Skype with video calling!! UPDATE: now officially supported on the market.

Search This thread

chris....

Oct 15, 2010
Baltimore
I didn't make this work, I take no credit for it. I just distribute it to the masses. I found this on the Galaxy Tab forum and thought if it works on my Tab, why not my phone too? So I tried and it does! The video freezes when you switch to the back camera but other than that its seems to work fine. Have fun!

http://www.multiupload.com/FMNQB27H72

Someone reported that this doesn't work on froyo. Apparently after installing this on froyo the legit version couldn't be reinstalled. So proceed with caution.

Someone found a link to get it working on froyo. I haven't verify it works because I'm not on froyo.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1153285

Last edited:
Reactions: danstheman7

Juls317

Feb 2, 2011
Indy
i'll check it out right now

UPDATE: First, i can't video call out, i have to receive it. Second, it forse closes when you try to answer with video. I'm running Bionix Black Ice and Bali 3.2UV. I would try Trigger but they're both KD1 based ROMs so i don't think it will change. I might flash KF2 just for this though.

Last edited:

atthebeach

Mar 11, 2011
Nope for me...

For me, on stock kd1 + root, it crashes skype as soon as I use video (initiate a video call, or touch the video icon). It won't receive video either when the other side starts their video.

PS: I already had skype installed (latest from Market), and even after uninstalling it would not install at first, giving a message about not enough available storage (even though there was plenty). The fix was to remove the /data/data/com.skype.raider directory that somehow was not removed when the app was uninstalled... The same was needed after uninstalling this one to go back to the Market version.

Reactions: Bassmanjames

Juls317

Feb 2, 2011
Indy
For me, on stock kd1 + root, it crashes skype as soon as I use video (initiate a video call, or touch the video icon). It won't receive video either when the other side starts their video.

PS: I already had skype installed (latest from Market), and even after uninstalling it would not install at first, giving a message about not enough available storage (even though there was plenty). The fix was to remove the /data/data/com.skype.raider directory that somehow was not removed when the app was uninstalled... The same was needed after uninstalling this one to go back to the Market version.

So did it work after removing the file?

Sent from my SGH-T959V using XDA App

Bassmanjames

Jun 3, 2011
San clemente ca
I noticed it's a GB only thing or are people successful on froyo? Based on the official update it looks like a GB only app. Still skeptical about the kf2 leak but this and netflix would be well worth it for me.

On the moon our weekend are so advanced they encompass the entire week

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I didn't make this work, I take no credit for it. I just distribute it to the masses. I found this on the Galaxy Tab forum and thought if it works on my Tab, why not my phone too? So I tried and it does! The video freezes when you switch to the back camera but other than that its seems to work fine. Have fun!

http://www.multiupload.com/FMNQB27H72

Someone reported that this doesn't work on froyo. Apparently after installing this on froyo the legit version couldn't be reinstalled. So proceed with caution.

Someone found a link to get it working on froyo. I haven't verify it works because I'm not on froyo.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1153285
    Nope for me...