[Jailbreak][Root][Recovery] Back Atcha Verizon-- update 17MAR13:Windows/Linux

Search This thread

blackt5

Jan 14, 2012
I committed some revisions last night which make it so CASUAL no longer installs VCRedist... It simply deploys Heimdall and the files it needs from the VCRedist in order to operate. This will be coming in the next release.

Any idea what the problem was with the drivers? Bad USB cable? I can't reproduce any faults with the drivers at all using a good USB cable and a good USB port. My desktop has 2 usb ports which wont work and I have two USB cables which work for everything except Galaxy Note 2 download mode.

Not the port and not the cable. Used both to finish the run. I think it had to do with the timing of Windows 7 recognizing the device for the drivers to install. It stuck waiting for the device, the CASUAL window just kept adding .............. while the device was in download mode. Shutting down CASUAL and pulling the battery while the cable was disconnected fixed it.

It was such a small hiccup in the process I didn't think much about it. I completed the whole process while my kid was in the bath.

---------- Post added at 12:07 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:02 AM ----------

Samsung phones don't have fastboot.
Odin or "Download Mode", is the bootloader, from adb its "adb reboot download".
You'll be flashing everything from Heimdall instead of fastboot now.

Good to know, thank you.

urcboss07

Aug 4, 2007
I don't know. Most likely you can. Try it! I don't go to stock unless I'm working on an exploit. I don't keep up with the versions.[/QUOT

---------- Post added at 06:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:30 PM ----------

I don't know. Most likely you can. Try it! I don't go to stock unless I'm working on an exploit. I don't keep up with the versions.

NOTE: R401b does not work for the latest OTA update 4.1.2, it will soft brick the phone. Here is the message (quoted):

ERROR: Failed to confirm end of file transfer sequence! ERROR: recovery upload failed! ERROR: Failed to send end session packet!
waiting for device... forever stuck at download mode.

sirmims

Aug 27, 2010
im having issues with heimdall install on mac version, might be an issue with the charger ill check back in

---------- Post added at 03:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:12 AM ----------

After the Heimdall install it asks me to unplug and plug in again. After I plug my phone back in I click Do It and it just loops back to the Heimdall install. What am I doing wrong I'm not getting an error during Heimdall install.

---------- Post added at 04:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:42 AM ----------

[INFO]We are running Mac OS X
Creating Temp Folder in:/var/folders/2m/_x9l0mj55695r9811w4t6njh0000gp/T/TempCASUALB6216B2C/CASUAL Cross-platform ADB Scripting Universal Android Loader
Revision:400 build:3107
CASUAL Copyright (C) 2013 Adam Outler
This program comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY. This is free software,
and you are welcome to redistribute it, under certain conditions; run
'/Users/ChadMimiAmor/Downloads/BackAtchaVerizon-CASUAL-Revision401b.jar --license'
for details. http://android-casual.googlecode.com for source.
[DEBUG]Picking Jar File:/Users/ChadMimiAmor/Downloads/BackAtchaVerizon-CASUAL-Revision401b.jar
[DEBUG]Found Mac Computer
[DEBUG]Attempting to write /var/folders/2m/_x9l0mj55695r9811w4t6njh0000gp/T/TempCASUALB6216B2C/adb
[DEBUG]File verified.
[DEBUG]Setting executable /var/folders/2m/_x9l0mj55695r9811w4t6njh0000gp/T/TempCASUALB6216B2C/adb. Result=true
[DEBUG]Attempting to write /var/folders/2m/_x9l0mj55695r9811w4t6njh0000gp/T/TempCASUALB6216B2C/adb_usb.ini
[DEBUG]File verified.
[DEBUG]
###executing: /var/folders/2m/_x9l0mj55695r9811w4t6njh0000gp/T/TempCASUALB6216B2C/adb###
[DEBUG]cannot bind 'tcp:5037'
ADB server didn't ACK
* failed to start daemon *
error: cannot connect to daemon
* daemon not running. starting it now on port 5037 *

[DEBUG]Found: WindowsLinux Galaxy Note 2 Jailbreak
[ERROR]* daemon not running. starting it now on port 5037 *
[DEBUG]Device List:* daemon started successfully *
List of devices attached

[DEBUG]Control Change requested but Statics.MasterLock is set.
[DEBUG]OMFGWOOT GUI running!
[INFO]This is a tool which will root, unlock, and install a custom recovery on a Verizon Galaxy Note 2.

