[Q] Dolphin browser causes unwanted traffic

Search This thread

blaukraut

May 17, 2011
Dear experts,
Since some weeks, my Dolphin browser app causes a lot of unwanted traffic. Even if all browser tabs are closed, the app causes about 8-12 kb/s traffic (about 50% downstream, 50% upstream). This goes on for some hours per day and can only be stopped if I kill the browser or I set up my firewall to refuse Dolphin the internet connection. As this consumes all of my included data volume, it really annoyes me. I would simply switch to another browser but I like Dolphin very much. Anybody has suggestions, what could be the cause of this traffic?

LG Nexus 5
Android v 4.4.1
Dolphin v 11

Last edited:

xjeternity

Feb 21, 2012
Dear experts,
Since some weeks, my Dolphin browser app causes a lot of unwanted traffic. Even if all browser tabs are closed, the app causes about 8-12 kb/s traffic (about 50% downstream, 50% upstream). This goes on for some hours per day and can only be stopped if I kill the browser or I set up my firewall to refuse Dolphin the internet connection. As this consumes all of my included data volume, it really annoyes me. I would simply switch to another browser but I like Dolphin very much. Anybody has suggestions, what could be the cause of this traffic?

LG Nexus 5
Android v 4.4.1
Dolphin v 11

Did you enable Dolphin Connect? It might cause traffic if you keep syncing bookmarks with other devices.
Have you met this issue with Chrome or other browser?
Maybe you can try to update to V11.2.3 to see if this persist.
And you can also provide detailed information to Dolphin support team.
By the way, you should exit the App if you don't use it.

Reactions: blaukraut

blaukraut

May 17, 2011
Did you enable Dolphin Connect?
Hey, yeah I use dolphin connect since I installed the browser (over 1 year ago), since it is a nice feature. I now deactivted it and it seems that it indeed was the cause for the unwanted traffic. But why then doeas this problem appear just since a couple of weeks? As I said, I use Dolphin Connect ever since.

It might cause traffic if you keep syncing bookmarks with other devices.
I understand, that there is some traffic needed for synchronisation. But not 1 GB a week!!

Problem persists. Only deactivating Dolphin Connect seems to fix it. A pitty - I really liked it.
Also, as my RoboForm addon does not work on the new version, I switched back to 11.0.0.

I already did, but they were not really communicative. I will update them regarding Dolpin Connect.

Why? The next start would take longer and I have no ram shortage on my phone.

Thanks, bro!

Last edited:

blaukraut

May 17, 2011
Is someone happens to have the same problem: I had a long lastin sesson with the Dolphin support and we did not figure out what exactly causes the uwanted traffic. But we finally found a workaround: In the Android settings - Data usage - Dolphin Browser, you can activate the option "Limit background data". Since I activated it, there was no unwanted traffic again.
Cheerz

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Dear experts,

LG Nexus 5
    Android v 4.4.1
    Dolphin v 11

Did you enable Dolphin Connect? It might cause traffic if you keep syncing bookmarks with other devices.
    Have you met this issue with Chrome or other browser?