[App] Swipify - Wear App Switcher & Launcher

Search This thread

wingoku

May 19, 2013
Introduction

Android wear is cool but there are a few major deficiencies. Mechanism of switching between recent apps is absent & there is no easy and intuitive way to launch the apps.You can't monitor your watch's system resources. You can't monitor the system resources on your smart watch. Swipify is designed to revolutionize multitasking, app switching, app launching & controlling your phone on Android Wear.

Features

Swipify enhances Android Wear experience by providing:

3 different style app launchers

  • Floating Launcher - Open the launcher with a single tap on the floating icon. Move around the floating icon at your will.
  • Radial Launcher - Moto 360 Style launcher
  • Swipe Launcher - Traditional phone style launcher

Multitasker / Recent App switcher - Switch between running apps any where on the Android wear system (Multitasking)
Music Controller - Control music on your phone with your smart watch
Wifi & Phone Profile Toggles on watch
Changing Phone volume from watch
• Phone & watch battery levels
RAM monitor
Quick Settings - Easily change brightness, volume profile & view smart watch battery level.
Screen Always On.

Notes:

• To use this app, you must have an Android wear smart watch.
• When you install this app on your phone, it automatically installs Swipify on the smart watch connected to your phone.

multitasker.png

bu8rMfv_Deu7b4cwkN7Irs8qYSvW43GO5Uf7SLylouRfb6xvbEnp-XyW2mSKl9v847Y=h900-rw

radialLauncher.png

swipeLauncher.png

Hi_AOECt9yAp5u7IAxOooS33yMkWMjerk0CV_GybL32ZMndors2Oa8pl2ipeT9d4VbA=h900-rw

sbpaez1TXsvf7kAyFuiqCxkaJKUBMWWvpbfkJqYeUrjYhIlVG7M8yG8g_IZG1-IdBM5W=h900-rw

d7JRXiXzS_rQcH8FRCcphGMO9OCEBkAMhOYhox8xQByyuFFwgDF_OFP7oVNVv04nzg=h900-rw

Get it on Google Play

This app is currently in Beta

Stable release is live on PlayStore

Install the app on your devices & let me know if there are any issues.

Android L Preview issue has been resolved.

Last edited:
Reactions: Albayeah

wingoku

May 19, 2013
Change Log:

v 1.9.2
=====

* Multiple columns options for Swipe & Floating Launchers
* Swipe launcher optimizations
* Display Always On toggle in Quick Settings
* Alot of performance optimizations & tweaks.

v 1.9.1
=====

* Wifi Tethering
* Quick Settings Animations
* Opening Swipe Launcher has been made easier.
* Performance enhancements

v1.8.6
=====

* Phone Finder
* Bug Fixes
* Optimizations

v1.8.2
=====

* Radial Launcher
* Switching between more then 6 apps on Multitasker (App Switcher)
* Music Controls in Quick Settings
* Volume Controls in Quick Settings
* Wifi & Phone Profile toggles in Quick Settings
* Floating Launcher
* Phone side settings
* 6 Swipe Edge positions

Last edited:

ghisura

Jun 21, 2007
Thanks for notifying me.
I have got it. Uploading updated APK.

1st time I do this so don't know if it's ok :

07-24 11:47:58.800 D/BubblePopupHelper(27163): isShowingBubblePopup : false
07-24 11:47:58.960 D/BubblePopupHelper(27163): isShowingBubblePopup : false
07-24 11:47:58.980 W/IInputConnectionWrapper(27163): showStatusIcon on inactive InputConnection
07-24 11:47:59.010 E/ViewRootImpl(27163): mIsPenSupport: :false

I have launch a recording with catlog try to lunch the app and stop recording is it adequate :confused:?

wingoku

May 19, 2013
The app has been updated. The update will be available shortly. This problem should be gone then.:)

Last edited:

Bierfreund

Jun 30, 2010
Can you please add an option to disable the swipify launcher?
I have more than one launcher installed, to try out which is best atm (all are still in development i guess).
The other launchers have options to disable them, which is needed if you try out another launcher (same gestures).

wingoku

May 19, 2013
I have more than one launcher installed, to try out which is best atm (all are still in development i guess).
The other launchers have options to disable them, which is needed if you try out another launcher (same gestures).

I will add it in the future updates.

I will add it in the future updates.

