[NOOBS Guide] HTC ONE SUPERCID method via fastboot(No script or editing required)

Search This thread

xl VipeR lx

Sep 17, 2007
UK
WRITE SUPER CID-
(allows you to flash ANY ROM to the device regardless of the carrier. Just click RUU.EXE)

ONLY download ADB tools if you do not already have it!

1. Download adb tools here: download for WINDOWS or download for LINUX or from the attachments below
2. On your pc click on your local disk C: Drive (or D: drive for some) (WINDOWS users: Start > My computer > Local Disk (C:))
3. Create a new folder called "adb" and extract the files from adb.zip into it. Make sure it doesn't create another folder in the adb folder when extracting

attachment.php

4. open command prompt (or terminal for linux) and type "cd" "followed by the path to your adb folder" (windows users can type "cd C:\adb")
5. Ensure your phone is switched on (regular home screen) and connect it by USB in charging mode (Ensure usb debugging is on settings)
6. enter the command "adb devices". This is to confirm your phone is connected. (It should come back with list of devices attached and your serial number)
7. enter the command "adb reboot-bootloader". (nothing further required device WILL reboot in bootloader)

IF it doesn't you can Manually put the phone in the bootloader/hboot mode
Navigate to fastboot by pressing volume down and pressing power button to select (power off > vol down + power on)
It will take you to the fastboot bootloader screen on your phone
Connect your phone via USB
Your Screen should now read fastboot USB

8. Enter the command "fastboot oem readcid". Make a note of your original CID.
9.enter the command "fastboot oem writecid 11111111"
10. enter the command "fastboot read cid" [it should confirm your CID is 11111111]
11. Press the volume down button twice on your phone and navigate to reboot bootloader, then hit power button to reboot the bootloader.
12. Bootloader will also say "CID-11111111" now to confirm :) You can now flash any ROM you like.

TO REVERT BACK TO ORIGINAL CID

i wrote on step 8 make a note of your original CID

follow all the steps above and then in place of step 9 enter the command "fastboot write cid YOURCID" where YOURCID is the CID you made a note of

so for me this would be "fastboot writecid O2___001"

Attachments

• supercid.jpg
    supercid.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 316,244
Last edited:

kurby

Jun 2, 2012
Just a suggestion, instead of manually going to the folder in the cmd on windows, you can just hold shift + right click on the open folder, you'll then have an option "open command prompt in this folder"(don't remember the exact wording) this will open the cmd with the path of the folder already.

Sent from my HTC One using xda app-developers app

ksarius

Dec 13, 2012
I havê international version. Só now i can flash viper ROM from sprint? Niceeee thxxx

With s-off am I also able to flash any ROM?

TheHeffNerr

Nov 25, 2008
Edmonds
Thanks for including the link for adb, can never have that linked enough it seems.

COCODRILO45

WRITE SUPER CID-
(allows you to flash ANY ROM to the device regardless of the carrier. Just click RUU.EXE)

1. Download adb tools here: download for WINDOWS or download for LINUX or from the attachments below
2. On your pc click on your local disk C: Drive (or D: drive for some) (WINDOWS users: Start > My computer > Local Disk (C:))
3. Create a new folder called "adb" and extract the files from adb.zip into it. Make sure it doesn't create another folder in the adb folder when extracting

attachment.php

4. open command prompt (or terminal for linux) and type "cd" "followed by the path to your adb folder" (windows users can type "cd C:\adb")
5. Ensure your phone is switched on (regular home screen) and connect it by USB in charging mode (Ensure usb debugging is on settings)
6. enter the command "adb devices". This is to confirm your phone is connected. (It should come back with list of devices attached and your serial number)
7. enter the command "adb reboot-bootloader". (nothing further required device WILL reboot in bootloader)

Navigate to fastboot by pressing volume down and pressing power button to select (power off > vol down + power on)