[DEBUG]Searching for scripts
[DEBUG]Updating Scripts for UI
[INFO]From Resource: true
[INFO]--WindowsLinux Galaxy Note 2 Jailbreak--
[INFO]This is a tool which will root, unlock, and install a custom recovery on a Verizon Galaxy Note 2. Put your device into ADB mode. Credit for this exploit goes to Lee Harrison

[DEBUG]Exiting comboBoxUpdate()
[DEBUG]attempted to lock controls but controls are not availble yet
[DEBUG]Extracting archive....
[DEBUG]State Change Detected, The new state is: 1
[DEBUG]State Connected
[DEBUG]Controls Enabled status: true
[ERROR]
[DEBUG]StartButtonActionPerformed() Script Activated
[DEBUG]Script known as WindowsLinux Galaxy Note 2 Jailbreak is running
[DEBUG]Controls Enabled status: false
[DEBUG]Script WindowsLinux Galaxy Note 2 Jailbreak returned #0WindowsLinux Galaxy Note 2 Jailbreak
[DEBUG]Selected resourceWindowsLinux Galaxy Note 2 Jailbreak
[DEBUG]Lines in Script 65
[DEBUG]Executing Scripted Datastreamjava.io.DataInputStream@69c01ba9
[DEBUG]CASUAL has initiated a multithreaded execution environment
[DEBUG]Script WindowsLinux Galaxy Note 2 Jailbreak returned #0WindowsLinux Galaxy Note 2 Jailbreak
[DEBUG]***WEB VERSION***
IDString:VERIZON GNOTE
SVNRevision:376
ScriptRevision:2
supportURL:http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2118348updateMessageUPDATE: removing limits on Mac for testing purposes
[DEBUG]Reading datastreamjava.io.DataInputStream@69c01ba9
[DEBUG]new command: $USERCANCELOPTION Are you sure?, This is your only warning.\n You will be Unlocked and Rooted. Your device will\n reboot once and then again into Odin mode. CASUAL\n will then flash the Back Atcha Verizon Odin Bootloader\n package for you.
[DEBUG]SCRIPT COMMAND:$USERCANCELOPTION Are you sure?, This is your only warning.\n You will be Unlocked and Rooted. Your device will\n reboot once and then again into Odin mode. CASUAL\n will then flash the Back Atcha Verizon Odin Bootloader\n package for you.
[DEBUG]new command: $ECHO Rebooting into download mode
[DEBUG]SCRIPT COMMAND:$ECHO Rebooting into download mode
[DEBUG]Received ECHO command$ECHO Rebooting into download mode
[INFO]Rebooting into download mode
[DEBUG]new command: $ADB reboot download
[DEBUG]SCRIPT COMMAND:$ADB reboot download
[DEBUG]sending
[DEBUG]
###executing real-time command: /var/folders/2m/_x9l0mj55695r9811w4t6njh0000gp/T/TempCASUALB6216B2C/adb###
[DEBUG]
[DEBUG]return from ADB:
[DEBUG]new command: $HEIMDALL flash --8 "$ZIPFILEboot.img"
[DEBUG]SCRIPT COMMAND:$HEIMDALL flash --8 "$ZIPFILEboot.img"
[DEBUG]Expanded $ZIPFILE: $HEIMDALL flash --8 "/var/folders/2m/_x9l0mj55695r9811w4t6njh0000gp/T/TempCASUALB6216B2C/WindowsLinux Galaxy Note 2 Jailbreak/boot.img"
[DEBUG]Downloading https://android-casual.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/repo/heimdall.properties
[DEBUG]To: /var/folders/2m/_x9l0mj55695r9811w4t6njh0000gp/T/TempCASUALB6216B2C/heimdall.properties
[DEBUG]Downloading https://android-casual.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/repo/Heimdall_1.4RC3_mac32.pkg
[DEBUG]To: /var/folders/2m/_x9l0mj55695r9811w4t6njh0000gp/T/TempCASUALB6216B2C/Heimdall_1.4RC3_mac32.pkg
[DEBUG]
###executing real-time command: open###
[DEBUG]
[DEBUG]new command: $HALT $ECHO You must install Heimdall!
[DEBUG]HALT RECEIVED
[DEBUG]Finishing remaining commands:$ECHO You must install Heimdall!
[DEBUG]SCRIPT COMMAND:$ECHO You must install Heimdall!
[DEBUG]Received ECHO command$ECHO You must install Heimdall!
[INFO]You must install Heimdall!
[ERROR]done
[DEBUG]State Change Detected, The new state is: 0
[DEBUG]State Disconnected
[ERROR]
[DEBUG]Executing Scripted Datastreamjava.io.DataInputStream@181f327e
[DEBUG]***WEB VERSION***
supportURL:http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2118348updateMessageUPDATE: removing limits on Mac for testing purposes
[DEBUG]Reading datastreamjava.io.DataInputStream@181f327e
[DEBUG]new command: $USERCANCELOPTION Are you sure?, This is your only warning.\n You will be Unlocked and Rooted. Your device will\n reboot once and then again into Odin mode. CASUAL\n will then flash the Back Atcha Verizon Odin Bootloader\n package for you.
[DEBUG]SCRIPT COMMAND:$USERCANCELOPTION Are you sure?, This is your only warning.\n You will be Unlocked and Rooted. Your device will\n reboot once and then again into Odin mode. CASUAL\n will then flash the Back Atcha Verizon Odin Bootloader\n package for you.
[DEBUG]sending
[DEBUG]
###executing real-time command: /var/folders/2m/_x9l0mj55695r9811w4t6njh0000gp/T/TempCASUALB6216B2C/adb###
[DEBUG]error: device not found
[DEBUG]return from ADB:error: device not found
[DEBUG]Expanded $ZIPFILE: $HEIMDALL flash --8 "/var/folders/2m/_x9l0mj55695r9811w4t6njh0000gp/T/TempCASUALB6216B2C/WindowsLinux Galaxy Note 2 Jailbreak/boot.img"
[DEBUG]Downloading https://android-casual.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/repo/heimdall.properties
[DEBUG]To: /var/folders/2m/_x9l0mj55695r9811w4t6njh0000gp/T/TempCASUALB6216B2C/heimdall.properties
[DEBUG]Downloading https://android-casual.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/repo/Heimdall_1.4RC3_mac32.pkg
[DEBUG]To: /var/folders/2m/_x9l0mj55695r9811w4t6njh0000gp/T/TempCASUALB6216B2C/Heimdall_1.4RC3_mac32.pkg
[DEBUG]
[DEBUG]
[DEBUG]HALT RECEIVED
[ERROR]done

