[Q] Samsung Conquer 4G Root?

Search This thread

chrystal0925

Apr 18, 2010
wouldit be possible to make an ice cream sandwich rom for this phone? is it fast enough to run it?

Could be i think this phone is just as fast as exhibit which has ics in works as far as memory etc.. Uf someone has linux and knows how to build i can't yet dont have development tools for that.. Or the know how lol honestly i dont care for ics that much..

Sent from my SGH-T679 using XDA App

lostausername

Apr 21, 2012
First Im not responsible for anything that happens to your phone..
download here:

please make sure your able to restore a back up in case its needed.

so make back up. next format system/data/cache in recovery..
rom dont wipe so need to format.
install zip from sd card reboot phone
if this rom boots i need testers to check send receive messages, phone calls bluetooth wifi etc..
please report whats not working..
included an alternate phonesky.apk(vending/market) if this has trouble try renaming it to vending.apk
also no stock launcher I included adw use what ever launcher you choose till I can get stock one deodexed

if rom is not booting try data factory reset then flash rom..
if it will not boot at all restore your back up..
on first boot it will take time wait atleast 10 min to verify before restoring..
also i dont own this phone so please report issues..

thanks
how is this software different from rooted f17 with cwm recovery?

lostausername

Apr 21, 2012
Well when im done it'll have crt off
Reboot power mod.. A few others it should be a bit smother faster then stock.. U can always try it if u dont like it restore back

awesome. i hate to ask stupid sounding questions. im a noob at android. i own a computer store, and can work magic with a pc, but from what ive gathered, this looks like linux, and thats just not something ive seen since college, and even then my eyes glazed over. but i digress. anyway, thanks for the help.

also, could a problem in trying a file keep my phone from being able to get into cwm recovery?
if not, can cwm recovery easily restore from the backup made in said recovery? is there a better way to back up my phone while its working nicely with all my apps i like on it? how could i make an odin file that i could use in download mode if i had to?
thanks again for the help...

chrystal0925

Apr 18, 2010
I dont know on odin as long as your not flashing files from another phone you'll be able to recover fine.
I've only had issues restoring if the memory card is bad

chrystal0925

Apr 18, 2010
power mod test

this is made for my rom would someone see if this will flash and add power mod and the custom boot
new version
heres a new test link removed
wipe dalvic cache before flashing

if it doesnt boot can you try to just flash the framework apk to see if its not booting please thanks
oh first boot usually takes a while with the changes made

Last edited:

chrystal0925

Apr 18, 2010
I guess it could be but i dont have linux to mess with kernel

chrystal0925

Apr 18, 2010
this is made for my rom would someone see if this will flash and add power mod and the custom boot
new version
heres a new test link removed
wipe dalvic cache before flashing

if it doesnt boot can you try to just flash the framework apk to see if its not booting please thanks
oh first boot usually takes a while with the changes made

Last edited:

tikiratt

Dec 5, 2011

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I made a new All-In-One Package now for everyone to use and posted the complete Tutorial with ALL files you will need, plus one less step here -
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1610534
    Just a quick update on this. I am currently working on making a odin image for all the people that lost root. You can reboot the device into download mode with adb and then use the image I make. I haven't figured out the key presses for download mode yet, but if your phone isn't bricked, you will at least be able to use adb to do it. :)

I will definitely be able to make a EG15 image that won't ever ask to be updated, but I am going to try and get everyone an updated FC17 image. I'm currently working on removing things from the update that need removed to make sure I keep clockwork and root. My ROM is also deodexed, and the update is for a ROM with odex files, so I have to work on restoring it back to stock to apply the update. Not all hope is lost for those that lost root, I'll help you all.
    thankx brienj.........i did 1 step and i copy the 2 files inside sd card but canot go to recovery mode?help be appreciated thankx again

Did you follow the new tutorial I wrote. Use the new file and new instructions. It will do it all for you in one step now, and the recovery will work correctly for sure.
    OK well thanx for the info. guess I'm not getting my root back since I can not find stock Odin image and stock ops file.

Sent from my SPH-D600 using xda premium

Once again, it was posted EXACTLY three posts before your post asking for it.

Phr3d13's post that was right before mine.
    ops file in the FIXED file package, then press the PDA button and select the Odin image in this package. Press the Start button getting error invalid image type?thankx for help be appreciated

It even says the stock FC17 image is invalid when you load it, and you should already know this when you updated the phone to a stock image. ;)

It works just fine though, but if you have a phone updated to FC17 by the OTA update, as it says in the instructions, you MUST do step 1 and install the STOCK FC17 image, the UPDATED FC17 will NOT work with this.

---------- Post added at 10:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:58 PM ----------

where do i find the stock odin file and stock oops files i need?

sorry everyone im pritty new to this.

It was posted exactly three posts before your post.