey, first of all i would like to apologise if this is posted in the wrong section, its my first post and even though i have used XDA many many time, i have never really caught onto the posting side of it!

I recently obtained a Xperia Ray of a friend and it was running gingerbread, so first of all i updated to 4.0.4A and rooted my device, and then i installed busybox ect, then after looking at the service on the phone (*#*#7378423#*#*) i found out that my bootloader was Unlockable.
as i wished to install a custom ROM, i have been looking at custom ROM's for LockedBL's and then of course to install half of them i have had to install CWM but this is where my problem begins! i have not been able to successfully install CWM via various methods, including the X-Parts App, Xrecovery PC Application, can anybody help me?

Thanks in advance,

Liam

(Again i apologies if posted in the wrong place, dont shout, im a noob i know :laugh: )

Rhyn

Aug 25, 2012
Budapest
I can't help you with your problem, but if your phone is built before 2012 week 11 (if I remember correctly) you can unlock it using the wotan service, despite the non unlockable status. You can check the build date on the sticker, below the battery.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk