[Q] wanamlite freezing after update

Search This thread

chandnit

Aug 1, 2013
MUMBAI
Hi, I recently updated my phone (i9300) from custom ROM wanamlite 6.8 to 7.3, and also updated the kernel to Adam 3.0, and now im facing some problems

1) It takes 4-5 seconds for the screen to wake up after pressing unlock.

2) every time I play music, the phone becomes very sluggish and the music skips so much to the point that I can't recognize which song is playing.

I really love this ROM and would love to continue using this version, but I need to gets these things fixed. Pls help!

Jumaqidi

Dec 3, 2013
Hi, I recently updated my phone (i9300) from custom ROM wanamlite 6.8 to 7.3, and also updated the kernel to Adam 3.0, and now im facing some problems

2) every time I play music, the phone becomes very sluggish and the music skips so much to the point that I can't recognize which song is playing.

I really love this ROM and would love to continue using this version, but I need to gets these things fixed. Pls help!

Ask in the rom thread.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using xda app-developers app

tallman43

Aug 29, 2011
The Land of Android
Well it seems im too much of a noob to post anything in the ROM thread.
The rules say I must post it in the q&a thread. So here I am

:D

Did you do a clean install? I know you upgraded but one of the first things to do if you start having problems after a flash is do a clean install :)

chandnit

Aug 1, 2013
MUMBAI
:D

Did you do a clean install? I know you upgraded but one of the first things to do if you start having problems after a flash is do a clean install :)

Yes I wiped all data (after a backup) wipe cache, dalvik cache.
I finally got frustrated n reflashed the ROM ( without wiping data) but not the kernel. The rom has stock kernel. I think there is an improvement. Will post the outcome.

Thanks for replying :cyclops:

chandnit

Aug 1, 2013
MUMBAI
I've been using the phone on stock kernel for 2 days now. There is definitely an improvement. The phone isn't freezing at all. The music might skip once maybe in half an hour ( I can live with that ). If anyone is facing the same problem I suggest you switch to stock kernel. Oh and the battery life rocks.