[INFO] ME301T MemoPad 10 OTG not working in custom rom??

Search This thread

box_alex83

Dec 17, 2010
Hi everyone, I've recently rooted and unlocked my tablet and tried different custom rom (Omnirom 6 BeanStalk which is my current daily driver and I find it increbible).

The only thing I found not working is OTG (Usb host) as it doesn't read any kind of usb drives, mouse, keyboard, etc even if it recognizes a usb device connected.

I even tried third party apps but no luck.

Is it me or there's a problem with OTG? Are there any workaround for this??

Thank you all

peppethustra

Nov 16, 2012
Catanzaro
The only solution for me was to install and use "OTG helper" from Google Play..I'm on Beanstalk too, but the problem was the same on Omni (and I experienced the same solution)

Sent from my LG-P880 - Beanstalk 4.4.2 - Iodak 9.95 kernel - using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

box_alex83

Dec 17, 2010
The only solution for me was to install and use "OTG helper" from Google Play..I'm on Beanstalk too, but the problem was the same on Omni (and I experienced the same solution)

Sent from my LG-P880 - Beanstalk 4.4.2 - Iodak 9.95 kernel - using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

I've tried the same app but it doesn't work for me :(, do you know if there's a custom rom with OTG built in?

Another question, I didn't try but is HDMI output working in custom roms??

Thank you!

peppethustra

Nov 16, 2012
Catanzaro
I've tried the same app but it doesn't work for me :(, do you know if there's a custom rom with OTG built in?

Another question, I didn't try but is HDMI output working in custom roms??

Thank you!

It seems like all kitkat based custom roms have this problem with otg..Anyway, your problem is strange, I'll give to you an example: if you want to allow the tab to see an USB flash drive, have you tried to open a file manager and have you browsed the storage folder, after running otg helper? It should appear a new folder, close to the ones you had before, referred to the USB flash drive..talking about HDMI, I have no problems on my tab, it runs as it should :)

Last edited:

box_alex83

Dec 17, 2010
It seems like all kitkat based custom roms have this problem with otg..Anyway, your problem is strange, I'll give to you an example: if you want to allow the tab to see an USB flash drive, have you tried to open a file manager and have you browsed the storage folder, after running otg helper? It should appear a new folder, close to the ones you had before, referred to the USB flash drive..talking about HDMI, I have no problems on my tab, it runs as it should :)

I installed otg helper, opened ES File Explorer, went to storage but there was only internal storage and external sd, no usb disk like I see on my i9300.

Tried many times but no luck, if I go to Settings --> Memory there's no other drive connected.

As soon as I come back home I want to try again, is this the app you're talking about? https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=net.shajul.usbotg&hl=it

Thanks, I'm going to try also HDMI (just in case...)

Thank you

PS: OTG Helper started correctly when I plug in usb even if it's not recognized!

Last edited:

peppethustra

Nov 16, 2012
Catanzaro
Yes, this is the right app..so, did you run the app, being sure it has been granted with su permissions, and did you used the app to mount the USB storage, opening the file explorer only after that? It's not useful to simply run the app without asking it to mount the drive

box_alex83

Dec 17, 2010
Hi still no love I took a screen to let you know what happen.

uploadfromtaptalk1397245604111.jpg

Everything seems correct to me

Sent from my GT-I9300 using xda app-developers app

peppethustra

Nov 16, 2012
Catanzaro

Hi, excuse me for my late answer, but I have been really busy! :) Here you have some screenshot from my tab:

1) Storage folder before mounting a pendrive with USB otg helper
e8apyjev.jpg

2) USB otg helper log after connecting my pendrive and tapping "mount":
ejumury4.jpg

3) Storage folder after mounting the pendrive:
ujaga7uj.jpg

As you can see, there is a new folder, open it and you should find the pendrive..if not, I really don't understand why it doesn't work.. :(

Inviato dal mio ME301T utilizzando Tapatalk

box_alex83

Dec 17, 2010
Now I see! I was looking for usbDisk under my file explorer but the right name was usbOTGdrive ? and it's there and it's working thank you

Sent from my ME301T using xda app-developers app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Hi, excuse me for my late answer, but I have been really busy! :) Here you have some screenshot from my tab:

1) Storage folder before mounting a pendrive with USB otg helper
    e8apyjev.jpg

2) USB otg helper log after connecting my pendrive and tapping "mount":
    ejumury4.jpg

3) Storage folder after mounting the pendrive:
    ujaga7uj.jpg

As you can see, there is a new folder, open it and you should find the pendrive..if not, I really don't understand why it doesn't work.. :(

Inviato dal mio ME301T utilizzando Tapatalk