[HELP] Update HTC One X AT&T to 4.1.1 or 4.2.2

Search This thread

bleiders

Jun 25, 2013
Good day dear friends,

Please i need help with my phone, i live in Venezuela i bought it from amazon, it is unlocked, never touch the sistem or hardware, i never change the Android version, i have the 4.0.3, i heard that there is already a new version 4.2.2, but when i pressthe Updates of software AT&T i dont get any update even the 4.1.1, could you guys help me to update my phone, waiting for your comments.

Heisenberg

Retired Forum Moderator
Jun 29, 2011
Knocking on your door
OnePlus 9 Pro
We need to see your bootloader details first. To get to your bootloader, power the phone off completely, once it's off hold volume down and then power so you're holding them together. After a few seconds let go of power but keep holding volume down until you reach the white screen with text, this is your bootloader, please post the first five lines.

Sent from my Evita

bleiders

Jun 25, 2013
we need to see your bootloader details first. To get to your bootloader, power the phone off completely, once it's off hold volume down and then power so you're holding them together. After a few seconds let go of power but keep holding volume down until you reach the white screen with text, this is your bootloader, please post the first five lines.

Sent from my evita

evita pvt ship s-on rl
hboot-2 14.0000
radio-0.16.32.09.01_3
open dsp-v25.1.0.32.0405
emmc-boot
nov 26 2012.18:37:14:-1

Xib0

Jun 16, 2013
AT&T has not released the sense 5 and Android 4.2.2 update yet and when he never touched the system, his bootloader is probably "locked"

Heisenberg

Retired Forum Moderator
Jun 29, 2011
Knocking on your door
OnePlus 9 Pro
AT&T has not released the sense 5 and Android 4.2.2 update yet and when he never touched the system, his bootloader is probably "locked"

It isn't safe to assume that his bootloader is locked or that the phone has never been modified in the past. I've seen multiple devices which were supposedly purchased "new" from Amazon that have turned out to be used, and have been previously modified. So, we still need to see that top line of the bootloader.

Sent from my Evita

Heisenberg

Retired Forum Moderator
Jun 29, 2011
Knocking on your door
OnePlus 9 Pro
it says ********LOCKED********

My assumption is that this phone is not new. The Android version which is currently on it is 4.0.3 which does not match up with the 2.14 hboot version. While the bootloader says "locked" it's highly likely that this has been spoofed by the previous owner while returning it to a stock state. It's most like actually "relocked" but edited to read in a "locked" state.

You're going to need to install adb/fastboot on your PC so we can pull some more information from the device. You'll also need to install HTC drivers.

Sent from my Evita

---------- Post added at 09:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:52 PM ----------

Look at my post up, it says ***LOCKED***

Yes I saw, you posted that while I was typing my reply.

Sent from my Evita

Heisenberg

Retired Forum Moderator
Jun 29, 2011
Knocking on your door
OnePlus 9 Pro
Im new in this, dont know Any of that, could you please help me, step by step??

No problems. First step is to download the drivers, which are actually a component of HTC Sync Manger. Go to the HTC One XL page at HTC.com, then select the download section and download HTC Sync Manager, then install it on your PC. Connect your phone to your PC and it should automatically install the appropriate drivers. Once that's finished you can actually uninstall HTC Sync Manager but make sure you leave the drivers installed.

For adb/fastboot just head over to this thread and follow the instructions there, it's pretty straight forward.

Sent from my Evita

Xib0

Jun 16, 2013
You could download a AT&T ruu after installing the drivers successful to make sure that your firmware match with stock firmware from AT&T.

Heisenberg

Retired Forum Moderator
Jun 29, 2011
Knocking on your door
OnePlus 9 Pro
You could download a AT&T ruu after installing the drivers successful to make sure that your firmware match with stock firmware from AT&T.

Wait a minute. Before giving advice we need to know all the details. If he has SuperCID and runs the RUU he'll brick the phone. I know you mean well but maybe you need a bit more experience before giving advice. That might sound harsh but I doubt you want to be responsible for someone bricking their phone.

Sent from my Evita

Reactions: 954wrecker

Nehomar_C

Aug 31, 2010
Barquisimeto
Help Me Please

XDA Greetings friends, I have a HTC ONE X AT & T with the following specifications:
Unloket
Avoid PVT Ship S-off rl
CID-11111111
Hboot-1.14.0002
Radio-0.19as.32.09.11.2
openDPS-v29.1.0.45.0622
eMMC-boot.
June 11, 2012, 14:36:28

My question is this:
I can? Place a cooked ROM with android 4.2.2 and Sense 5?, Having HBOOT 1.14? eye now I'm on android 4.0.4 manufactures, I have the SuperCID, Unlocked bootloader, root the phone and installed the TWRP Recovery

Or did I have to apply a RUU (3.18.502.6) to be on HBOOT 2.14??? and so to upgrade to android 4.2.2???
If I apply the RUU'll have to repeat the process bara release the bootloader, root and install the Recovery?
Thanks mates!

