[KERNEL][3.15.2011]EB16 Kernels

Search This thread

adrynalyne

Inactive Recognized Developer
Dec 13, 2008
Ok, so I made some changes to jt1134's kernel repack scripts, and the eb16 initramfs, and I have something solid, finally.

--Voodoo and non.
--read only system on boot for extra security, in light of recent malware events.
--Hotspot monitoring dummy kernel in both versions.
--Lowmemkiller tweaked.
--Kernels work for conversion to and from voodoo, as well as boot correctly after data wipe.
--Using eb16 kernel.

Voodoo
eb16_voodoo_working.zip

Nonvoodoo
eb16_nonvoodoo_working.zip

Thanks jt1134 for his awesomeness, and micellis for his testing.

This should answer most concerns.

-Whats different?
--Its newer and has a dummy hotspot monitoring module in it.

-Can I flash it over xxxx?
--Flash it over any Froyo except aosp. No, superclean doesnt contain any of these kernels.

-Is/does it more stable/faster/better on battery life/wash my dishes/beat the wife/kick the dog/rape the cat?
--I don't know. Try and see :)

Last edited:

wideopn11

Jan 14, 2011
Screen shot showing the correct version if anyone is wondering. Holy crap my blue tooth just turned on!

Thanks for another great working kernel.

Attachments

• SC20110315-214122.jpg
    SC20110315-214122.jpg
    25.8 KB · Views: 1,767
Last edited:
Reactions: quarky42

4GivenByChrist

Dec 20, 2010
Adryn is a beast!!! Great Job! I have one question does bluetooth work now?

sent from my Super Clean 2.9 - Voodoo - Fascinate via Tapatalk Pro

bobloblaw1

May 25, 2010
This is probably a very basic question but what are the benefits/drawbacks of running this kernel?

Thanks all the same adryn. The amount if quality stuff you put out is amazing.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using XDA Premium App

4GivenByChrist

Dec 20, 2010
Cool Bluetooth works though it seems at first attemtp to have a little crackle in it. I'll test it over a couple days.

sent from my Super Clean 2.9 - Voodoo - Fascinate via Tapatalk Pro

djp952

Jan 12, 2010
Baltimore
hmmmm... so tempting, but my phone is working so darn well right now....

If anyone that had problems with WiFi working, as in won't connect to your access point, on the previous EB16 kernels tries this and it works, could you PM me? I'd love to jump in .. the occasionally quick wifi tether is such a handy thing to have (literally) in your back pocket.

s13_slider

Nov 28, 2010
Love the new kernel! Just slapped it on my phone! No problems so far! The phone seems much more responsive now!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Ok, so I made some changes to jt1134's kernel repack scripts, and the eb16 initramfs, and I have something solid, finally.

--Voodoo and non.
    --read only system on boot for extra security, in light of recent malware events.
    --Hotspot monitoring dummy kernel in both versions.
    --Lowmemkiller tweaked.
    --Kernels work for conversion to and from voodoo, as well as boot correctly after data wipe.
    --Using eb16 kernel.

Voodoo
    eb16_voodoo_working.zip

Nonvoodoo
    eb16_nonvoodoo_working.zip

Thanks jt1134 for his awesomeness, and micellis for his testing.

This should answer most concerns.

-Whats different?
    --Its newer and has a dummy hotspot monitoring module in it.

-Can I flash it over xxxx?
    --Flash it over any Froyo except aosp. No, superclean doesnt contain any of these kernels.

-Is/does it more stable/faster/better on battery life/wash my dishes/beat the wife/kick the dog/rape the cat?
    --I don't know. Try and see :)
    Do I have to disable lagfix before flashing this?

If you are already on voodoo you should be fine to leave in enabled when you flash another voodoo kernel.
    Screen shot showing the correct version if anyone is wondering. Holy crap my blue tooth just turned on!

Thanks for another great working kernel.
    Has anyone tried this with EC01? I had the best battery life with this kernel and frankenclean, but I'm not sure how this would work, especially with the rom designation probably was masked to protect the leaker.

I am running both right now. I get better consistency on signal strength and battery life than I do with the EC10 kernels.

Sent from my Fascinate
    EC01 rom & radio
    EB16 voodoo kernel