[SYSTEM][Themers] Themers please read! - VillainTheme Theme System

Search This thread

Lennyuk

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jan 26, 2010
Suffolk, England
Attention themers, I would like to (re)draw your attentions to the VillainTheme system that launched earlier this year.

Full information can be found here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1207017

Basically this is a theme system where you make your theme following the above guidelines and update.zip method and then your theme can theoretically be applied on any phone and on any rom.

This should save you a heck of a lot of time in making different versions for different things, and also means that your theme can be used by a far wider range of people.

Please give a lot of consideration to using this.

When it first launched it had quite an impact, but however since then it seems to have been somewhat forgotten, and new themers have missed it altogether.

Last edited:

ZeuBug

Aug 31, 2007
Nantes
Yes I was aware you used it, may I suggest you change your thread name to [VRT] rather than just putting VRT in the general name?

This post was more to let other people know, as far as I can see you are the only person to use this system on their s3 themes.

I will be the second! ;)

danarama

Aug 22, 2010
Oxenhope, West Yorkshire, UK
I first realised this existed when I came to the SGS3. This is something that had been missing from the HTC desire world. I don't think anyone there knows about this.

IMHO this is a game changer! Great stuff.

If/when I theme, I will definitely use this.

Reactions: Lennyuk

ratcom

Mar 1, 2005
Nottingham, England
used it myself when I've "converted" other peoples themes to run on my phone ;) Brilliant and simple system which I never understood why more themers havent used :confused:

myn

Retired Senior Recognized Developer
Nov 15, 2007
The VillanTheme system is pretty neat. Always liked metamorph and this is similar but at the flashable level.

Does the VillanTheme system back up original assets? The reason I ask is if a user flashes a villantheme that applies changes to 10 image assets. The user then flashes another villantheme that only applies changes to 5 of the 10 images that were just changed. Is the user then faced with a mix of two themes as the second theme didn't touch the other assets from the first theme?

Thanks.

Trevy81

Oct 30, 2011
VENICE
I have problems with the latest version.
gs3 32 gb and I do not use external_SD.
no sd no flash theme ...
thanks

io ho problemi con l'ultima versione.
ho gs3 32 gb e non uso la external_SD.
senza sd non flash del tema...
grazie

AndroidGraphix

Apr 4, 2011
Paradise Valley, AZ
Attention themers, I would like to (re)draw your attentions to the VillainTheme system that launched earlier this year.

Full information can be found here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1207017

Basically this is a theme system where you make your theme following the above guidelines and update.zip method and then your theme can theoretically be applied on any phone and on any rom.

This should save you a heck of a lot of time in making different versions for different things, and also means that your theme can be used by a far wider range of people.

When it first launched it had quite an impact, but however since then it seems to have been somewhat forgotten, and new themers have missed it altogether.

Heck ya. Great concept. I'll by trying this out for sure. I can't stand updating on EVERY ROM BUILD.

MattBooth

Jan 4, 2011
Bradford
mattbooth.dev
I've been looking for a resolution for a while now and I am still no nearer to sorting out my problem with VRT :(

I'm using VillianROM 1.1.0 LFB and CWM Touch 6.0.1.0. I do exactly this:

Copy zip from PC to phone storage (not external SD card)

Reboot into Recovery.

Clear Cache partition

Clear Dalvik cache

Flash zip from internal SD

Everything is reported as being successful.

Reboot... nothing changes. This is with Vertumus VRT Jelly Bean Domination (which others report as working fine).

The strange thing is, I already have JB Domination flashed on this exact ROM, yet when I tried a clean install (cleared System, data, cache adn preload, etc, in CWM) and installed VillainROM from CWM, booted, set up, rebooted to recovery and flashed JB Domination, it doesn't work.

So, I have a Nandroid backup where it has worked, but now doing a fresh install it doesn't work. And also, on my Nandroid backup (which I use now daily) it doesn't work at all.

No VRT theme will flash to my phone

EDIT:

I've also tried mounting /system and /data before flashing.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

are you sure? how come flashing Vertumus JB DOMINATION v1.3.1 theme on CWM 6.0.1.2 on the Galaxy S3 doesn't apply anything after flashing it and it only takes 3 seconds to say its complete.

Yeah, flashed a bunch of raubkatze´s themes. You can find his thread in Int. Themes and Apps Section :laugh:
    Could you pls add this: http://teamw.in/VRThemes (I know it is more or less present at the already linked thread, but no one seems to care, maybe this way it gets more attention) to your initial post, it's a pain that we are forced to use a Cwm based recovery just because most themers use the dynamic linked binary.
    Especially because there are no real drawbacks by using this binary except of a 50kb bigger package size (still works like a charm on Cwm based recoveries, but on Twrp as well).

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9300 mit Tapatalk 2
    I first realised this existed when I came to the SGS3. This is something that had been missing from the HTC desire world. I don't think anyone there knows about this.

IMHO this is a game changer! Great stuff.

If/when I theme, I will definitely use this.
    I have always been wondering what makes different country phones not function the same for different rom. I mean they are the same phone but different model numbers. Is it a language thing?

Yes I was aware you used it, may I suggest you change your thread name to [VRT] rather than just putting VRT in the general name?

This post was more to let other people know, as far as I can see you are the only person to use this system on their s3 themes.