HTC One variants [U/UL/WL]

Search This thread

mike1986.

htc-one_1.jpg

As you probably know, HTC One came out in a few variants. I described these different versions here and here. To sum up:

Variants.png

The important part is, that users with U variant (GSM only) can use custom ROMs based on UL (GSM/LTE) RUU. It is already confirmed by one user, who flashed custom ROM based on 1.28.401.7 m7_ul software on his m7_u unit. Don't be confused - this probably won't enable LTE support on your GSM unit. We are not yet sure if it's possible at all, but it's very likely that once we have S-OFF and SuperCID for HTC One, flashing entire RUU from m7_ul on m7_u device may enable LTE support (of course your network provider has to support LTE as well).

I will keep you posted once I have some more details.

Thanks goodman_east for sharing some info with me!

Last edited:

aimetti

Nov 23, 2011
Very happy about this. With the one x here in the states we had a limited amount of ROMs due to the hardware variations. This is much better news.

Thanks Mike

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda premium

tell4ever

Apr 18, 2012
Chicago, Illinois
Does it work the other way around then,
Like can we flash htc one international (u) roms on the lte version(ul)

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Riyal

Dec 16, 2011
Iloilo City
And here I was hours ago trying to insist that HTC One has only the same hardware and is universally flashable yet all users tend not to believe me and keep pointing out the One X & X+.

(-.-)

Reactions: smb282

mike1986.

And here I was hours ago trying to insist that HTC One has only the same hardware and is universally flashable yet all users tend not to believe me and keep pointing out the One X & X+.

(-.-)

One X+ and One X have different chip (AP37 vs AP33), different partitions table (separate sdcard partition vs /data/media) and few other differences as well.

Reactions: psycom

Riyal

Dec 16, 2011
Iloilo City
One X+ and One X have different chip (AP37 vs AP33), different partitions table (separate sdcard partition vs /data/media) and few other differences as well.

I know! lol yet they keep on insisting that the HTC One is the same until I gave up :p

Really wonder why some people who have insufficient knowledge on how things work tend to not believe advices given to them by someone who knows more than them. :fingers-crossed:

nugzo

Apr 20, 2010
Fayetteville, NC.
www.capefearcomputer.com
So this means the ATT One and The HTC Dev Edition One, and the European are the same, PN0710000 right? That is great news!! European and US versions finally are identical!! I guess the Mods jumped to soon when creating the separate ATT One Forum.. The One X+ needed separating bad because hardware was different, yet they didnt. Now hardware is the same and they are separated..

Last edited:

Nokiacrazi

May 26, 2011
Manchester
I will probably be getting the HTC One from T-Mobile UK ia when they get it in stock. Rather than go with 4GEE, I decided to stick with T-Mobile 3G since the price difference probably doesn't justify it.

Would the phone that I probably would receive from T-Mobile be the UL model?

Tia.

Sent from my Desire HD using xda app-developers app

Matt

Feb 4, 2012
Nottingham, UK
I will probably be getting the HTC One from T-Mobile UK ia when they get it in stock. Rather than go with 4GEE, I decided to stick with T-Mobile 3G since the price difference probably doesn't justify it.

Would the phone that I probably would receive from T-Mobile be the UL model?

Tia.

Sent from my Desire HD using xda app-developers app
Yes it would :) However, you will have T-mobile branding (T-Mobile CID) which means updates may be slower

Reactions: Nokiacrazi

mike1986.

So this means the ATT One and The HTC Dev Edition One, and the European are the same, PN0710000 right? That is great news!! European and US versions finally are identical!! I guess the Mods jumped to soon when creating the separate ATT One Forum.. The One X+ needed separating bad because hardware was different, yet they didnt. Now hardware is the same and they are separated..

I didn't say that. I don't know what is MID of U.S. variant(s).

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    htc-one_1.jpg

As you probably know, HTC One came out in a few variants. I described these different versions here and here. To sum up:

Variants.png

The important part is, that users with U variant (GSM only) can use custom ROMs based on UL (GSM/LTE) RUU. It is already confirmed by one user, who flashed custom ROM based on 1.28.401.7 m7_ul software on his m7_u unit. Don't be confused - this probably won't enable LTE support on your GSM unit. We are not yet sure if it's possible at all, but it's very likely that once we have S-OFF and SuperCID for HTC One, flashing entire RUU from m7_ul on m7_u device may enable LTE support (of course your network provider has to support LTE as well).

I will keep you posted once I have some more details.

Thanks goodman_east for sharing some info with me!
    Flashing radio drivers won't change your frequency like I said in the past. HTC One from the US & UK have different radio chipsets.
    Let me introduce you to these 2 chipsets.

SKY77762 - Used by the US variants. AT&T, T-Mobile, Dev Edition & Sprint
    http://www.skyworksinc.com/Product.aspx?ProductID=1566

SKY77764 - Used by the UK variant.
    http://www.skyworksinc.com/Product.aspx?ProductID=1545

Source? It's on the kernel itself.

The only possible thing that could happen is those HTC Ones from taiwan could unlock an LTE frequency on their phone as they are using the same chipset on the UK variants.
    Ok it's getting better and better :)

nnrZG
    Hey all, quick question... I have an unlocked/rooted/SIM unlocked T-Mobile HTC One M7 that I got a couple of days ago while in the US... T-Mo uses the 700MHz/AWS LTE bands and my carrier (KT/olleh) uses the 1800MHz bands...

Yesterday I came back to Korea, upgraded my plan (and my SIM) to support LTE...So, theoretically shouldn't I be able to get LTE service in Korea? I was using CM10.1 and was only getting HSDPA/HSDPAP/UMTS not LTE. I flashed ARHD and still no joy.

Do I need to try and flash a specific radio to enable the 1800MHz LTE band? Do I need to wait for S-OFF to get SuperCID and flash a RUU from Asia WWE? I'm sort of at a loss here...

Below is a dump of my getvarall():

Code:
    (bootloader) version: 0.5
    (bootloader) version-bootloader: 1.44.0000
    (bootloader) version-baseband: 4A.14.3250.13
    (bootloader) version-cpld: None
    (bootloader) version-microp: None
    (bootloader) version-main: 1.27.531.7
    (bootloader) version-misc: PVT SHIP S-ON
    (bootloader) serialno: HT354W914173
    (bootloader) imei: 355972054143632
    (bootloader) meid: 00000000000000
    (bootloader) product: m7_ul
    (bootloader) platform: HBOOT-8064
    (bootloader) modelid: PN0713000
    (bootloader) cidnum: T-MOB010
    (bootloader) battery-status: good
    (bootloader) battery-voltage: 4201mV
    (bootloader) partition-layout: Generic
    (bootloader) security: on
    (bootloader) build-mode: SHIP
    (bootloader) boot-mode: FASTBOOT
    getvar:all FAILED (status read failed (Too many links))
    finished. total time: 0.047s

Tmobile LTE is not supported in Korea. Refer this page by apple which shows the frequency used in Differenct countries :http://www.apple.com/iphone/LTE/
    You will notice that Korea doesnt fall within the same Segment as T-Mob USA
    Well if thats the case then all we need is the proper Icon pack which supposedly Trick Droid has but its part of the rom install and not an independent flashable zip

If you decompile systemui and look at the AT&T images and xml stuff, you see AT&T used one image (4g icon) for there 3g and 4g data strength where international roms use the standard 3g & h icon. It's just a trick by AT&T to make the normal consumers think they have 4g always. Trickdroid & renovate have the proper icons. But that switching back and forth from 3g/4g happens on at&t too, it's just hidden with there fancy icon trick :p

Sent from my HTC One using xda premium