[Q] lg optimus net p690 laggy after air update

Search This thread

jn2771

Apr 19, 2012
I recently bought lg optimus net p690. It was running very good. I rooted it 3-4 days ago. There was no problem after rooting. It was running the same good. But while using wifi I ran the "software update" from phone. It downloaded an 18MB file and then updated phone and restarted. After that my phone has become very laggy. It runs slowly. When I slide to change homescreens, they change very slowly. applications too are laggy now. sometimes they crash...

now I want that previous firmware that was running good.

I tried to reset my phone (settings>privacy>erase) but nothing improved (my apps got deleted :( ).

I dont remember what was the previous firmware version or any thing.. but this is what is displays

Android version 2.3.4

Software version v10e-Jan-06-2012

How do I roll back to the previous version of firmware.. pls help!!

Last edited:

CyanChip

Apr 18, 2012
Vancouver, Canada
Only death can not be fixed.

How do you know that you downloaded a new fimware or just some application updates?
Did you take note of the software version? (Under Settings/About/Software).
Did it give you any warning about losing your Apps? (Titanium Back-Up is for backing-up Apps).

You can not "roll-back" firmware if you did not do a ROM (also called nandroid) back-up first...
But don't dispair, because If a ROM is not working for you, wether it is stock (Manufacturer) or not, you can get something better here! :D
Check this post out:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1388831
Cheers, and don't despair, rooting is just the first step to a long and fun path! :)
BTW, you might have to root it again, but you already know how to. :cool:

---------- Post added at 08:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:08 AM ----------

Opps.... Forgot to ask... Did you do a "reset" (Hold Power down and choose reset phone)? A simple reset can solve A LOT of things, better than just pulling the battery out, so try that first and let us know what happened.
Again, you have to ENJOY getting into phones. You will learn a lot while failing and trying again! ;)

jn2771

Apr 19, 2012
i did reset from phone settings. not a hard reset.
it displayed "updating firmware" during the update process.
where can i get custom roms for lg p690? i dont know how to install them. pls help :)

denzel09

Jun 28, 2009
Teheran
I recently bought lg optimus net p690. It was running very good. I rooted it 3-4 days ago. There was no problem after rooting. It was running the same good. But while using wifi I ran the "software update" from phone. It downloaded an 18MB file and then updated phone and restarted. After that my phone has become very laggy. It runs slowly. When I slide to change homescreens, they change very slowly. applications too are laggy now. sometimes they crash...

now I want that previous firmware that was running good.

I tried to reset my phone (settings>privacy>erase) but nothing improved (my apps got deleted :( ).

I dont remember what was the previous firmware version or any thing.. but this is what is displays

Android version 2.3.4

Software version v10e-Jan-06-2012

How do I roll back to the previous version of firmware.. pls help!!

Hi what country version is your phone?