[Sony Xperia M] Backup TA - root required

Search This thread

luki30210

Sep 15, 2013
Zawadka
Hi. I want to make a backup of TA, but I can't root my phone - I tried to use "DooMLoRD_Easy-Rooting-Toolkit_v17_perf-event-exploit". Is there any way to do root? I have stock Android 4.3

gamer649

Feb 8, 2013
Is there any way to root without downgrading?

The only way to root without downgrading is to unlock your bootloader, install a kernel with CWM embedded and then install the SU binaries through CWM.

The guide for this is in the general sub-section too.

Sent from my C1905 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Reactions: luki30210

gamer649

Feb 8, 2013
But if I will downgrade, my TA backup will be good? Or useless?

Wysłane z mojego Nexus 7 przy użyciu Tapatalka

I have no clue, some users have reported that you can restore your 4.1.2/4.2.2 TA on the 4.3 firmware however. I would suggest downgrading, rooting, use the nicki root toolkit to upgrade to the newest firmware (whilst also rooting it), taking the TA backup from that firmware and then unlocking your bootloader (if you wish so).

Reactions: luki30210

luki30210

Sep 15, 2013
Zawadka
I have no clue, some users have reported that you can restore your 4.1.2/4.2.2 TA on the 4.3 firmware however. I would suggest downgrading, rooting, use the nicki root toolkit to upgrade to the newest firmware (whilst also rooting it), taking the TA backup from that firmware and then unlocking your bootloader (if you wish so).

OK. I just downgraded my phone, but I can't install root by Nicki Root (http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2709911):
Bez_tytu_u.jpg

EDIT: I found solution. Killing old ADB.exe

EDIT2: Everithing is fine. Now I have CM11 ^^. Thank you gamer649

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi. I want to make a backup of TA, but I can't root my phone - I tried to use "DooMLoRD_Easy-Rooting-Toolkit_v17_perf-event-exploit". Is there any way to do root? I have stock Android 4.3

Go check the general sub-forum. You'll find the nicki root toolkit there.
    Is there any way to root without downgrading?

The only way to root without downgrading is to unlock your bootloader, install a kernel with CWM embedded and then install the SU binaries through CWM.

The guide for this is in the general sub-section too.

Sent from my C1905 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
    But I will lost chance to backup TA?

That is correct, yes. The only way to root without downgrading is to use the nicki root toolkit. This is because all exploits used in roots on previous firmwares have been patched by Sony.
    But if I will downgrade, my TA backup will be good? Or useless?

Wysłane z mojego Nexus 7 przy użyciu Tapatalka