Galaxy Camera Hidden menus

Search This thread

AdamOutler

Retired Senior Recognized Developer
Feb 18, 2011
Miami, Fl̨̞̲̟̦̀̈̃͛҃҅͟orida
Hey guys,

I spent all night trying to reenable USB on my device. Rebellos and I have been designing bootloaders and screwing with settings which are not normally accessed. So somehow I put my device into MODEM mode so it would try to connect to the computer as a data device instead of a camera/phone. I was seriously thinking my device was borked because I've been working inside it... and while it's a Samsung, it's not totally bulletproof.... So, to make matters worse, some asshole posted an invalid hidden code all over the internet to access factory mode on the Galaxy Camera.

Here's how you access factory mode and change your device between a normal camera and modem. Every other guide on the internet is wrong.

1. Install Nova Launcher from the market
2. hold on the launcher screen until a menu pops up.
3. select shortcuts
4. select Activities
5. select Factory Mode
6. Select Factory Mode FactoryCTRL
7. launch the Factory Mode shortcut you just created
8. use this thread http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1894102 to locate codes for your device.

I fixed my device with the *#7284# -- Phone Utility (USB Settings) code. Both should be set to PDA.

This technique should work for EVERY device. The codes will vary, but you should be able to access factory modes.

Last edited:

ijof9

Dec 25, 2012
I don't see the thanks button.

But anyway, any luck on getting the device to make / receive calls / texts? Or print money at least?

Thank you.

Reactions: Androssama

Razorwindmo46

Jan 14, 2011
Liberty
Hey guys,

I spent all night trying to reenable USB on my device. Rebellos and I have been designing bootloaders and screwing with settings which are not normally accessed. So somehow I put my device into MODEM mode so it would try to connect to the computer as a data device instead of a camera/phone. I was seriously thinking my device was borked because I've been working inside it... and while it's a Samsung, it's not totally bulletproof.... So, to make matters worse, some asshole posted an invalid hidden code all over the internet to access factory mode on the Galaxy Camera.

Here's how you access factory mode and change your device between a normal camera and modem. Every other guide on the internet is wrong.

3. select shortcuts
4. select Activities
5. select Factory Mode
8. use this thread http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1894102 to locate codes for your device.

I fixed my device with the *#7284# -- Phone Utility (USB Settings) code. Both should be set to PDA.

This technique should work for EVERY device. The codes will vary, but you should be able to access factory modes.

So why or what is the reason for factory mode? In other words, what do we gain by doing this?

Vintage144

Jan 1, 1970
what purpose ?

"I fixed my device with the *#7284# -- Phone Utility (USB Settings) code. Both should be set to PDA. "

Sounds feasable to me to at least have the option available

davidleetong

Mar 28, 2013
Thank you.... still can't see a USB mode though

Hi,

New member here and I want to thank you for the link for the code and the tip on using Nova to unlock more stuff from the SGC.

I did what you instructed above but saw that my device already had PDA chosen by default and I still can't see the USB Utilities on my Settings window, nor can I move apps from device to SD.

My SGC only has a few apps installed beyond the factory installed ones. Probably 5 utility and browser apps and about 10 games (kiddie ones like Angry Birds, Cut the Rope, Minecraft) etc. and it's already running out of device storage space.

Is it possible to have the enable USB mode? Thanks

E:V:A

Inactive Recognized Developer
Dec 6, 2011
-∇ϕ
If the connected Camera is listed as being in MODEM mode, you should also be able to connect to it via terminal and using AT commands to set factory mode and available windows "ports". (MODEM, PHONE/PDA, etc.) These AT commands are (modem firmware) device dependent... So unless someone tell me the BP/CP chip used in this device (or send me the modem.bin), I can't tell you which AT commands to use.

=================== update ===================

I've found that they use the XMM 6260 as detailed in the THIS post. So If you're very brave in experimenting with these connections, you may want to look into this command:

Code:
AT+XSIO  -- Configuration trace and modem (AT) interfaces

[ ONLY do this if you are not afraid of loosing PC connection to Camera! ]

Last edited:
Reactions: aviallon

Incanity

Apr 17, 2008
IJmuiden
sorry to revive an old thread, but it seems my GC keeps going back to MODEM mode after a second soft reset. Is there any way to fix this?

thanks in advance,

tondoktor

Oct 8, 2013
I get a Galaxy NX for 310€ i think for this Price i can try it, when i dont like it's a nice Present for my Girlfriend.... First i try i think nice Android Device nice Display but not a comparison to my Canon 5D in the Night i install some Apps like Cinema FV-5....guys i now nobody intrested in this Device but it's realy Outstanding as a Videographer this is the best ****ing DSLR ive ever seen buying expensive Wireless Microphones? no more i use Bluetooth Video Recording with very high Bitrates ...byebye external Atomos Recorder! Have anyone here an Idea to get Android 5 or a Way to install a modified Camera App that can Record Raw Video or how i can recognize a HD for external Recording or a soundcard over the USB Jack? I dont found anything about this ****ing Dream Thing :((((

Thanks !

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey guys,

3. select shortcuts
    4. select Activities
    5. select Factory Mode

This is very useful information!
    I don't see the thanks button.

But anyway, any luck on getting the device to make / receive calls / texts? Or print money at least?

Thank you.
    My SGC only has a few apps installed beyond the factory installed ones. Probably 5 utility and browser apps and about 10 games (kiddie ones like Angry Birds, Cut the Rope, Minecraft) etc. and it's already running out of device storage space.

Is it possible to have the enable USB mode? Thanks

use GL to SD ;)
    If the connected Camera is listed as being in MODEM mode, you should also be able to connect to it via terminal and using AT commands to set factory mode and available windows "ports". (MODEM, PHONE/PDA, etc.) These AT commands are (modem firmware) device dependent... So unless someone tell me the BP/CP chip used in this device (or send me the modem.bin), I can't tell you which AT commands to use.

=================== update ===================

I've found that they use the XMM 6260 as detailed in the THIS post. So If you're very brave in experimenting with these connections, you may want to look into this command:

Code:
    AT+XSIO  -- Configuration trace and modem (AT) interfaces

[ ONLY do this if you are not afraid of loosing PC connection to Camera! ]