Need help porting CM to Note 3. Need more developers.

Search This thread

otisman

May 12, 2012
Can't wait! This phone going to be a beast 120mb rom and a gapps not a 1.4 gb bloat boat! But too each they own the best part about xda run what you want lol

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

nighthawk626

Jan 30, 2010
Google Pixel 6 Pro
In light of all this cm talk, let's not forget to be thankful to all those devs that helped make touchwiz ROMs so much better than stock. If it wasn't for them, I'm sure not many people would've kept this phone for long. I too am waiting for cm but seriously the guys that made the modded touchwiz ROMs deserve a lot of recognition

Sent from my SM-N900V using xda app-developers app

Reactions: Gumat0 and klhjerz

otisman

May 12, 2012
Oh automatic ain't that the truth!

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

devoureddreams

Sep 18, 2011
I've never flashed a sprint ROM but I've been running a Verizon ROM on my tmo note 3 and not a single problem so who knows with a sprint ROM

Sent from my SM-N900V using xda app-developers app

I think the problem will be the kernel. Can't boot cm with a touchwiz kernel and I wouldnt insist on using a sprint kernel on our devices. We will have to at least wait for a CM based kernel so basically we have to wait a Lil bit after them regardless.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 3 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

mircury

Jul 18, 2007
Louisville
I think the problem will be the kernel. Can't boot cm with a touchwiz kernel and I wouldnt insist on using a sprint kernel on our devices. We will have to at least wait for a CM based kernel so basically we have to wait a Lil bit after them regardless.

There is a common cm kernel between the snapdragon note 3 variants and the source was posted this morning to github.

datajosh

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Nov 13, 2009
Greenville, SC
There is a common cm kernel between the snapdragon note 3 variants and the source was posted this morning to github.
Yep, kernel should be common with your device differences in the device tree which are up on Github for Sprint and T-Mo. I'm not sure that it fully compiles in the current available state but it shouldn't be long before both variants start getting nightlies.

mircury

Jul 18, 2007
Louisville
So your saying the sprint cm kernel will work on our devices?

We won't be using a "sprint" cm kernel because the way the repositories are setup the kernel is common. The Tmo and sprint versions use the same cpu. The kernel tree is android_kernel_samsung_hlte. This refers to any note 3 snapdragon device.

Edit: Got the kernel tree name wrong. Fixed.

Last edited:
Reactions: devoureddreams

devoureddreams

Sep 18, 2011
We won't be using a "sprint" cm kernel because the way the repositories are setup the kernel is common. The Tmo and sprint versions use the same cpu. The kernel tree is hltexx where the xx refers to any note 3 snapdragon device.

OK gotcha thanks for the correction, makes sence now. :thumbup:

jdidtht

Sep 23, 2012
minneapolis
Noobnl just took care of the last files no less than one hour ago and they are up on the muppets repo. So Deadman is building liquid as we speak over in sprint forums.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Reactions: decalex

CalcProgrammer1

Oct 8, 2007
Kansas City
Anyone else try building yet? I'm stuck at extracting the proprietary files, many not found. I think it is because I'm using an international ROM. Downloading the latest stock ROM now and will try again using that.

jdidtht

Sep 23, 2012
minneapolis
Anyone else try building yet? I'm stuck at extracting the proprietary files, many not found. I think it is because I'm using an international ROM. Downloading the latest stock ROM now and will try again using that.

Yea Noobnl just pushed the last of the files into muppets no longer than two hours ago. So.. May wanna check it out or maybe you are already past that point

CalcProgrammer1

Oct 8, 2007
Kansas City
I synced recently but I'm using the CM official repos. If there is another repo I need to switch to that may be it.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using xda app-developers app

jdidtht

Sep 23, 2012
minneapolis
I synced recently but I'm using the CM official repos. If there is another repo I need to switch to that may be it.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using xda app-developers app

5edava7u.jpg

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    For now I'm trying with the line:

# Override healthd HAL
    # BOARD_HAL_STATIC_LIBRARIES := libhealthd.qcom

commented out in device/samsung/qcom-common/BoardConfigCommon.mk. This includes a local version of libhealthd which does not appear to be compiling correctly. libhealthd apparently deals with battery monitoring so we'll see where it goes. From what I gather there's a default version if you don't override it.

Edit:

If I get a build that works I'll post it. I would say for anyone who does get a working build to not start a new original dev thread for it though, leave the thread for the official releases. That's just my opinion though.

Edit 2:

Still a few proprietary files missing from the muppets repo apparently - /system/lib/hw/nfc.MSM8974.so was not found. I pulled it from my device manually. We'll see where that goes.

Edit 3:

It goes in vendor/samsung/hltetmo/proprietary/lib/hw/

Edit 4:

Kernel is building! That's progress.

Edit 5:

20 minutes later, still going. Using 4 cores on an AMD A8-3870K processor with make -j4. At mksnapshot.arm stage.

Edit 6:

Man this is taking a long time! It's still going though. I'm away from home remoted into my home server over VPN so whenever it is done building, if it produces any .zip file, it'll take a while to copy it over the VPN (bridges my house and parents' house) which is over the Internet. Hopefully it's not in the multiple GB range size-wise.

Edit 7:

We're building APKs now.

Edit 8:

Build finished, no errors, but no .zip. System, userdata, recovery img files all there but no zip. I ran make -j4, maybe I need to run brunch instead? Trying that now.