urcboss07

Aug 4, 2007
Help, please. I used to root a few Verizon galaxy note 2 with R311b, every time was successful but when I do it with new update R401b, every time failed at the end, it gave ERROR message and stuck at Android logo "downloading", any advise? I tried with a couple different pc and laptops, still the same. Thanks

marcustaz

May 31, 2012
Help, please. I used to root a few Verizon galaxy note 2 with R311b, every time was successful but when I do it with new update R401b, every time failed at the end, it gave ERROR message and stuck at Android logo "downloading", any advise? I tried with a couple different pc and laptops, still the same. Thanks

Try different usb port and or usb wire

Sent from my SCH-I605 using xda premium

urcboss07

Aug 4, 2007
Try different usb port and or usb wire

Sent from my SCH-I605 using xda premium

I tried all but still no good. I remember when I used R311b version, it installed VC distribution and gadget serial, but R401b asked me to install different driver, and I did so. Is that the conflicted driver? I wish I could use R311b version but it is no longer good.

AdamOutler

Retired Senior Recognized Developer
Feb 18, 2011
Miami, Fl̨̞̲̟̦̀̈̃͛҃҅͟orida
Not the port and not the cable. Used both to finish the run. I think it had to do with the timing of Windows 7 recognizing the device for the drivers to install. It stuck waiting for the device, the CASUAL window just kept adding .............. while the device was in download mode. Shutting down CASUAL and pulling the battery while the cable was disconnected fixed it.

It was such a small hiccup in the process I didn't think much about it. I completed the whole process while my kid was in the bath.

---------- Post added at 12:07 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:02 AM ----------

Good to know, thank you.

I can adjust the timing for Windows if needed. any idea how long it took?

NOTE: R401b does not work for the latest OTA update 4.1.2, it will soft brick the phone. Here is the message (quoted):

ERROR: Failed to confirm end of file transfer sequence! ERROR: recovery upload failed! ERROR: Failed to send end session packet!
waiting for device... forever stuck at download mode.
Restart the computer, restart the device, connect the device in Odin Mode, Double-click the "disconnected" icon, then click do it. If that doesn't work, try again from the start. You're the only person to report this so I'm suspecitg that it's a problem with your setup.

Make sure your device is rooted and not "temp unrooted". Also make sure you aren't blocking anything.

im having issues with heimdall install on mac version, might be an issue with the charger ill check back in

---------- Post added at 03:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:12 AM ----------

After the Heimdall install it asks me to unplug and plug in again. After I plug my phone back in I click Do It and it just loops back to the Heimdall install. What am I doing wrong I'm not getting an error during Heimdall install.