10. enter the command "fastboot read cid" [it should confirm your CID is 11111111]
11. Press the volume down button twice on your phone and navigate to reboot bootloader, then hit power button to reboot the bootloader.
12. Bootloader will also say "CID-11111111" now to confirm :) You can now flash any ROM you like.

follow all the steps above and then in place of step 9 enter the command "fastboot write cid YOURCID" where YOURCID is the CID you made a note of

so for me this would be "fastboot writecid O2___001"[/QUOT

awesome guide thanks i finally got s-off and super cid on my htc one t-mobile version but got a noob question what roms are safe to flash i already flash roms from international htc one what otheir roms will be safe to flash whit super cid ? at&t ? thanks again !

nugzo

Apr 20, 2010
Fayetteville, NC.
www.capefearcomputer.com
I havê international version. Só now i can flash viper ROM from sprint? Niceeee thxxx

With s-off am I also able to flash any ROM?

No you cant flash viper rom. Partitions are different. Viper would have to include us in their rom and They dont seem to inclined to do that.

@op There are some things you can change here.. The command is fastboot oem writecid, you left out the "oem" part in some of your instructions, near the end. Could be confusing to some noobs when they type fastboot writecid or fastboot readcid and dont get anything.
Also your title says this allows you to flash any rom from any carrier, This is in fact not true. You cant install anything sprint to our phones. No roms, no ruus. This is only good for installing different ruus from compatible carriers, no bearing on custom roms. supercid not needed for custom roms. Other than that great stuff. I'm glad you didnt include hex editing here. Definitely not needed! :highfive:

Last edited:
Reactions: Splitshot

nugzo

Apr 20, 2010
Fayetteville, NC.
www.capefearcomputer.com
Do you receive otas if you have supercid or would HTC__001 be better to receive otas more quickly?

You cant get any OTA's with supercid. OTA's are finicky. For an OTA you must have stock recovery, the correct CID, the correct MID and all stock apps need to be installed. OTA's do a thorough check of your existing system to make sure you qualify for the OTA. If a RUU is available for same update, it doesn't require all the safeguards... Supercid would work fine for an RUU.

deadman3000

May 27, 2006
You cant get any OTA's with supercid. OTA's are finicky. For an OTA you must have stock recovery, the correct CID, the correct MID and all stock apps need to be installed. OTA's do a thorough check of your existing system to make sure you qualify for the OTA. If a RUU is available for same update, it doesn't require all the safeguards... Supercid would work fine for an RUU.

Is there a 4.2.2 RUU I can use for a UK HTC__001? Sorry if this is answered elsewhere.

Last edited:

lg31376

Oct 25, 2012
Wont write CID 11111111!

Tried writing CID and this is what happened... Thanks for any help.

C:\ANDROID>fastboot oem writecid 11111111
(bootloader) jet_init_sd, SD card already power on
(bootloader) sdhw_7xxx_open: id=0
(bootloader) sdcc_init_memory_device done
(bootloader) SD clock freq = 19MHz....
(bootloader) [FAT_ERROR] fat_open_file: can not find SMART_IO.CRD
(bootloader) [JAVACARD_ERR] SMART_IO.CRD cann't find
OKAY [ 0.156s]
finished. total time: 0.156s

When I read CID it still the phones original one.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    WRITE SUPER CID-

attachment.php

so for me this would be "fastboot writecid O2___001"
    Just a suggestion, instead of manually going to the folder in the cmd on windows, you can just hold shift + right click on the open folder, you'll then have an option "open command prompt in this folder"(don't remember the exact wording) this will open the cmd with the path of the folder already.

Do you receive otas if you have supercid or would HTC__001 be better to receive otas more quickly?

Great guide!! Thanks.

Out of curiosity how can one revert back to T-Mobile cid?

Just write back your T mobile CID Fastboot oem writecid TMO__001 or whatever it would be, i dont know but the one you would make a note of
    Great guide for the mass of NOOBS , like me! Thank you for putting this together!

sent from my unrooted, uneventful, completely stock. BLACK, STEALTH HTC ONE using Tapatalk HD Beta 4.