Samsung Fascinate SCH-I500 flash to Straight Talk

Search This thread

modman72

Mar 21, 2011
1. First buy a Straight Talk for walley world .com get the LG220.
(Its $45 with one month unlimited everything with free shipping.)

2.Then activate it .

3.Download the drivers for the Samsung Fascinate SCH-I500 making sure you get 32 bit or 64 bit which ever machine have it installed.

4.Download DFS you have to ativate the software though their site after you install it.

5.You will need to put the http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1209992

6.Then dial **87284 put both options in modem mode

7.When plug the phone in it should tell you its found new hardware and ask for drivers

8.Then run DFS

9.Go manager in DFS your Samsung Fascinate SCH-I500 should show up select it
(sometimes you need to put the phone in dial mode dial **33284 then enter 000000 in the block for SPC)I think.

10.Then you will need the password to unlock the SCH-I500 its a 16 digit number you can find it online

11.Enter it in the PWD block at the top of DFS program it will tell you its unlocked.

12.Then read the phone write the ESN down just in case want put back.

13.Then enter the 20 digit number that on your straight talk green card enter it in the MIED block

14.Hit write it will do it real quick

15.Then hit reset from the reset from DFS

16.OK to active it might try to dial Verizon if activate and the Emergency buttons are at the bottom hit the Emergency *#83786633 then dial *22890 it will program

17.OK then dial *22891 to update roaming

18.Set up a gmail account then market and the internet will work.

Good luck
Modman72

modman72

Mar 21, 2011
Factory Data Reset

You have hit *#22745927 then enter 000000 in the SPC code to enable the hidden menu's
Before you dial *22890 to activate dial *#7780#-Factory Data Reset you will lose your apps but it will fix alot of problems like not getting 3G or not be able to surf!!!

Last edited:
Reactions: rbenavides

jesgrew

Jan 11, 2009
Nice work, but I have two NooB questions:
1 will this work on a fascinate with a bad ESN, or blacklisted ESN on Verizon.
2. What is DFS "Download DFS you have to ativate the software though their site after you install it."

Thanks!

Nice work, but I have two NooB questions:
1 will this work on a fascinate with a bad ESN, or blacklisted ESN on Verizon.
2. What is DFS "Download DFS you have to ativate the software though their site after you install it."

Thanks!
When you write the MEID from the ST phone to your Fascinate, it'll change the ESN too. DFS is the program you'll need to change the MEID, this video ( www[DOT]youtube[DOT]com/watch?v=bOC13wkGlvQ ) will show you how and you can get the software for $10 bucks from that guy.

Reactions: 94SupraTT
When mine was doing that, it was cuz it wasn't reaching the Verizon activation servers because I did it about 1230 am Central time, and their servers go down for maintenance then. Try it in the middle of the day. Also, are you using an MEID from a deactivated phone? It can't be activated until AFTER you write it to the Fascinate. And also, you need an Unlimited Plan, or it won't work right.

Sent from my Straight Talk Fascinate using xda premium

daskydivr

Mar 29, 2011
Louisiana
password to unlock the SCH-I500?

hi i just got a Samsung Fascinate from a friend, and i want to flash it to straight talk but i don't understand what you mean by find a password to unlock the SCH-I500, could you help me please and thank you! :D

Eris _2.1_2010

May 13, 2010
South Bend, IN
I actually thought about doing this, but then I looked at straight talks coverage map and quickly
changed my mind lol

Sent from my Glitched MIUI Fascinate

I actually thought about doing this, but then I looked at straight talks coverage map and quickly
changed my mind lol

Sent from my Glitched MIUI Fascinate

Straight Talk uses the Verizon network for CDMA phones. My coverage map says I should have no connection most of the places I am, because I'm out in the country, but I have yet to find somewhere I don't have a signal, and 3G as well. Only thing is, I got kinda careless with my 3G usage, and ST called to warn me if I kept using so much they would throttle or completely cut off my data. I used several GB of data before I got that call though.

warnold66

Oct 19, 2011
Still having problems flashing

I followed all of the above instructions and have tried the whole process a few times. All I can do is send and receive text msgs. and receive calls. I cannot make calls or use data. Any help please?

camrok

Mar 18, 2011
Duryea, PA
Possible for sprint.?