I am in the exact same situation! Thanks for adding that in the next updates ;)

wingoku

May 19, 2013
Swipify - Android Wear Multitasker & Launcher

In this BETA release, I have added

Radial Launcher (multitasker style). Now swipe from left edge of the screen, take your finger to the app you want to launch & let go to launch the app.

• 6 apps are shown in each batch of Radial launcher. To see next batch of apps, take your finger back to the left edge of the screen.

• Multitasker & app launcher optimizations.

Last edited:

Tower1972

Mar 13, 2008
Somewhere in Wisconsin
Just tried it with the radial dial...and well it didnt work. The app I would swipe my finger to is completely different then the app that launched. For instance, I would move my finger to the Fit app...on the top of the screen, it would list some other app, and launch that lol

Reactions: wingoku

wingoku

May 19, 2013
Just tried it with the radial dial...and well it didnt work. The app I would swipe my finger to is completely different then the app that launched. For instance, I would move my finger to the Fit app...on the top of the screen, it would list some other app, and launch that lol

Thank you for notifying me. :)

I have fixed the bug. It should be working fine now. Please update your app.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tower1972

granduke

Mar 1, 2009
Nice app. Have a few issues.
Wi-Fi teather toggle doesn't work. Works fine with wear mini launcher. n5 stock 4.4.4 w/gravity box.
Also concerning ware mini launcher, I like how their 'find phone' feature just produces a chirp instead a blasting ring tone.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

AstroDigital

Aug 10, 2010
Wi-Fi teather toggle doesn't work. Works fine with wear mini launcher. n5 stock 4.4.4 w/gravity box.
Also concerning ware mini launcher, I like how their 'find phone' feature just produces a chirp instead a blasting ring tone.

All I can say is check you have 1.9.1 (older versions were kind of hit and miss), it works ok on my Note 3 press WiFi tether get a double circle and it is on press it again it turns off (can not confirm the n5)

wingoku

May 19, 2013

This app has been tested on Nexus 5 by a few testers & it seems to be working fine on their device. Try updating the app.
As far as ringtone volume is concerned, In my opinion, a "little chirp" sound defeats the purpose of finding phone, if under certain scenarios this chirp is not listened by the user.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Introduction

Android wear is cool but there are a few major deficiencies. Mechanism of switching between recent apps is absent & there is no easy and intuitive way to launch the apps.You can't monitor your watch's system resources. You can't monitor the system resources on your smart watch. Swipify is designed to revolutionize multitasking, app switching, app launching & controlling your phone on Android Wear.

Features

Swipify enhances Android Wear experience by providing:

3 different style app launchers

  • Floating Launcher - Open the launcher with a single tap on the floating icon. Move around the floating icon at your will.
      • Radial Launcher - Moto 360 Style launcher
      • Swipe Launcher - Traditional phone style launcher

Multitasker / Recent App switcher - Switch between running apps any where on the Android wear system (Multitasking)
    Music Controller - Control music on your phone with your smart watch
    Wifi & Phone Profile Toggles on watch
    Changing Phone volume from watch
    • Phone & watch battery levels
    RAM monitor
    Quick Settings - Easily change brightness, volume profile & view smart watch battery level.
    Screen Always On.

Notes:

• To use this app, you must have an Android wear smart watch.
    • When you install this app on your phone, it automatically installs Swipify on the smart watch connected to your phone.

multitasker.png

bu8rMfv_Deu7b4cwkN7Irs8qYSvW43GO5Uf7SLylouRfb6xvbEnp-XyW2mSKl9v847Y=h900-rw

radialLauncher.png

swipeLauncher.png

Hi_AOECt9yAp5u7IAxOooS33yMkWMjerk0CV_GybL32ZMndors2Oa8pl2ipeT9d4VbA=h900-rw

sbpaez1TXsvf7kAyFuiqCxkaJKUBMWWvpbfkJqYeUrjYhIlVG7M8yG8g_IZG1-IdBM5W=h900-rw

d7JRXiXzS_rQcH8FRCcphGMO9OCEBkAMhOYhox8xQByyuFFwgDF_OFP7oVNVv04nzg=h900-rw

Get it on Google Play

This app is currently in Beta

Stable release is live on PlayStore

Install the app on your devices & let me know if there are any issues.

Android L Preview issue has been resolved.

A huge thanks to @Tower1972 for finding a bug.

A Huge thanks to @ghisura & @AstroDigital for testing the app.
    The app has been updated. The update will be available shortly. This problem should be gone then.:)

Thanks will report here.

Thank you for notifying me. :)

I have fixed the bug. It should be working fine now. Please update your app.