Safest way to root intercept for performance

Search This thread

jSterling

I have a virgin mobile intercept.. second one due to bricking my first one.

I was woundering what the safest way would be to root the phone. I mainly want better performance.. not really worried about anything else.

Hopefully someone could tell me what the safest and most stable kernel and recovery would be. I've been reading up a lot but still confused about what to pick out and what method to use to flash the kernel and recovery.

Thanks all.

Sent from my SPH-M910 using XDA App

old_dude

Oct 9, 2010
It is somewhat laughable all of these wannabe phone modders who brick their phones, then run right back to the retailer where they bought the phone and cry so that they get a new one, then go right back to attempting to brick their phone again.
Hey, here's a thought ....if you brick your phone while attempting to mod it ....its yours...live with it. Don't run back to the retailer like a baby, rather, attempt to unbrick the phone yourself. Maybe then you'll learn something, because lord knows you're not learning modding, 'responsibility' (or anything else) this way.

murphysmash

Jun 17, 2010
It is somewhat laughable all of these wannabe phone modders who brick their phones, then run right back to the retailer where they bought the phone and cry so that they get a new one, then go right back to attempting to brick their phone again.
Hey, here's a thought ....if you brick your phone while attempting to mod it ....its yours...live with it. Don't run back to the retailer like a baby, rather, attempt to unbrick the phone yourself. Maybe then you'll learn something, because lord knows you're not learning modding, 'responsibility' (or anything else) this way.

dude you need to chill out, not everybody is technologically inclined. everybody messes up at one point in time, im sure you have. so how about instead of saying stupid **** you actually try to help people....hmmmm? how about that?

jSterling

Lol, he's just the forum douchbag, and of course I'm going to get a new one if I'm under warranty. Far from technologically inclined, of done a lit, just didn't take my time. There's a reason I don't use XDA, the community seems to be filled with smart ass hot heads that don't care to help. Could of at least pointed me in the right direction then sit there and call me a... baby..? Lol.. amusing at the least.

Sent from my Optimus V running CM7 @ 825mghz

entropy.of.avarice

Apr 29, 2010
St. Louis
I would recommend

You head over to the dev section - there are a bunch of different ways to root this phone - i personally used the data cable method for my phone and the apk for my girlfriends phone - both have resorted in perma root.

Since you have bricked this device before when attempting to mod it - i recommend you don't worry about custom rom/recovery right away - focus on getting the device rooted and removing some of the annoying bloat with a tool like Root Toolbox or Titanium Backup.

Hope that helps a little. Let me know if I can be of further use.

Treyen

Feb 28, 2011
Search "Samsung Intercept Root sdx" and look for the one about an apk. Worked flawlessly.

Sent from my SPH-M910 using XDA App

Last edited:

glennruel

May 5, 2011
Wyoming
I am not as blunt as "old_dude" but I agree completely with his point. When I bricked my first droid, which was a LG Optimus. I spent about 40 hrs at the computer fixing it. But I got it back to perfect working condition. I learned more about "Android" in those 40 hrs than I can describe. Not to mention the pride of fixing something most can't. So if you want to be any kind of Droid person fix it your self. Also alerting retailers to the fact you are trying to root your phone is pretty dumb. Even if you think they don't know, the phone you turned in has a log that lists everything you did from the moment you first turned it on!