---------- Post added at 04:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:42 AM ----------

Code:
[INFO]We are running Mac OS X
Creating Temp Folder in:/var/folders/2m/_x9l0mj55695r9811w4t6njh0000gp/T/TempCASUALB6216B2C/CASUAL Cross-platform ADB Scripting Universal Android Loader
Revision:400 build:3107
    CASUAL  Copyright (C) 2013  Adam Outler
    This program comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY.  This is free software,
    and you are welcome to redistribute it, under certain conditions; run
    '/Users/ChadMimiAmor/Downloads/BackAtchaVerizon-CASUAL-Revision401b.jar --license'
    for details. [url]http://android-casual.googlecode.com[/url] for source.
[DEBUG]Picking Jar File:/Users/ChadMimiAmor/Downloads/BackAtchaVerizon-CASUAL-Revision401b.jar
[DEBUG]Found Mac Computer
[DEBUG]Attempting to write /var/folders/2m/_x9l0mj55695r9811w4t6njh0000gp/T/TempCASUALB6216B2C/adb
[DEBUG]File verified.
[DEBUG]Setting executable /var/folders/2m/_x9l0mj55695r9811w4t6njh0000gp/T/TempCASUALB6216B2C/adb. Result=true
[DEBUG]Attempting to write /var/folders/2m/_x9l0mj55695r9811w4t6njh0000gp/T/TempCASUALB6216B2C/adb_usb.ini
[DEBUG]File verified.
[DEBUG]
###executing: /var/folders/2m/_x9l0mj55695r9811w4t6njh0000gp/T/TempCASUALB6216B2C/adb###
[DEBUG]cannot bind 'tcp:5037'
ADB server didn't ACK
* failed to start daemon *
error: cannot connect to daemon
* daemon not running. starting it now on port 5037 *

[DEBUG]Found: WindowsLinux Galaxy Note 2 Jailbreak
[ERROR]* daemon not running. starting it now on port 5037 *
[DEBUG]Device List:* daemon started successfully *
List of devices attached 

[DEBUG]Control Change requested but Statics.MasterLock is set.
[DEBUG]OMFGWOOT GUI running!
[INFO]This is a tool which will root, unlock, and install a custom recovery on a Verizon Galaxy Note 2.

[DEBUG]Searching for scripts
[DEBUG]Updating Scripts for UI
[INFO]From Resource: true
[INFO]--WindowsLinux Galaxy Note 2 Jailbreak--
[INFO]This is a tool which will root, unlock, and install a custom recovery on a Verizon Galaxy Note 2.  Put your device into ADB mode. Credit for this exploit goes to Lee Harrison

[DEBUG]Exiting comboBoxUpdate()
[DEBUG]attempted to lock controls but controls are not availble yet
[DEBUG]Extracting archive....
[DEBUG]State Change Detected, The new state is: 1
[DEBUG]State Connected
[ERROR]
[DEBUG]Executing Scripted Datastreamjava.io.DataInputStream@69c01ba9
[DEBUG]***WEB VERSION***
supportURL:[url]http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2118348updateMessageUPDATE:[/url] removing limits on Mac for testing purposes 
[DEBUG]Reading datastreamjava.io.DataInputStream@69c01ba9
[DEBUG]new command: $USERCANCELOPTION Are you sure?, This is your only warning.\n You will be Unlocked and Rooted. Your device will\n reboot once and then again into Odin mode.  CASUAL\n will then flash the Back Atcha Verizon Odin Bootloader\n package for you.
[DEBUG]SCRIPT COMMAND:$USERCANCELOPTION Are you sure?, This is your only warning.\n You will be Unlocked and Rooted. Your device will\n reboot once and then again into Odin mode.  CASUAL\n will then flash the Back Atcha Verizon Odin Bootloader\n package for you.
[DEBUG]sending
[DEBUG]
[DEBUG]
[DEBUG]return from ADB:
[DEBUG]Downloading [url]https://android-casual.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/repo/heimdall.properties[/url]
[DEBUG]Downloading [url]https://android-casual.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/repo/Heimdall_1.4RC3_mac32.pkg[/url]
[DEBUG]
[DEBUG]
[DEBUG]HALT RECEIVED
[ERROR]done
[DEBUG]State Change Detected, The new state is: 0
[DEBUG]State Disconnected
[ERROR]
[DEBUG]Executing Scripted Datastreamjava.io.DataInputStream@181f327e
[DEBUG]***WEB VERSION***
supportURL:[url]http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2118348updateMessageUPDATE:[/url] removing limits on Mac for testing purposes 
[DEBUG]Reading datastreamjava.io.DataInputStream@181f327e
[DEBUG]new command: $USERCANCELOPTION Are you sure?, This is your only warning.\n You will be Unlocked and Rooted. Your device will\n reboot once and then again into Odin mode.  CASUAL\n will then flash the Back Atcha Verizon Odin Bootloader\n package for you.
[DEBUG]SCRIPT COMMAND:$USERCANCELOPTION Are you sure?, This is your only warning.\n You will be Unlocked and Rooted. Your device will\n reboot once and then again into Odin mode.  CASUAL\n will then flash the Back Atcha Verizon Odin Bootloader\n package for you.
[DEBUG]sending
[DEBUG]
[DEBUG]error: device not found
[DEBUG]return from ADB:error: device not found
[DEBUG]Downloading [url]https://android-casual.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/repo/heimdall.properties[/url]
[DEBUG]Downloading [url]https://android-casual.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/repo/Heimdall_1.4RC3_mac32.pkg[/url]
[DEBUG]
[DEBUG]
[DEBUG]HALT RECEIVED
[ERROR]done
[DEBUG]Controls Enabled status: true[/QUOTE]

