[XPosed Mod] HiGoogle - "Hi Galaxy" phrase opens Google Now instead of S-Voice

Search This thread

Anzic

Feb 22, 2009
set module HiGoogle, tested, worked like it should. Now put the other modules, and it looks like something was broken. Tried to disable new modules does not help. Maybe someone knows what the problem is?
The fact is that when I say "Hi Galaxy!" lights up the screen, but the app "Voice Search" will not open, but if you swipe on the screen, thereby unlocking it, it starts immediately. Although it should operate "on top" of the lock screen.
Note3 N900XXUDNC1 stock root.
ps sorry for bad english. Google translate

Sampson0420

Jan 8, 2013
I'm running dynamic kat 4.4.2 and this doesnt work for me either. The rom didn't have svoice in the first place, I flashed it back on just for the hi galaxy wakeup function. You guys implied earlier in the thread that there is a way to have my phone always listen, even when screen is off without svoice? I would prefer not to flash svoice in my future update, and just have always listening for the ok google now phrase. Any help or input would be appreciated.

chuckbeez

Apr 10, 2014
I wish this worked! Vzw note 2. It redirected to Google when I used the double tap but not the voice unfortunately.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using XDA Free mobile app

4aces

Feb 16, 2010
Nice

The plans u have are exactly what I'm looking 4 to make my note untouchable. Hope you manage to get rid of s voice completely. Great work and keep up:good:

Ganymede 7

Oct 11, 2013
HiGoogle not working properly, Please fix with an update.

Hello, I've been looking for a long time for a module or app to simply do this, voice command to Google Voice instead of S voice on the dark screen. Thank you for trying. However, when used, the device does go to Google Voice but then "immediately" times out. In other words, Google Voice activates and goes to sleep, like it normally functions if you do not say anything for a given few seconds of time. You must reactivate it again by the usual "Okay Google".
Therefore, currently this module is useless. But, Please, you seem so close that you should be able to find a fix on this. (And NO, S for Switch Voice or Open Mic+ DO NOT work.) There are currently no other options to try. So you are the closest to have this function perform correctly. Please investigate and repair the problem. It's very much appreciated!!!
Using Galaxy Note 3 AT&T "Model SM-N900A" with OS 4.3 Thank you again, will continue to look at the xposed modules for an update for you very needed program.

Zheen

Apr 27, 2014
As Sulaymaniyah
Hey guys I have a GT-I9505 Galaxy S4 and when I open S voice I can't find the always listening feature, can anyone help me out? Does the S4 even have this feature or is it only on the Note devices?

samerjak

Jan 4, 2013
Vista
Works Great

Great job man! It works flawlessly on my ATT Note 3 running 4.4.3. Its faster than the s switch voice app. Thanks!

Samuel Sung

Jun 16, 2011
Hey guys I have a GT-I9505 Galaxy S4 and when I open S voice I can't find the always listening feature, can anyone help me out? Does the S4 even have this feature or is it only on the Note devices?

As far as I know the note 3 was the first mobile of Samsung with this feature.. Sorry...

Gesendet von meinem SM-N9005 mit Tapatalk

fullklip211

May 13, 2009
t mobile galaxy s5

Nice try but it doesn't work. You said it will work on any screen but it doesn't that sucks hope you can fix it

junaid1397

Mar 14, 2011
Thanks, works great with Note 3, sm-9005 4.4.2.

The only issue I have is that now the voice commands for the camera have stopped working (shoot, capture..)
Anybody encountered this issue? Solutions? TNX!

xof9999

Feb 9, 2011
Metz
Works fine for me as well, thanks!!
(Rooted Note 3, TW GNG1, AELKernel-v7.8)

Last edited:

3kgt

Jan 8, 2010
Thanks, works great with Note 3, sm-9005 4.4.2.

The only issue I have is that now the voice commands for the camera have stopped working (shoot, capture..)
Anybody encountered this issue? Solutions? TNX!
Well its not the dev fault. Its cause now google voice is on always listen. So its normal althaw it sucks if u ask me... [emoji19]

CAP3r5

Jul 19, 2012
Can't get it to work on the Note 5 but I don't think I ever had S-voice listening working properly either... Anyone else having better luck?

godrick15

Oct 27, 2013
Can you get this to work with the screen on? I hate when someone next to me says OK Google, and my phone reads it. I want to make it so only Hi Galaxy works

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    [XPosed Mod] HiGoogle - "Hi Galaxy" phrase opens Google Now instead of S-Voice

I present to you: my first ever XPosed Mod HiGoogle!

It's really my first original android app. The first one I didn't follow some sort of tutorial to make anyways. It opens Google Now natively when you say "Hi Galaxy" instead of the crappy S-Voice app. It took me forever to get this done, but in the end I learned a ton about how both Android and XPosed work. :good: So w00t for me, :good: chalk that one up as a personal accomplishment.

Anyways, it still needs S-Voice to run. S-Voice is what controls the always listening feature of the phone. in the future I plan on changing that, and perhaps changing the trigger phrase as well (fingers crossed!) So while we can't get rid of S-Voice yet, this removes the need to use a middle-man app like tasker to open it, which in the end, makes things a hair faster (and $6 cheaper.) I think we can all agree that faster is better.

So while it's not the perfect solution yet, it's a move in the right direction and hopefully more will come of it.

This has only been tested on 2 Notes so far, a T-Mo and a VZW, but it should work on any Samsung with 'Hi Galaxy" always listening support. I'm personally on version 11.2.2.0 of S-Voice but I'm not sure if that matters. Report any issues or and I will try to deal with them as fast as I can.

It's not my fault if you break stuff.

:good: <------ Hit my donate button and buy me a bud if you like it!:good:

Here's the sauce: https://github.com/Bots/HiGoogle

Oh and thanks to user runnirr for helping me ;)
    oh so sad so so sad...:( i thougth you are a magician and managed to change the Voice recognition phrase...The developer Skilllevel for that is like getting knox from 0x1 to 0x0....from what i've heard

There are already apps for your purposes. I use S for Switch Voice

But thank you very much for your developing and sharing. :good:

Instead you maybe could try to get the "OK Google" command working for German and every other language. Because when google fails with recognition you have to grab your phone and tap on the mic button or wait until the screen shuts down. It is only possible when Google now language is english. This is something which really annoyes...

cheers

I plan on working on this in the future. I got a pretty good idea of how that app works after rummaging through it trying to hook a method :good:
    How is this any better than one of those apps that does the same thing?

As of now, overhead.

This mod will rid you of one extra service running on your phone compared to those other apps. If all you want is Google Now instead of S-Voice then this is probably the better solution. If you want a bunch more options, use one of those other apps. I have more plans for the future but I was super excited to release my first contribution to the community :victory:
    About to try this out!!! ?

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using Tapatalk

Cool let me know if you have any issues.
    Download "Secure Google Voice Search" module.

Sent from my SM-N900P using XDA Premium 4 mobile app