[Q] Can I go from CM11 back to stock T-mo?

Search This thread

negativefx

Mar 13, 2009
I'm on CM11. I'd like to return to a stock-like JB rom for the time being until there's some reasonable functionality available in the AOSP-based KK roms. I've seen the warnings on the int'l forum that once you go to the Sammy 4.4 roms, you can't go back to JB due to the bootloader update. I've not installed a KK rom other than CM.

Does this no-going-back issue apply if I've only done the following?

1) Rooted stock MI7 using RDLV, installed TWRP Manager
2) Flashed TWRP recovery
3) Wiped device, flashed CM11 nightly build

I looked through the forums but I've not found this question or answer, so I apologize if I'm reposting... I guess I just didn't find the magic keyword combo to search for.

Last edited:

apacseven

Aug 10, 2011
You can still go back to 4.3. Did you happen to make a nandroid backup before installing CM11?

Tdeljr

Oct 16, 2010
Google Pixel 6
Cm 11 isn't the same 4.4 as the official tw 4.4 which is the one with the updated bootloader. So going back to a 4.3 rom is not a problem. Either find and flash the stock rom located in Dev section or you can Odin the stock tar file (which will revert you back completely to stock.

Sent from my SM-N900T using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

rkwarner2

Aug 30, 2009
Cm 11 isn't the same 4.4 as the official tw 4.4 which is the one with the updated bootloader. So going back to a 4.3 rom is not a problem. Either find and flash the stock rom located in Dev section or you can Odin the stock tar file (which will revert you back completely to stock.

Sent from my SM-N900T using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

I'm stuck in a similar spot.

On TMO 4.3 stock/deoxed, I did a nandroid backup with CWM 6.0.4.6, flashed CM11 to play with a for a few days, and after restoring the backup, the phone boots, but after putting in my pin, all i get is black screen and lots of force closes. I tried the Brick_Loop_fixer zip with no luck. I've different combo of wiping cache/davik cache and formatting system BEFORE the restore with no luck. I also tried ODIN back to full stock, flashing the stock/deoxed ROM i was using, then doing the restore, same outcome.

Any help would be great!

Reggie.