I tried all but still no good. I remember when I used R311b version, it installed VC distribution and gadget serial, but R401b asked me to install different driver, and I did so. Is that the conflicted driver? I wish I could use R311b version but it is no longer good.

I don't know if I need to enforce rebooting as a "policy" for the Heimdall Mac Installer.. Let me know if I need to do that. Try double-clicking "disconnected" then clicking the Do It button again. Did you try plugging into a different USB port as was stated in the instructions? If so, restart the device and start CASUAL over. If that doesn't work, reboot the computer.

Please let me know what works.

urcboss07

Aug 4, 2007

Restart the computer, restart the device, connect the device in Odin Mode, Double-click the "disconnected" icon, then click do it. If that doesn't work, try again from the start. You're the only person to report this so I'm suspecitg that it's a problem with your setup.

Make sure your device is rooted and not "temp unrooted". Also make sure you aren't blocking anything.

[/code]

I don't know if I need to enforce rebooting as a "policy" for the Heimdall Mac Installer.. Let me know if I need to do that. Try double-clicking "disconnected" then clicking the Do It button again. Did you try plugging into a different USB port as was stated in the instructions? If so, restart the device and start CASUAL over. If that doesn't work, reboot the computer.

Please set the timer longer if you can if it is the issue with timer. I will try every again to see what happens. I found the R311b version is the easiest method to root phone, I always root the phone with R311b and done in less than 5min.

Last edited:

Cuzo

Oct 25, 2008
No cellular connection - Verizon - Mac (using Casual)

I've gotten to the point where I have the TWRP installed. However when I flash any ROM I cannot get a cellular connection. I've tried ClearROM ACE 4.7.0; JediXVX; and note2_JellyBeans_B12. I'm lost at the moment and don't know how to get my cellular connection back. Please help.

Thanks.

sirmims

Aug 27, 2010

[/code]

Its still not working its really strange. I've plugged it into a different port, restarted device then Casual, and done a reboot. The Heimdall install doesn't seem to affect the process, after Heimdall it asks me to unplug and replug my phone, but then I have to reclick Do It and it just reinstalls Heimdall. I think I've installed Heimdall about 30 times lol

Last edited:

urcboss07

Aug 4, 2007

Good to know, thank you.

***Try the above method, when I put back the battery, power on and the phone stuck on the start, just keep flashing "Samsung Galaxy Note II", that's set.

jimm2

Jul 7, 2008
Delay in starting Casual program

Whenever I run the jar file, it takes several minutes before I see the Casual screen display.

When I run it, I immediately hear the audible message but no window is displayed. I notice in task manager that it immediately starts up a few adb.exe processes but nothing else happens. If I wait long enough, the Casual window eventually displays but this takes quite a while.

Is this normal behavior?

Running win 8 64, firewall and AV disabled. Tried it on 2 different win 8 pc's, same result.

AdamOutler

Feb 18, 2011
Please set the timer longer if you can if it is the issue with timer. I will try every again to see what happens. I found the R311b version is the easiest method to root phone, I always root the phone with R311b and done in less than 5min.

Ok. I will actually have to add the timer. CASUAL uses Heimdall to detect the device. I'll add in an extra 10 seconds for Windows to settle down after it sees the device. I've encountered that problem before. This will continue to be an issue until the next release and it will be a while.

I've gotten to the point where I have the TWRP installed. However when I flash any ROM I cannot get a cellular connection. I've tried ClearROM ACE 4.7.0; JediXVX; and note2_JellyBeans_B12. I'm lost at the moment and don't know how to get my cellular connection back. Please help.

Thanks.
Ask your ROM developer. This is not the place for your issue. Everything went fine for you with this process as relates to this thread.

Its still not working its really strange. I've plugged it into a different port, restarted device then Casual, and done a reboot. The Heimdall install doesn't seem to affect the process, after Heimdall it asks me to unplug and replug my phone, but then I have to reclick Do It and it just reinstalls Heimdall. I think I've installed Heimdall about 30 times lol
Did you restart the computer?

