Root Sprint Galaxy Note 3 (NC5)

Search This thread

awschubert

Jan 14, 2009
So I have a Sprint Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Baseband version ends in NC5. I would really like to root my phone but everywhere I look I get a ton of conflicting information. I found Kingo root but some people said not to do it. I have Oden but does that just take care of rooting then I can install what I want from there?

Anyone that can give me instructions on what I need to do to root my Note 3 that would be great. I would prefer not to ruin my warranty or hit Knox.

If someone can point me in the right direction that would be awesome!

Thanks

Reactions: micmars

micmars

Inactive Recognized Contributor
May 1, 2013
Tampa Bay
So I have a Sprint Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Baseband version ends in NC5. I would really like to root my phone but everywhere I look I get a ton of conflicting information. I found Kingo root but some people said not to do it. I have Oden but does that just take care of rooting then I can install what I want from there?

Anyone that can give me instructions on what I need to do to root my Note 3 that would be great. I would prefer not to ruin my warranty or hit Knox.

Thanks

Check any number of threads on Towel root, which will likely work on your device, depending on its date of manufacture. You should be able to find it in the general forum.

This thread will soon be in the Q&A section where it belongs, as soon as it's moved.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

awschubert

Jan 14, 2009
Check any number of threads on Towel root, which will likely work on your device, depending on its date of manufacture. You should be able to find it in the general forum.

This thread will soon be in the Q&A section where it belongs, as soon as it's moved.

Use towelroot.... This should be under help and faq btw.

Thanks guys! I was looking at that one and just wasn't sure about it and found out that was the best one. I downloaded Wanam Xposed to play round with the notification panels and stuff which was my main reason any recommendations on good theming apps or places to look for themes?

micmars

May 1, 2013
Tampa Bay
Thanks guys! I was looking at that one and just wasn't sure about it and found out that was the best one. I downloaded Wanam Xposed to play round with the notification panels and stuff which was my main reason any recommendations on good theming apps or places to look for themes?

We can tackle that once your thread is moved, and this comment eviscerated.

I'd suggest abstaining from piling on this thread or line of inquiry until such time.

Reactions: awschubert

micmars

May 1, 2013
Tampa Bay

Installing towel root should work.

Once that's done, install the latest Xposed framework (2.6.1), and Wanam, to get started.

Your options are really superb if all you wish to do is tinker with Xposed. Hop on over to the Xposed section of xda and have a blast. You really can have an excellent device with only root, an ad free app, and Xposed.

Good luck, and if interested in what modules are good, feel free to come back here and ask after you've had your fill of Wanam.

awschubert

Jan 14, 2009

Once that's done, install the latest Xposed framework (2.6.1), and Wanam, to get started.

Your options are really superb if all you wish to do is tinker with Xposed. Hop on over to the Xposed section of xda and have a blast. You really can have an excellent device with only root, an ad free app, and Xposed.

Good luck, and if interested in what modules are good, feel free to come back here and ask after you've had your fill of Wanam.

Awesome I just started playing with Wanam and its pretty cool. I was in the Sprint store the other day playing with the LG G3 and loved the color scheme on the G3 and was thinking of looking for a theme like that but want to change the backgrounds on all my menus like in settings and such to something lighter than the plain old black theme that came with note 3. Ive used some apps before my phone was rooted to theme but now I know I can do much more so any advice or pointers on what modules to use/get would be great!

micmars

May 1, 2013
Tampa Bay
Awesome I just started playing with Wanam and its pretty cool. I was in the Sprint store the other day playing with the LG G3 and loved the color scheme on the G3 and was thinking of looking for a theme like that but want to change the backgrounds on all my menus like in settings and such to something lighter than the plain old black theme that came with note 3. Ive used some apps before my phone was rooted to theme but now I know I can do much more so any advice or pointers on what modules to use/get would be great!

First go to this Xposed module thread...

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2327541

[INDEX][XPOSED] XPOSED Modules Collection | Post Modules' Request Here!

Then look for a few, including...

XuiMod, XHaloFloatingWindow, Tinted Status Bar, S5 System UI Theme, CPU Temp in Status Bar, amongst others.

The trick is to avoid mods that interfere with others.

Most of the aforementioned won't conflict with others.

Take it slowly, and experiment.

Good luck!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Thread moved to appropriate forums.

Thanks

Use towelroot.... This should be under help and faq btw.

We can tackle that once your thread is moved, and this comment eviscerated.

I'd suggest abstaining from piling on this thread or line of inquiry until such time.