Edit 9:

That makes a .zip! I did read an error though in building the kernel - error was that modules were not enabled and said to enable loadable modules in kernel config. I have no idea why modules would be disabled...that's a big feature of Linux it's missing out on!

Edit 10:

And there we have it! cm-11-20131228-UNOFFICIAL-hltetmo.zip is copying from my remote server to my laptop at a blistering 320KB/sec! Now to poke around in the updater script to make sure it isn't going to wipe the wrong partitions and such before I actually flash it which will be after I wake up as it's 3:30AM and I'm tired.

Edit 11:

What the heck, sleep can wait. Zip looks good and it's flash time!
    Ran into a nasty mess:

hardware/qcom/media-caf/mm-video/vidc/vdec/src/omx_vdec.cpp:7275:62: warning: passing NULL to non-pointer argument 1 of 'bool omx_vdec::post_event(unsigned int, unsigned int, unsigned int)' [-Wconversion-null]
    hardware/qcom/media-caf/mm-video/vidc/vdec/src/omx_vdec.cpp:7279:63: warning: passing NULL to non-pointer argument 1 of 'bool omx_vdec::post_event(unsigned int, unsigned int, unsigned int)' [-Wconversion-null]
    hardware/qcom/media-caf/mm-video/vidc/vdec/src/omx_vdec.cpp:7289:61: warning: comparison between signed and unsigned integer expressions [-Wsign-compare]
    hardware/qcom/media-caf/mm-video/vidc/vdec/src/omx_vdec.cpp:7334:38: error: 'struct vdec_output_frameinfo' has no member named 'metadata_len'
    hardware/qcom/media-caf/mm-video/vidc/vdec/src/omx_vdec.cpp:7335:38: error: 'struct vdec_output_frameinfo' has no member named 'metadata_offset'
    hardware/qcom/media-caf/mm-video/vidc/vdec/src/omx_vdec.cpp:7338:62: warning: comparison between signed and unsigned integer expressions [-Wsign-compare]
    hardware/qcom/media-caf/mm-video/vidc/vdec/src/omx_vdec.cpp:7340:66: warning: comparison between signed and unsigned integer expressions [-Wsign-compare]
    hardware/qcom/media-caf/mm-video/vidc/vdec/src/omx_vdec.cpp:7351:102: warning: comparison between signed and unsigned integer expressions [-Wsign-compare]
    hardware/qcom/media-caf/mm-video/vidc/vdec/src/omx_vdec.cpp:7352:81: warning: comparison between signed and unsigned integer expressions [-Wsign-compare]
    hardware/qcom/media-caf/mm-video/vidc/vdec/src/omx_vdec.cpp:7381:25: error: 'struct vdec_output_frameinfo' has no member named 'metadata_len'
    hardware/qcom/media-caf/mm-video/vidc/vdec/src/omx_vdec.cpp:7381:71: error: 'struct vdec_output_frameinfo' has no member named 'metadata_len'
    hardware/qcom/media-caf/mm-video/vidc/vdec/src/omx_vdec.cpp:7382:25: error: 'struct vdec_output_frameinfo' has no member named 'metadata_offset'
    hardware/qcom/media-caf/mm-video/vidc/vdec/src/omx_vdec.cpp:7382:74: error: 'struct vdec_output_frameinfo' has no member named 'metadata_offset'

I'm not sure what the problem here is but it's not hlte (unless we're not defining something that switches on those members)...from what I read on another thread it is a side effect from frequently updated code but this was last updated in November. Also git seemed to be on the wrong branch (said it was not on a branch) so I switched it to cm-10.2 branch. If that doesn't work I might have to move up to cm-11.0 branch.

Edit...meh, it was a debug statement. Now it's gone.

Edit: The video decoder thing seems to be a version mismatch between the include headers in the Linux kernel (include/linux/msm_vidc_dec.h) and the qualcomm hardware media-caf repository. I think we will need to merge over the changes from Cyanogen's msm8930 kernel branch. This appears to be the case for a lot of media-caf/audio-caf/display-caf. I'm going to bed, but hey, progress!
    Happy times are ahead of us! Several patches over at the review site are going through the works to fix calling and my test build worked! I was able to dial voicemail and enter my password and hear my messages no problem at all!

Uploading build now to mega. Thanks to Hashcode and Shareef for the patches!

http://review.cyanogenmod.org/#/c/56623/
    http://review.cyanogenmod.org/#/c/56626/
    http://review.cyanogenmod.org/#/c/56627/

I'll edit in a mega link when it's up, then I'm off for the night.

Edit: Here it is!

https://mega.co.nz/#!xU1B0aiB!LkGvY38tZAXFOPOZzrYMtzqm8B8Omk6g9jIBM4PiLcM
    My build completed and I copied it to my laptop. I'm out for a bit so I haven't loaded it to my phone yet. I'll test it and upload when I get back.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using xda app-developers app
    Im working on porting CyanogenMod to the T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy Note 3.
    I have the CM source code and I have been experimenting with all sorts of files and reading build and porting guides BUT to no avail.
    Without the proper blobs, I have found this to be an impossible task.
    Looking for a few people who are interested in giving me a hand doing this without the blobs.

^I had to clarify this just so everyone was on the same page.^

You can reach me here on XDA.