Not receiving SMS/MMS on stock messaging app.

Search This thread

soulkyo

May 6, 2012
Lima
Hi, first of all thanks for the help you could bring me. My problem is that since yesterday night I'm not receiving any kind of sms or mms on my stock messaging app. Today I was trying to solve it but with no success. So I installed Go SMS Pro and to my surprise it worked, I started receiving SMS and mms, but still the stock messaging app is not alerting of upcoming sms even though it's receiving them (I think that they share a common folder and that's why if in go SMS pro it works it'll show on stock messaging app, so in theory stock is not receiving but just showing, am I right?).
For now I'm using SMS go pro, but I'd like to know why this happened. I read something about accessing a hidden testing menu (*#*#4636#*#*) to change the smsc but that menu is not available on my phone (any idea why?) tried the code above and tried using those apps that serve as a shortcut. The screen goes dark as it's trying to access the testing menu and returns to home screen, in other apps (like missing shortcuts) it shows as unavailable. I even edited the hiddenmenu file on efs/carrier from OFF to ON and still the testing menu doesn't appear. I'm using my phone right now with mobile data, wifi works well and so do phone calls, no problems at all.

I'd really appreciate any ideas that could help me. My phone is a Samsung Galaxy S3 I9300 running 4.3 firmware, I updated from 4.1.2 a couple of days ago but didn't have any problems, I could receive sms normally. The problem happened suddenly yesterday night.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

spiderman07

Dec 13, 2012
there is an option in Messaging app...Auto Retrieve - check if enabled....
if other app work with no problem it's just an app related problem..not something else...check in app setting maybe something is not enabled...

a factory reset would make it work for sure....but is too much...

Reactions: soulkyo

soulkyo

May 6, 2012
Lima
if other app work with no problem it's just an app related problem..not something else...check in app setting maybe something is not enabled...

Thanks for the answer. Yeah, I don't want to factory reset since I've just did it to upgrade to 4.3. About the app settings, I've just tried all the possible combinations. I'm just using GO SMS Pro for now but MMS aren't downloading. Sigh.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

spiderman07

Dec 13, 2012
try this: go to Settings->More->Application Manager-> Select "All" tab -> select Messaging-> Clear data + Clear cache...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.