Wesley_NL

Nov 10, 2010
Rotterdam
hello , i have a question, i have an samsung galaxy s3, it is loaded with
googy max kernel 1.7.3
android 4.1.2
basebandver. i9300ceemg2

but recently it acts wierd

the phone de-charge pretty fast, even when connected to charger or usb device it decharge if phone is on,
on full charged battery you see it de-charge pretty fast like 1% every 10-15 mins,,
i can't charge the phone while its on i need to turn it off in order to charge the battery

what i have done sofar is

swap original charger to an other one
changed usb cable
resetted the kernel to stock

but none helped sofar,
could this be that the battery is broken? or that there is an process that takes alot power im not aware off? or is charging firmware related that the firmware encountered a bug ?

tallman43

Aug 29, 2011
The Land of Android
hello , i have a question, i have an samsung galaxy s3, it is loaded with
googy max kernel 1.7.3
android 4.1.2
basebandver. i9300ceemg2

but recently it acts wierd

the phone de-charge pretty fast, even when connected to charger or usb device it decharge if phone is on,
on full charged battery you see it de-charge pretty fast like 1% every 10-15 mins,,
i can't charge the phone while its on i need to turn it off in order to charge the battery

what i have done sofar is

swap original charger to an other one
changed usb cable
resetted the kernel to stock

but none helped sofar,
could this be that the battery is broken? or that there is an process that takes alot power im not aware off? or is charging firmware related that the firmware encountered a bug ?

Could be a number of things causing your problem...I would suggest making sure you are on stock rom and kernel and install one of these apps >> https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.asksven.betterbatterystats << PAID or >> https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.gsamlabs.bbm << FREE. You can monitor your phone to see if any app is draining your battery ( would give it at least 24hrs to test) then if it is a app you can uninstall or delete that app.

It sounds like to me it could be battery or hardware problem especially with you returning to stock and also discharging while plugged in..:)

Wesley_NL

Nov 10, 2010
Rotterdam
Could be a number of things causing your problem...I would suggest making sure you are on stock rom and kernel and install one of these apps >> https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.asksven.betterbatterystats << PAID or >> https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.gsamlabs.bbm << FREE. You can monitor your phone to see if any app is draining your battery ( would give it at least 24hrs to test) then if it is a app you can uninstall or delete that app.

It sounds like to me it could be battery or hardware problem especially with you returning to stock and also discharging while plugged in..:)

i resetted settings of the kernel , i never said i returned my phone to stock

tallman43

Aug 29, 2011
The Land of Android
would it help if i reset factory defaults instead reflashing ? or wipe cache or davik cache w/e its called.

Give it a try it nothing to lose and (don't forget to backup your data) use a battery stats software after you have reset.If the problem is still there and its not any apps that are causing you problems flash to stock to be 100% sure it's not software....

Wesley_NL

Nov 10, 2010
Rotterdam
Give it a try it nothing to lose and (don't forget to backup your data) use a battery stats software after you have reset.If the problem is still there and its not any apps that are causing you problems flash to stock to be 100% sure it's not software....

so i reboot into recovery mode of cwm , but should i wipe cache or just data ?
lols, full charged, and still connected to usb and battery drained 10% already eventhough its wierd, i mean my usb ca n handle it , normaly when its full charged i can play games and battery don't de-charge, and now its idle and it de-charge in a fast rate, but yeah if it are apps then phone should be hot but it totaly isnt

Last edited:

tallman43

Aug 29, 2011
The Land of Android
so i reboot into recovery mode of cwm , but should i wipe cache or just data ?
lols, full charged, and still connected to usb and battery drained 10% already eventhough its wierd, i mean my usb ca n handle it , normaly when its full charged i can play games and battery don't de-charge, and now its idle and it de-charge in a fast rate, but yeah if it are apps then phone should be hot but it totaly isnt

Wipe both (backup contacts and data first) but if it is draining that fast most likely hardware or battery (suggest new battery first)

Wesley_NL

Nov 10, 2010
Rotterdam
Wipe both (backup contacts and data first) but if it is draining that fast most likely hardware or battery (suggest new battery first)

thats what i doubt bcuz, my usb somehow cant keep up, if battery fully charged it suppose to ru of usb poer only right ? atleast thats how i always aw it bcuz if bat is full i get a 2nd icon and it stays there when batt is full ad dont get used probaly, but if i wipe both, i lose the custom kerne googy max also right ?