Try this.. put your device into Odin Mode... What is the result of Terminal Command "which heimdall ", "/bin/heimdall close pc screen", "/usr/bin/heimdall close-pc-screen", and "/usr/local/bin/heimdall close-pc-screen"?

sirmims

Aug 27, 2010
Ok. I will actually have to add the timer. CASUAL uses Heimdall to detect the device. I'll add in an extra 10 seconds for Windows to settle down after it sees the device. I've encountered that problem before. This will continue to be an issue until the next release and it will be a while.

Ask your ROM developer. This is not the place for your issue. Everything went fine for you with this process as relates to this thread.

Did you restart the computer?

Try this.. put your device into Odin Mode... What is the result of Terminal Command "which heimdall ", "/bin/heimdall close pc screen", "/usr/bin/heimdall close-pc-screen", and "/usr/local/bin/heimdall close-pc-screen"?

usr/bin/heimdall, doesn't say close-pc-screen. I also got this error at the end of the last install
"The system extension “/System/Library/Extensions/heimdall.kext” was installed improperly and cannot be used. Please try reinstalling it, or contact the product’s vendor for an update."

AdamOutler

Feb 18, 2011
usr/bin/heimdall, doesn't say close-pc-screen. I also got this error at the end of the last install
"The system extension “/System/Library/Extensions/heimdall.kext” was installed improperly and cannot be used. Please try reinstalling it, or contact the product’s vendor for an update."

ok.. I suppose you've had heimdall installed previously? Do the following to uninstall all heimdalls.
Code:
sudo rm /bin/heimdall
sudo rm /usr/bin/heimdall
sudo rm /usr/local/bin/heimdall
sudo rm -Rf /System/Library/Extensions/heimdall.kext
Then rerun CASUAL.

ElChibo

Jan 11, 2010
Kailua Hawaii
Confused.

Because search is down at the moment i can't search but... when i try to flash a rom after unlocking the bootloader it is giving me a build prop error and is telling me i can't flash a rom.

Do i need to flash a recovery via odin or something?

just asking.

AdamOutler

Feb 18, 2011
Confused.

Because search is down at the moment i can't search but... when i try to flash a rom after unlocking the bootloader it is giving me a build prop error and is telling me i can't flash a rom.

Do i need to flash a recovery via odin or something?

just asking.

CASUAL has a build-in "assert" function basically..
Code:
$IFNOTCONTAINS 3.0.31-414933 $INCOMMAND shell "cat /proc/version" $DO $USERCANCELOPTION Improper kernel, I have detected an unsupported kernel\n  You may continue if you are rooted. Otherwise click stop\n and restart the procedure.

If that's the message you're seeing, then we can go from there. Anything else has nothing to do with CASUAL and youre already unlocked. In which case you need to go find somehwere else to ask your question.

carhauler1969

Mar 16, 2010
Purmela,Texas
Cannot access device.libusb failure

On revision 401b I keep getting the following errors trying to run Casual:
<<From the Casual main window>>
Code:
Initialising connection...
Detecting device...
ERROR: Failed to detect compatible download-mode device.Your device should be rebooting into Android now.
Rebooting into download mode
error: device not foundWaiting for Downoad Mode device...Heimdall v1.4 RC2

Copyright (c) 2010-2012, Benjamin Dobell, Glass Echidna
http://www.glassechidna.com.au/

This software is provided free of charge. Copying and redistribution is
encouraged.

If you appreciate this software and you would like to support future
development please consider donating:
http://www.glassechidna.com.au/donate/

Detecting device...
ERROR: Failed to access device. libusb error: -12Installing drivers
locating files...0kb CADI.exe ver1...4682kb 
CASUAL's   AUTOMATED   DRIVER   INSTALLER

<<From the command prompt (ADB) window>>
Code:
This program uses libwdi by Pete Batard

Compatible Windows Version Detected...
Getting Device List...
Device List Aquired...
Parsing...
Target Device Found:"Modem" Found at:( 04E8:685D )
Preparing Driver...
Driver Prepared...
Installing Driver...
Driver Install Failed...
Target Device Found:"dg_ssudbus" Found at:( 04E8:685D )
Preparing Driver...
No Target Devices Detected...
Quiting...
Press Any Key To Continue...