Can this method be modified to be used on Sprints network? I have a epic 4g donor phone and unlimited plan

Laserman00769

Oct 14, 2011
so i have a verizon samsung galaxy s sch-i500 and I have done everything here, but i still get a verizon error message..... do I have to pay for that DFS program inorder to get my phone unlocked? dfs said my phone is $35, but Im able to log into it with the app in demo mode and by selecting the proper comm port.. and I have the password for the phone.. but when I change the MEID or IMEI id with dfs or in service mode(**772) , it still shows up as the old MEID when i press*#06# ...?

what do i do? thanks

Warnold66: your phone didn't activate properly. Dial the activation number again.

Camrock: this method should work with any CDMA provider, dunno what Sprint is though.

Lazerman00769, I posted the URL to a YouTube video in one of my above posts. Follow that video, and you'll have no problems. That's how I did my phone.

Sent from my Straight Talk Fascinate

Eris _2.1_2010

May 13, 2010
South Bend, IN
I.looked at their coverage map and it looks horrible. Can anyone that travels confirm they get good data service with straight talk?

Sent from my Droid Charge 4G running Humble 2.3.5 Gingerbread

camrok

Mar 18, 2011
Duryea, PA
Sprint CDMA

Warnold66: your phone didn't activate properly. Dial the activation number again.

Camrock: this method should work with any CDMA provider, dunno what Sprint is though.

Lazerman00769, I posted the URL to a YouTube video in one of my above posts. Follow that video, and you'll have no problems. That's how I did my phone.

Sent from my Straight Talk Fascinate

Sprint is CDMA. I am wondering if i would use the ESN of my Epic 4g? would i need to deactivate my Epic 4g first, and how? Thanks

Laserman00769

Oct 14, 2011
ok I have the same problem as "warnold66" him and I did the same thing and got the same problems.. All I can do is send and receive text msgs. and receive calls. I cannot make calls or use data.....

I followed that Link that u posted and still I have the same problem. When I type code *#06# I still get the old MEID.. even after I changed it with DFS?... but when I use DFS I get the new MEID?

Please help.. this sux:(

Do I need to just flash my phone to a new fireware & rom?

Last edited:

Laserman00769

Oct 14, 2011
ok so now I know how to bypass the verizon activation, and did so.... ive rooted and superuser access... ive used DFS to change my MEID, I did the factory restore, ive used *22890 & * 22891.... and still I can only do texting and get calls.... no web or making calls?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    1. First buy a Straight Talk for walley world .com get the LG220.

2.Then activate it .

3.Download the drivers for the Samsung Fascinate SCH-I500 making sure you get 32 bit or 64 bit which ever machine have it installed.

4.Download DFS you have to ativate the software though their site after you install it.

5.You will need to put the http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1209992

6.Then dial **87284 put both options in modem mode

7.When plug the phone in it should tell you its found new hardware and ask for drivers

8.Then run DFS

9.Go manager in DFS your Samsung Fascinate SCH-I500 should show up select it
    (sometimes you need to put the phone in dial mode dial **33284 then enter 000000 in the block for SPC)I think.

10.Then you will need the password to unlock the SCH-I500 its a 16 digit number you can find it online

11.Enter it in the PWD block at the top of DFS program it will tell you its unlocked.

12.Then read the phone write the ESN down just in case want put back.

13.Then enter the 20 digit number that on your straight talk green card enter it in the MIED block

14.Hit write it will do it real quick

15.Then hit reset from the reset from DFS

16.OK to active it might try to dial Verizon if activate and the Emergency buttons are at the bottom hit the Emergency *#83786633 then dial *22890 it will program

17.OK then dial *22891 to update roaming

18.Set up a gmail account then market and the internet will work.

Good luck
    Modman72
    Updated Guide with some clarification of steps.

Gentlemen,

I went through the process tonight and everything worked great but I found some confusing parts in the process for a dummy like me so I added some clarification to the process to be a bit more literal for the slower folks in the crowd out there, like myself. Hope it helps.

*** UPDATED GUIDE - 12/21/12 ***

1. First buy a Straight Talk from Walmart.com or straightalk.com. Get the LG220C (Refurbished if needed, it will be a clean phone and works all the same). (Its $45 with one month unlimited everything with free shipping.)

