[Q] Nandroid backup

Search This thread

Valiceemo

Jan 10, 2014
Android Wear
OnePlus 7 Pro
im wanting to do a full nandroid back up as ive just rooted ny LG-D802, but i have a concern.

Im assuming that the backup file created is pretty big in size.
Approximately how big?

As i have the D802 i have no SD slot, so memory runs out pretty fast!

I currently have around 3GB of free space, and could potentiall free up another 1 or 2 gb by removing all my music and photos / videos?

Am i going to be able to complete a full back up?
Or will i run out of space?

Primokorn

Nov 17, 2012
OnePlus 8 Pro
im wanting to do a full nandroid back up as ive just rooted ny LG-D802, but i have a concern.

Approximately how big?

I currently have around 3GB of free space, and could potentiall free up another 1 or 2 gb by removing all my music and photos / videos?

My current backup amounts to 3.05Gb including: 274 apps (user and system data) - 2 big games only.
The backup contains the following partitions: boot, cache, data, efs and system. Of course the big part of our backups is the data partition so you can try to remove some apps that you don't really use.
As you can see the backup size depends on what we have on our device.

If you don't have enough free space your custom recovery will show up an error.

Reactions: Valiceemo

jerbear294

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Oct 9, 2013
Google Pixel 4a

Approximately how big?

You'll probably run out of space.
What you could do is an ADB backup though. That way the backup's saved onto your computer.

Valiceemo

Jan 10, 2014
Android Wear
OnePlus 7 Pro
My current backup amounts to 3.05Gb including: 274 apps (user and system data) - 2 big games only.
The backup contains the following partitions: boot, cache, data, efs and system. Of course the big part of our backups is the data partition so you can try to remove some apps that you don't really use.
As you can see the backup size depends on what we have on our device.

If you don't have enough free space your custom recovery will show up an error.

Thanks for the reply.
I've got a similar amount of apps, is I think I might just squeeze a nandroid backup in once I dump some not so important apps and get rid of media

LG-G2 / Android 4.2.2

Primokorn

Nov 17, 2012
OnePlus 8 Pro
Thanks for the reply.
I've got a similar amount of apps, is I think I might just squeeze a nandroid backup in once I dump some not so important apps and get rid of media

LG-G2 / Android 4.2.2
You can also:
1. Make an online nandroid backup
2. Or backup only system stuff through your recovery and backup your user data in the Cloud with Helium app for instance.

Anyway with 4Gb you will have enough space imo.

This interests me, could you explain how I'd do it or point me in the direction of some guide?

LG-G2 / Android 4.2.2
http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=50376635&postcount=3651
You need adb of course ;)

Reactions: Valiceemo

Valiceemo

Jan 10, 2014
Android Wear
OnePlus 7 Pro
i have another question on this topic!!!!!

If im installing a new AOSP ROM, most of them instruct to do a factory reset.
My question is will this clean everything?
So i copy the ROM .zip to SD storage, do the wipe...will this wipe the sd storage?

Im on an international D802 so i dont have an external SD card slot?

im worried about wiping the phone (factory reset) and this wiping away the new ROM .zip so i cant install it.

am i being stooopid?

Primokorn

Nov 17, 2012
OnePlus 8 Pro
i have another question on this topic!!!!!

If im installing a new AOSP ROM, most of them instruct to do a factory reset.
My question is will this clean everything?
So i copy the ROM .zip to SD storage, do the wipe...will this wipe the sd storage?

Im on an international D802 so i dont have an external SD card slot?

im worried about wiping the phone (factory reset) and this wiping away the new ROM .zip so i cant install it.

am i being stooopid?
Factory reset will wipe your apps and the related settings. All files stored in /sdcard won't be deleted.
A factory reset wipes the /data and /cache partitions only so you just need to backup your user apps (Titanium backup, Helium...)
There's no external sdcard for the Nexus 5.
One other important thing is making a Nandroid backup through your custom recovery. It can be helpful if you wan to restore your whole configuration or if you have a bad flash.

Valiceemo

Jan 10, 2014
Android Wear
OnePlus 7 Pro
Factory reset will wipe your apps and the related settings. All files stored in /sdcard won't be deleted.
A factory reset wipes the /data and /cache partitions only so you just need to backup your user apps (Titanium backup, Helium...)
There's no external sdcard for the Nexus 5.
One other important thing is making a Nandroid backup through your custom recovery. It can be helpful if you wan to restore your whole configuration or if you have a bad flash.

Thanks
So if i do a NANDroid back up (which i have) would i still need to back up my apps...i use Android Tuner?

Valiceemo

Jan 10, 2014
Android Wear
OnePlus 7 Pro
On thanks. I'll back up all my apps with android tuner.
This is the first time I've ever flashed a new ROM. Im a noobie to android.
Any recommendations for a good ROM for the LG G2 d802.
I'm looking g at Pardus HD.
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php...ssic|Fast|Stable|DeBloated|DeOdexed|26.02.14|

LG-G2 / Android 4.2.2

Primokorn

Nov 17, 2012
OnePlus 8 Pro
On thanks. I'll back up all my apps with android tuner.
This is the first time I've ever flashed a new ROM. Im a noobie to android.
Any recommendations for a good ROM for the LG G2 d802.
I'm looking g at Pardus HD.
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php...ssic|Fast|Stable|DeBloated|DeOdexed|26.02.14|

LG-G2 / Android 4.2.2
Actually I don't know well the G2. The best thing is to flash again and again to find the better rom as per your needs. ;)

Top Liked Posts