ATT good deals

Search This thread

norbarb

Account currently disabled
Dec 22, 2011
I just switch my plan with ATT. I got now 10 GB share plus unlimited talk and messages 3 smart phones connected for $145. Compare to last I had some around $190 and each phone had 2 GB data.

Is looks good for me, but other can have defriend opinion.

Kaze105

Dec 11, 2010
They started this in the beginning of Feb. If you have 3 or more lines, this is definitely worth it. I went from 225 to 140 with taxes and warranty.

Just go to att wireless and you can change the plan. No need to buy anything or trade.

bennyboy78

Nov 9, 2011
Can you guys provide a link to those plans? Ours is only 4 GB shared with 3 phones and it is well over $145 a month

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Obartuckc

NighthawkXL

Mar 4, 2013
Florida
I was on a Mobile Share Plan paying around $205 after taxes & fees for 3 lines on the 4 GB plan. I called the other day and got moved to the Mobile Share Value plan without any issues... next billing cycle will indeed be cheaper after doing the math the service dropped to $145 along with tax & fees of around $10-$15. I definitely have no problem with saving nearly $50 or so dollars a month while getting more data out of the deal. T-Mobile really has AT&T scrambling to keep customers from jumping ship, and we're reaping the benefits.

Reactions: bennyboy78

chvybeatsford

Jul 10, 2008
Gonzales,La
what happens with the 2 year upgrade deal if one chooses this plan. I been reading but seems like that may be gone and they trying to push the next idea upgrade?

shamelin73

Jul 27, 2010
Dallas
They are doing this because T MOBILE prices.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 07:59 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:58 AM ----------

I went from 280 to 175 for 5 phones.

atistang

Feb 1, 2010
I switched last week also. Just so people know. You will no longer get upgrade discounts every 2 years with the value plans. You will have to use Next or pay up front the full price of the phone

norbarb

Account currently disabled
Dec 22, 2011
So they doing this to sell less phones? Not to smart.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using XDA Premium HD app

Cusa

Dec 25, 2011
Can someone please tell me the difference between Next and the 2 year upgrade plan?

Last edited:

hiii_imkris

Feb 6, 2012
Fayetteville, NC
Basically if you're in a 2 year contract signed prior to 2/2 then your line is $15 on a 10gb+ value plan. If in the future you sign another 2yr then your price goes up from $15 to $40. If on next it stays $15 and adds installment. No contract stays $15.

Sent from my GT-I9505G using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

rizzo269

Jan 16, 2011
MI
I ended up switching and grabbed a couple sgs2's on swappa for my other lines that weren't smart phones before. This gs4 is my last carrier phone I'm going to get I think. Either a nexus or Google play edition of the next great thing will be my next device.

CZ Eddie

Sep 27, 2011
Austin, TX
Pretty damn good deal for those who like to buy phones outright, such as with the Nexus lineup.
Which is how I'll be going since AT&T locks bootloaders now.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Can you guys provide a link to those plans? Ours is only 4 GB shared with 3 phones and it is well over $145 a month

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Check Here
    They started this in the beginning of Feb. If you have 3 or more lines, this is definitely worth it. I went from 225 to 140 with taxes and warranty.

Just go to att wireless and you can change the plan. No need to buy anything or trade.
    So your looking at 600 dollars for that freebie phone, if you get a premium phone you could pay an upgrade fee of up to 200 dollars and pay 800 dollars for that phone. Long story short, you will pay the full price or dang close for that new phone, but the share data plan is a solid choice.
    http://www.att.com/shop/wireless/data-plans.html#fbid=tfdUva5Ns71

The way I understand it and what is written in the literature no matter what device you put on a Next plan you pay full price for the phone in payments. There is no subsidized phone on a next plan like with contract plans. So there are no freebie phone on a next plan. I look at the $15 or $40 as just the fee to be connected to the system. Much like a water bill. You have plumbing, it may all be paid for, but you still have to pay the water and sewer service bill. Also I added up all the payments for my Next phone. Came out to the exact price of the phone.

However what I think should happen is this, since a phone on the Next plan is purchased outright in payments, then all Devices on the Next plan should be fully unlocked. In my opinion other than a possible revocable right like a Rent to own store, ATT has no rights to the phone if we own it outright. Therefore I feel if we want to flash and void warranties and what not on our devices, let us do so if it is not subsidized.
    Did you get to keep the phones you already had, or did you have to trade?

I keep my phones
    I just switched over to the Single share plan. $40 for 2 GIGs of Data, unlimited Talk and Text, tethering, and no contract. I own my phone and wasn't under a contract anyway. So $65 (plus fees and taxes) and I have a $13 corporate discount. So I'll be paying slightly less and gaining unlimited texts. I don't text much, but when I do I hate paying per text. I never used all of my voice minutes anyway and had several thousand rolled over from month to month, but going unlimited is still a gain. I tethered every now and then anyway, but now it's legal. So all in all, a better deal even for one line.