2. ** DO NOT ACTIVATE IT. DON'T EVEN TURN IT ON. THAT'S WHERE THINGS GET MESSED UP OVER THE NETWORK. IF YOU HAVE ACTIVATED IT ALREADY THEN YOU MIGHT HAVE TO GET ANOTHER ONE. THIS IS ONE OF THE ONLY THINGS I DID DIFFERENT AND NOW EVERYTHING WORKS ON MY FASCINATE. **

4.Download DFS (as of this posting 4.0.2.0 is the most current). YOU DO NOT NEED TO BUY THEIR PRODUCT, EVEN THOUGH IT SEEMS LIKE YOU DO. Just make an account (using the software) and login.

5.*** THE PHONE MUST BE STOCK VERIZON !!!! *** NO, CUSTOM IMAGES!!! I used EH03 Stock Build. You need to put the phone in Debugging Mode & Allow Unknown Sources.

6. Dial **87284 put both options (UART & USB) in modem mode.

6a. Then dial **33284 and enter 000000 in the block for SPC. SCROLL TO THE BOTTOM AND FIND "Dial-UP Networking". Select ON. Backup one screen and select "Port Map" Set it to hkf & diag. It was already enabled on my phone.

7.Then plug the phone in to your PC. It should tell you its found new hardware and ask for drivers

8. Run DFS. MAKE SURE THE RIGHT PORT IS SELECTED FOR YOUR DEVICE. CLICK ON THE TOP LEFT BUTTON CALLED "Ports". DOUBLE CLICK YOUR DEVICE. It will be the one that says "Samsung Diagnostic Modem"... or something equivalent. Diagnostic being the key word. You know you are connected to the phone properly when all the information on the main screen fills in with YELLOW text and tells you everything you may (or may not) have wanted to know about the phone.

9. Go back to the Main DFS Screen.

10. You will need the password to unlock the SCH-I500: 2010031619780721.

11.IN THE SPC THE NUMBERS, it should already have 000000 IN IT. CLICK ON THE RUN BUTTON to the Left of the SPC number. In the "Logging Window" that floats to the side, IT SHOULD SAY "Device Unlocked". THEN enter the 16 digit code in the PWD block at the top of DFS program. Click run to the left of the PWD Numbers and it should say "Device Unlocked" again.

12. IN THE VERSION I'M USING, YOU HAVE TO CLICK ON THE PROGRAMMING TAB TO BRING UP THE MEID OPTIONS. ITS IN THE CENTER COLUMN HALF WAY DOWN. Click the "read" button next to the ESN information. Write it down just in case want put back.

13.Then enter the 20 digit MEID number that's on your straight talk green card (and also on your phone) in the MEID DEC box, (NOT the HEX).

14.Hit "Write". It will do it real quick.

15.Then hit reset on the DFS main screen. [TOP RIGHT CORNER]

16. At this point, the phone will come back & be basically brand-new. You have to select your language and then you will only have the "Emergency" & "Activate" buttons. You DO NOT want to ACTIVATE. It will attempt to call Verizon and not do you any good. Instead, PUT THE PHONE DOWN and go to the Straight Talk Website. "Activate" the new MEID that you just programmed into the Fascinate and that was provided to you on the phone and GREEN card. The Straight Talk website will also ask you for the "Service PIN", this is the $45 for Phone / Data you paid for. *** SPECIAL NOTE: You have the option of "porting" a phone number over from another Carrier as you are activating the LG220 MEID. i.e. Verizon. You HAVE to know your full account number, password, last 4 digits of SSN, and billing address of your VERIZON account. IF you choose to port your number over, it says it can take 2 business days; mine took 15 minutes, your results may vary. Once that is all done, the Straight Talk MEID is activated and your newly programmed Fascinate will be ready to come to life (soon). Straight Talk will show the phone as the LG220 you bought, but you took that MEID from the LG220 and put it into the brains of your Fascinate (that's what DFS does).

16a. Pick your phone back up and at the screen with the 2 buttons for "Emergency" and "Activate", press Emergency and Dial *#83786633. A message will pop up that says "Soft Keys enabled". This will allow you to hit the HOME button and get to the normal desktop and give you access to the Phone Dialer. Thereby, avoiding the "Verizon" Activate button that you would've otherwise been forced to use. Use the Phone Dialer to dial *22890, this is Straight Talks number to Program the phone. **NOTE ** If you ported another number over from your old Carrier (i.e. Verizon), This number "may" not answer right away or not work. I "think" the porting has to be complete before it can program you. If you did not Port your number over, then you should be good to go right away.

17. Once that gets done, use the phone dialer again and dial *22891 to update roaming. Once that Completes, make a test call.

