Bootloader check!!!

Search This thread

flinttownbrown

Apr 30, 2013
I think the standard way is to take a dump of the bootloader and disassemble it using an ARM disassembler.

Then, examine the assembly code for a signature checking function, and if present, check the callers/return value to see if the signature is verified to allow booting upon a mismatch.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using XDA Premium HD app

Reactions: john0699

Tikerz

Nov 5, 2005
Mesa, AZ
I think the standard way is to take a dump of the bootloader and disassemble it using an ARM disassembler.

Then, examine the assembly code for a signature checking function, and if present, check the callers/return value to see if the signature is verified to allow booting upon a mismatch.

Piece of cake!

Reactions: flinttownbrown

jaythenut

Sep 6, 2012

just done it now how the .... do i put it back together lol

seboj

Jan 21, 2010
Atlanta
Hello, can someone tell me please, how i can check if my bootloader is locked or unlocked?!?

Gesendet von meinem LG-D855 mit Tapatalk

If you bought your phone from T-Mobile, the bootloader is unlocked. If you bought your phone elsewhere, your bootloader is locked.

Based on your signature, I'm assuming you bought a D855. Here's the bounty thread (temporarily locked) for unlocking its bootloader.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Piece of cake!