How to make wallpapers fit???

Search This thread

robster8719

Aug 22, 2011
Hello xda I have been out of the android department for a while. To be exact its been since December of 2011 and since than I have been a member of the iOS family. I have recently gotten back into the world of android with a galaxy s4. Unfortunately I have run into a problem that I used to all the time when I had my old htc evo. The wallpapers do not fit. They are always zoomed in. Regardless of the crop it zooms in. Some launchers allow the scrolling effect which if you scroll the five slides you see the whole wallpaper but I am not really looking for that. I was more hoping to see the whole wallpaper at all times (like I do on iphones). I have seen post about different wallpaper apps that can crop the wallpaper to fit right but unfortunately those are not working for me either. They always zoom it to far out and half my screen is black while the middle is the wallpaper. I just dont get why this was an issue almost 3 years ago and it still is....

w7excursion

Nov 15, 2007
Crop them yourself on a computer. I don't have any problems with my wallpapers. Sure yours have high enough resolution? Doesn't sound like it. The s4 has a full hd 1080p screen.

cruise350

Dec 11, 2007
Memphis, TN
Make sure the wallpaper is sized for the S4, and don't compare android to crappy iOS. When you only allow one phone and one tablet it is easy to make apps and wallpapers. There are 100's of different android phones and tablets, screen sizes and shapes, so making a universal wallpaper is a little harder to do.