My laptop is running Windows 8, I've tried two different USB cables, and all 4 USB ports on my laptop. ADB is working from the CMD prompt, I have the correct Samsung USB drivers installed (from MSkip's Note 2 Toolkit), and I have the correct Java NDK v17 u7 installed. Not sure what the problem is :confused: any help appreciated :cowboy:

Edit: My N2 is on the latest(?) I assume LL4 firmware. Casual is successful at rebooting the phone into download mode, then I get the errors noted above, which will continue endlessly once CADI downloads the drivers & I click yes on the box that pops up asking if I want to install the driver. I've probably ran it 15 times now, always with the same result. :confused::banghead:

Last edited:

jimm2

Jul 7, 2008
Having similar problems as the post above. Tried multiple pc's, cables, ports and also have correct drivers on a stock setup.

Can someone confirm this latest version is working with windows 8? Just want to rule that out as a possibility before continuing to troubleshoot.

Thanks

Reactions: carhauler1969

jrloper

Jul 29, 2011
Logan, OH
On revision 401b I keep getting the following errors trying to run Casual:
<<From the Casual main window>>
Code:
Detecting device...
ERROR: Failed to detect compatible download-mode device.Your device should be rebooting into Android now.
Rebooting into download mode
error: device not foundWaiting for Downoad Mode device...Heimdall v1.4 RC2

Copyright (c) 2010-2012, Benjamin Dobell, Glass Echidna
http://www.glassechidna.com.au/

This software is provided free of charge. Copying and redistribution is
encouraged.

If you appreciate this software and you would like to support future
development please consider donating:
http://www.glassechidna.com.au/donate/

Detecting device...
ERROR: Failed to access device. libusb error: -12Installing drivers
locating files...0kb CADI.exe ver1...4682kb 
CASUAL's   AUTOMATED   DRIVER   INSTALLER

<<From the command prompt (ADB) window>>
Code:
This program uses libwdi by Pete Batard

Compatible Windows Version Detected...
Getting Device List...
Device List Aquired...
Parsing...
Target Device Found:"Modem" Found at:( 04E8:685D )
Preparing Driver...
Driver Prepared...
Installing Driver...
Driver Install Failed...
Target Device Found:"dg_ssudbus" Found at:( 04E8:685D )
Preparing Driver...
No Target Devices Detected...
Quiting...
Press Any Key To Continue...

My laptop is running Windows 8, I've tried two different USB cables, and all 4 USB ports on my laptop. ADB is working from the CMD prompt, I have the correct Samsung USB drivers installed (from MSkip's Note 2 Toolkit), and I have the correct Java NDK installed. Not sure what the problem is :confused: any help appreciated :cowboy:

Edit: My N2 is on the latest(?) I assume LL4 firmware. Casual is successful at rebooting the phone into download mode, then I get the errors noted above, which will continue endlessly once CADI downloads the drivers & I click yes on the box that pops up asking if I want to install the driver. I've probably ran it 15 times now, always with the same result. :confused::banghead:

Very, very interesting...I just realized I spelled "Acquired" wrong.

Might have a problem with the EXE's compression with Win8. Okay, let's try this:
Reboot your phone into download mode manually, "adb reboot download". Once in download run CADI by itself.

https://cadi.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/CADI/Release/cadi.exe

See if that version will work. Should it work, do a battery pull and reboot, then rerun CASUAL.

Sent from my SGH-I747 using xda app-developers app

Reactions: carhauler1969

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    UPDATE: new version available here http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2272066.

FIRST!!! First jailbreak under the new 2012 DMCA Excemption that is. First "Android Jailbreak" ever... Gah that name erks me... Anyway, You’re here to legally Jailbreak your Verizon Galaxy Note 2.

Introduction
    CASUAL will guide you through the process. Put your device into “Developer Mode>USB Debugging”. Click the do it button. This is not only the first release of this new Exploit, but it’s also a beta-test of CASUAL. I expect problems... however this will be addressed with updates. See the About CASUAL section below.

We decided to start a new thread becasue the old unlock method is tried and true on Windows with VRALJB. This method is based on a totally new exploit.

Overview
    You are expected to be STOCK.... Stock anything, but stock. This will install a stock kernel and that may affect non-stock roms. You will need to download and execute the CASUAL application below. Then click the Do It! button. You need Java. Do you have Java?.

Windows 32/64 Users: CASUAL will put your device into Download Mode. It will automatically flash everything. If drivers are required, jrloper's CADI (CASUAL Automated Driver installer) will handle it. If Microsoft VC Redistributable is required, click next, next, next. Make sure you're connected to the internet.

Linux 32/64/raspberry pi Users There may be a permission escalation in order to install heimdall, either way sit back and relax. CASUAL automates the entire process.
    Please run the following in a terminal first:

Mac Users: Mac works easierr than any other system at the time of this release on 32bit systems. Please report problems.

Download
    CASUAL(R465b) Back Atcha Verizon CASUAL is used to automate the process. The exploit was developed by Elite Recognized Developer Ralekdev and packaged by AdamOutler. To run CASUAL you need Java. Do you have Java?

