Is there a way to use my home internet in my phone so that i can use when im away

Search This thread
Nov 17, 2013
Is there a way to use my home internet to my phone when im away from home. I know its kinda impossible but just curious to know if anyone found a way to do that.

M_E_G_A_T_R_O_N

Jan 25, 2014
Delhi
xpertswiki.com
If you have wifi then you can use it withn some meters like 100m but that too depends on your wifi range. But if you are thinking something like using home's wifi from any place dat is too far then it is impossible

JayR_L

Jan 3, 2014
Moncton
Is there a way to use my home internet to my phone when im away from home. I know its kinda impossible but just curious to know if anyone found a way to do that.
You mean so that you're not using mobile data at all?

This will always be impossible; unless of course you could extend WiFi range to miles and beyond. This is also not likely to happen, consumer devices such as routers and access points have strict limits on broadcast power. Any more than that, and you need to have a license. Also, considering the fact that the WiFi band is already congested at low power levels (we're talking about milliwatts), I don't think your neighbours would appreciate having a several kilowatt radio transmitter blocking their wireless signal.

Needless to say, your phone would also need a huge transmitter in order for two-way communication with the base station to work. This is not going to happen on battery power.

Now, if you're trying to access your home internet connection, you can use a Virtual Private Network or SSH tunnelling. But there's no way you're going to avoid having to use mobile data.

Reactions: TriggerManCole
Nov 17, 2013

This will always be impossible; unless of course you could extend WiFi range to miles and beyond. This is also not likely to happen, consumer devices such as routers and access points have strict limits on broadcast power. Any more than that, and you need to have a license. Also, considering the fact that the WiFi band is already congested at low power levels (we're talking about milliwatts), I don't think your neighbours would appreciate having a several kilowatt radio transmitter blocking their wireless signal.

Needless to say, your phone would also need a huge transmitter in order for two-way communication with the base station to work. This is not going to happen on battery power.

Now, if you're trying to access your home internet connection, you can use a Virtual Private Network or SSH tunnelling. But there's no way you're going to avoid having to use mobile data.

Can I use my mobile data but increase my speed which is similar to my home internet connection?

Reactions: TriggerManCole

JayR_L

Jan 3, 2014
Moncton
Can I use my mobile data but increase my speed which is similar to my home internet connection?
Google Chrome for Android has a feature called "Reduce Data Usage" which uses Google's servers to compress data and thus reduce loading times and data usage.

You can find this feature by going to Chrome settings -> Bandwidth Management -> "Reduce Data Usage"

For me, it reduced data usage by 32%. As the amount of data transferred is proportional to wait times, less data = faster.

Nov 17, 2013
Google Chrome for Android has a feature called "Reduce Data Usage" which uses Google's servers to compress data and thus reduce loading times and data usage.

You can find this feature by going to Chrome settings -> Bandwidth Management -> "Reduce Data Usage"

For me, it reduced data usage by 32%. As the amount of data transferred is proportional to wait times, less data = faster.

I should try this method, thanks but is there a way to speed up my wifi hotspot using my phone data?

JayR_L

Jan 3, 2014
Moncton
I should try this method, thanks but is there a way to speed up my wifi hotspot using my phone data?
No. You can't multiplex/bridge a WiFi connection and mobile data connection easily. And even if you could, it's unlikely that you would notice an increase in speed. I'm afraid the only solution for that is to get a better device or better network.

AlfasMP

Dec 13, 2013
Kerala
www.alfasmp.com

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.