[Q] Viper redline rom reboots

Search This thread

tyscof

May 8, 2014
So I found another thread like this but couldn't seem to find an answer. I am new to rooting and wanted to put the viper rom on my phone. But after I install it the phone just keeps rebooting, it will get to viper and then flash my lockscreen and go straight to a reboot. So steps I did to get the rom.
First I went to fast boot and fastboot flash boot boot.img. Then I went into recovery (I have 4ext) activated smart flash and factory restored/wiped my phone. Lastly I installed the zip file from recovery window. I have s-on but that shouldn't matter the way I did it right? I am not sure I did everything right but I have done smooth criminal on my phone and that worked fine, just that my wifi radio stopped working which is weird. Any help would be appreciated I am a noob =]

donkeykong1

Aug 6, 2012
Sesvete, Zagreb
So I found another thread like this but couldn't seem to find an answer. I am new to rooting and wanted to put the viper rom on my phone. But after I install it the phone just keeps rebooting, it will get to viper and then flash my lockscreen and go straight to a reboot. So steps I did to get the rom.
First I went to fast boot and fastboot flash boot boot.img. Then I went into recovery (I have 4ext) activated smart flash and factory restored/wiped my phone. Lastly I installed the zip file from recovery window. I have s-on but that shouldn't matter the way I did it right? I am not sure I did everything right but I have done smooth criminal on my phone and that worked fine, just that my wifi radio stopped working which is weird. Any help would be appreciated I am a noob =]

Did you wipe all partitions except SD card before flashing?

tyscof

May 8, 2014
Maybe. It did the trick for me bunch of times. No harm in trying, right?
Well I tried it a few times but didnt work. =/ darn
I tried messaging viper the guy who posted the lastest update on here but I doubt he will get back to me, any other suggestions? Does it have to do with a kernal or something?

Last edited:

donkeykong1

Aug 6, 2012
Sesvete, Zagreb
Try some other ROM. If the phone boots fine, try Viper again, but don't flash boot.img before, just wipe and flash from recovery. And make sure smartflash is turned on