Jailbreak video for Windows users only!
    This video desmonstrates CASUAL used with Odin to flash the Galaxy Note 2 firmware Thanks to DroidModderX.

Jailbreak video for LINUX only!
    This video demonstrates the one-click CASUAL Linux Unlock method... at 2AM.. so don't expect me to be cheerful.

About CASUAL
    CASUAL stands for Cross-platform ADB Scripting, Univeral Android Loader. CASUAL jar files are a wrapper for the CASUAL scripting language. CASUAL allows rapid and accurate deployment of hacks and exploits. At any time, if a serious problem is detected with any script, the kill-switch will be flipped and you will be brought to a support page (most likely here) so you can download the latest version. Otherwise for minor corrections, new CASUAL scripts can be deployed remotely.

Updates
    CASUAL provides updates WAAAAY quicker than Verizon. As soon as I push an update to the Subversion repo it appears automatically in EVERY casual. See below for the change log.
    25JAN13: Initial release.
    25JAN13: put your device into download mode automatically on Windows. Windows users, let me know if this is annoying. -auto CASUAL update
    26JAN13: Instruct Windows users to install the proper bootloader -- auto CASUAL update
    26JAN13: more concise directions --auto CASUAL update
    7MAR13: Initiated beta test of one-click operation on all platforms!
    17MAR13: Cross-platform Heimdall is now in effect with CASUAL R311b
    20MAR13: Removed mac blocker from script --auto CASUAL update.
    6APR13: kill-switch activated as most of repository has been restructured and drivers/dependencies will not be deployed. This will be resolved soon with a new version.
    7APR13: New version includes better driver support via jrloper's CADI and on-the-fly updates for drivers and more. 32/64bit Heimdall for Mac is now supported. Several irrelevant command line features were added as well.
    18APR13: CASUAL R417 Several fixes with improved logging and pastebin support thanks to jrloper
    2May13: killswitch for old versions implemented.
    Ironically I probably wouldn't have noticed the hole used this time had they not added the blacklisting of the old versions. Looking at the code for that gave me a push in the right direction
    Troubleshooting
    70% of problems with CASUAL involve USB cables and USB ports. All other problems can be tracked back to Windows XP.

CASUAL Stops and my phone is in Odin Mode/Download Mode
    Use a different USB cable and a different USB port. Personally, I have two USB cables which work for everything and anything but they fail when it comes to Odin/Download Mode.

CASUAL displays Disconnected and won't let me press the button
    Put your device into ADB mode. Settings>Developer Options>USB Debugging

CASUAL is not working and it's not something above
    Did you install drivers? If you installed drivers, you need to uninstall and delete them. You don't need them because Windows installs them. Actually, they're poisonous, and some drivers install themselves with a future date which causes them to be un-upgradable. This means, you've shot yourself in the foot. You can run Samsung Kies and do the troubleshoot connection wizard, or you can go to device manager and uninstall the driver + delete driver.

CASUAL is not working and I'm absolutely sure it's not a driver issue
    1. Let everything sit for a bit. CASUAL will generally pop up a troubleshooting message.
    2. If you're sure nothing has happened for the last 3 minutes, disconnect the USB and restart the device normally.
    3. Restart your computer
    4. Try again using a new stock USB cable, on a different USB port, preferably located in the back of the computer.

I just want to annoy you
    First grab a hammer and go outside into the back yard and hit yourself repeatedly in the head. If you do not have a hammer, borrow one from your neighbor. If you don't have a yard, borrow one from your neighbor. If you don't have a head, mission accomplished.
    You probly caught it in the middle of a commit. try this: http://d-h.st/6c6

This is CASUAL Revision 311. This includes quicker startup, a full Open Source stack of software, no Odin, auto-downloads, auto-executes, and it works on Windows and Linux. For Windows you have Drivers and MSRedist (both installed by CASUAL), this is a one-click procedure. We are working on making it easier by the day and expect the next release to be even easier. For now, the driver requires you to select "Gadget Serial" and hit install.

I will bump this up to the first thread now because I've already tested on Window and Linux. Droid Modder X said he would have a video out soon.
    there no way to unlock boot loader on odin another way ?
    Please stand by. I expect to have everything working again today. The purpose of the down-time is to ensure there will be no Downtime in the future. I'm working on it now...

Basically, its down because jrloper and myself are reworking and upgrading. the CASUAL repository system. It will soon be infinitely expandable and able to pull resources from anywhere.

An unfortunate side-effect of this is Quality Control takes a bit of time.. as we test, its getting better, faster, accommodating for more errors, performing more troubleshooting, becoming safer and even accounting for errors in data transfer across the internet.

Its almost ready.