Saludos amigos de XDA, tengo un HTC ONE X de AT&T con las siguientes especificaciones:
Unloket
Evita PVT Ship S-off rl
CID- 11111111
Hboot-1.14.0002
Radio-0.19as.32.09.11.2
openDPS-v29.1.0.45.0622
eMMC-boot.
Jun 11 2012, 14:36:28

Mi pregunta es la siguiente:
¿Puedo colocarle una ROM cocinada con android 4.2.2 y Sense 5?, teniendo el HBOOT 1.14? ojo ahora estoy en android 4.0.4 de fabrica, tengo el superCID, el bootloader Desbloqueado, el telefono Root e instalado el Recovery TWRP

¿o acaso tengo que aplicarle una RUU (3.18.502.6 ) para quedar en HBOOT 2.14??? y asi poder actualizar a android 4.2.2???
Si aplico la RUU tendre que repetir el proceso bara liberar el bootloader, root e instalar el Recovery?
Gracias compañeros!!!

Saludos al Paisano de Venezuela : Vaquero:

Heisenberg

Retired Forum Moderator
Jun 29, 2011
Knocking on your door
OnePlus 9 Pro
XDA Greetings friends, I have a HTC ONE X AT & T with the following specifications:
Unloket
Avoid PVT Ship S-off rl
CID-11111111
Hboot-1.14.0002
Radio-0.19as.32.09.11.2
openDPS-v29.1.0.45.0622
eMMC-boot.
June 11, 2012, 14:36:28

My question is this:
I can? Place a cooked ROM with android 4.2.2 and Sense 5?, Having HBOOT 1.14? eye now I'm on android 4.0.4 manufactures, I have the SuperCID, Unlocked bootloader, root the phone and installed the TWRP Recovery

Or did I have to apply a RUU (3.18.502.6) to be on HBOOT 2.14??? and so to upgrade to android 4.2.2???
If I apply the RUU'll have to repeat the process bara release the bootloader, root and install the Recovery?
Thanks mates!

Saludos amigos de XDA, tengo un HTC ONE X de AT&T con las siguientes especificaciones:
Unloket
Evita PVT Ship S-off rl
CID- 11111111
Hboot-1.14.0002
Radio-0.19as.32.09.11.2
openDPS-v29.1.0.45.0622
eMMC-boot.
Jun 11 2012, 14:36:28

Mi pregunta es la siguiente:
¿Puedo colocarle una ROM cocinada con android 4.2.2 y Sense 5?, teniendo el HBOOT 1.14? ojo ahora estoy en android 4.0.4 de fabrica, tengo el superCID, el bootloader Desbloqueado, el telefono Root e instalado el Recovery TWRP

¿o acaso tengo que aplicarle una RUU (3.18.502.6 ) para quedar en HBOOT 2.14??? y asi poder actualizar a android 4.2.2???
Si aplico la RUU tendre que repetir el proceso bara liberar el bootloader, root e instalar el Recovery?
Gracias compañeros!!!

Saludos al Paisano de Venezuela : Vaquero:

Please don't hijack this thread, we're attempting to help someone else here and you posting here will only confuse matters. Please start a new thread in the q&a section.

Sent from my Evita

Xib0

Jun 16, 2013
Wait a minute. Before giving advice we need to know all the details. If he has SuperCID and runs the RUU he'll brick the phone. I know you mean well but maybe you need a bit more experience before giving advice. That might sound harsh but I doubt you want to be responsible for someone bricking their phone.

Sent from my Evita

I'm sorry about this, I forget it. I only thought if he hasn't supercid, the ruu will stop installing the firmware, so he can't brick the phone. You are right sure is sure :)

Heisenberg

Retired Forum Moderator
Jun 29, 2011
Knocking on your door
OnePlus 9 Pro
I'm sorry about this, I forget it. I only thought if he hasn't supercid, the ruu will stop installing the firmware, so he can't brick the phone. You are right sure is sure :)

There is a CID check somewhere in the middle of the RUU process which stops it from completing if it detects SuperCID, so the RUU never finishes and renders the phone useless (a brick).

Sent from my Evita

Reactions: exad and Xib0

bleiders

Jun 25, 2013
Good day my friend, i already download the ADB, i have the cmd open, but what code i need to use for that??

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    it says ********LOCKED********

My assumption is that this phone is not new. The Android version which is currently on it is 4.0.3 which does not match up with the 2.14 hboot version. While the bootloader says "locked" it's highly likely that this has been spoofed by the previous owner while returning it to a stock state. It's most like actually "relocked" but edited to read in a "locked" state.

You're going to need to install adb/fastboot on your PC so we can pull some more information from the device. You'll also need to install HTC drivers.

Sent from my Evita

---------- Post added at 09:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:52 PM ----------

Look at my post up, it says ***LOCKED***

Yes I saw, you posted that while I was typing my reply.

Sent from my Evita

There is a CID check somewhere in the middle of the RUU process which stops it from completing if it detects SuperCID, so the RUU never finishes and renders the phone useless (a brick).

Sent from my Evita
    What about the line above that? It should say "locked" or "relocked", and possibly "tampered".

Sent from my Evita

Sent from my Evita
    Ok, are you booted into Android when you're trying the command? Or are you connected while the phone is displaying the bootloader?

Sent from my Evita