18. Once again, DIAL **33284, and UN-SELECT DIAL UP MODE FROM THE BOTTOM. THAT WILL ENABLE DATA.

19. Everything should be live: Phone, Data, Texting. You should have 3g, not 1x or anything like that.

20. At this point, you should be able to put any Custom ROM back on the phone that you want. Welcome to Straight Talk.
    Alright!! Those having problems not being able to get calling, texting, or data(or some combination of the three) Here is what I did. It's almost the exact same as post #1 with some tweaks, indicated by brackets and capitol letters in the brackets.ei [MY INSERTIONS]

1. First buy a Straight Talk from Walmart.com or straightalk.com. Get the LG220C.

2.[DO NOT ACTIVATE IT. DON'T EVEN TURN IT ON. THAT'S WHERE THINGS GET MESSED UP OVER THE NETWORK. IF YOU HAVE ACTIVATED IT ALREADY THEN YOU MIGHT HAVE TO GET ANOTHER ONE. THIS IS ONE OF THE ONLY THINGS I DID DIFFERENT AND NOW EVERYTHING WORKS ON MY FASCINATE]

4.Download DFS [I HAPPEN TO BE USING VER. 3.3.0.7] you have to activate the software though their site after you install it.[YOU DO NOT NEED TO BUY THEIR PRODUCT, EVEN THOUGH IT SEEMS LIKE YOU DO. JUST ACTIVATE IT]

5.You will need to put the [FASCINATE IN USB DEBUGGING MODE AND ALLOW UNKNOWN SOURCES]

6.Then dial **87284 put both options in modem mode[sometimes you need to put the phone in dial mode. dial **33284 then enter 000000 in the block for SPC. SCROLL TO THE BOTTOM AND IT'S THE BOTTOM OPTION. SELECT IT ON]

7.Then plug the phone in it should tell you its found new hardware and ask for drivers

8.Then run DFS[MAKE SURE THE RIGHT PORT IS SELECTED FOR YOUR DEVICE. CLICK ON THE TOP LEFT BUTTON CALLED "Ports". DOUBLE CLICK YOUR DEVICE]

9. Go back to the main screen

10.Then you will need the password to unlock the SCH-I500 [HERE'S THE NUMBER: 2010031619780721. NOT SURE WHY HE DIDN'T PUT IT ON HERE]

11.IN THE SPC THE NUMBERS SHOULD ALREADY HAVE 000000 IN IT. CLICK ON THE RUN BUTTON. AT THE BOTTOM OF DFS IT SHOULD SAY "Unlocked". THEN enter the 16 digit code in the PWD block at the top of DFS program. Click run and it will say unlocked again.

12.[IN THE VERSION I'M USING YOU HAVE TO CLICK ON THE PROGRAMMING TAB TO BRING UP THE MEID OPTIONS. ITS IN THE CENTER COLUMN HALF WAY DOWN] Then "read" the phone's ESN. Write it down just in case want put back.

13.Then enter the 20 digit number that's on your straight talk green card [IT'S ALSO ON THE BACK OF THE PHONE UNDE THE BATTERY], enter it in the MEID block under the DEC, (NOT the HEX).

14.Hit "Write". It will do it real quick

15.Then hit reset from the reset from DFS. [TOP RIGHT CORNER]

17.OK then dial *22891 to update roaming[MAKE A TEST CALL]

18.[DIAL **33284 AGAIN. UN-SELECT DIAL UP MODE FROM THE BOTTOM. THAT WILL ENABLE DATA]

(Hopefully my modifications make it work for those that are having problems. It worked for me.
    When mine was doing that, it was cuz it wasn't reaching the Verizon activation servers because I did it about 1230 am Central time, and their servers go down for maintenance then. Try it in the middle of the day. Also, are you using an MEID from a deactivated phone? It can't be activated until AFTER you write it to the Fascinate. And also, you need an Unlimited Plan, or it won't work right.

Sent from my Straight Talk Fascinate using xda premium
    This is very interesting I cannot for the life of me how to get to dfs program I contact that guy but he is not willing to provide a and I am not sure how I can get it. I got.the new demo but thats it.any help is much appreciated.thx!

Why would you pay someone for it?... Just register here (I can't post direct links since I don't have 10 posts, but add the www infront of it..)

cdmatool.com/register.aspx and download here cdmatool.com/Download.aspx then just login with whatever account you registered.. I think it'll say demo mode, but it won't expire and you will have access to everything you need