[Q][ODIN][FIRMWARE][4.4.2][i537]Odin files request

Search This thread

Devildude24

Feb 27, 2013
I'm requesting someone find the Odin files to flash to an i537 model for KitKat 4.4.2, as I can't find it anywhere. If I can't, I'll go to Samsung at Best Buy and uh..... Ask for the Odin files(they use Odin there XD)

Please help as ODIN is the only way I have been able to update, OTAs fail and recovery install from cache, external SD fails. Everything but Odin fails, so anybody help?

Device details-

SGH-i537 AT&T running 4.3 Official Unrooted Stock

Thanks!!!

popfan

Jan 26, 2011
Have you tried flashing the 4.3 firmware then flashing the OTA? At this time I don't think they have released a full Odin 4.4.2

jimmietilt

Dec 28, 2007
yes i too in fact need the odin files asap. I know nobody likes being asked for ETA's but how long does it usually take to get the ODIN files?

jkeuclid

Mar 19, 2014
Just do a hard reset (VOL+/HOME/POWER), boot your phone then do a Factory reset from within the phone with selecting format SD card option (back your stuff up!). Then go back, enable USB debugging and flash the stock ML2 firmware EXCEPT for the BL file! then re-enable USB debugging and download the 2400258.cfg file from here, rename it to update.zip and flash it via stock recovery, problem solved. As for the ODIN files, here's a good read on why @Devo7v is right with his assessment on not ever seeing them. More info on the stock SGH-i537 firmware here.

Last edited:
Reactions: Harrikie

Devildude24

Feb 27, 2013
Just do a hard reset (VOL+/HOME/POWER), boot your phone then do a Factory reset from within the phone with selecting format SD card option (back your stuff up!). Then go back, enable USB debugging and flash the stock ML2 firmware EXCEPT for the BL file! then re-enable USB debugging and download the 2400258.cfg file from here, rename it to update.zip and flash it via stock recovery, problem solved. As for the ODIN files, here's a good read on why @Devo7v is right with his assessment on not ever seeing them. More info on the stock SGH-i537 firmware here.

I tried that. Didn't work XD The only thing that works for me is forcing the update through ODIN.

I tried that. Didn't work XD The only thing that works for me is forcing the update through ODIN.

How are you forcing the update through Odin? We don't have the Odin files for 4.4.2, so I'm not sure what you mean. Do you mean you can only flash the 4.3 files with Odin and you cannot get the cfg file to flash through stock recovery?

Devildude24

Feb 27, 2013
How are you forcing the update through Odin? We don't have the Odin files for 4.4.2, so I'm not sure what you mean. Do you mean you can only flash the 4.3 files with Odin and you cannot get the cfg file to flash through stock recovery?

Yes, sorry for the confusion. I forced 4.3 through ODIN and the cfg file doesn't work, in all possible ways. And it won't work when renamed to update.zip either.

Yes, sorry for the confusion. I forced 4.3 through ODIN and the cfg file doesn't work, in all possible ways. And it won't work when renamed to update.zip either.

Did you check the MD5 to make sure that it downloaded properly? My suggestion would be to download it with a computer, rename it to "update.zip" on a computer, copy it to your internal memory on the phone, and flash it through stock recovery. This should work, what errors do you get when you try to flash it? You're on stock 4.3 when you try to update, correct? In order to flash the OTA you cannot be rooted or have modified the system in any way.

jkeuclid

Mar 19, 2014
Did you check the MD5 to make sure that it downloaded properly? My suggestion would be to download it with a computer, rename it to "update.zip" on a computer, copy it to your internal memory on the phone, and flash it through stock recovery. This should work, what errors do you get when you try to flash it? You're on stock 4.3 when you try to update, correct? In order to flash the OTA you cannot be rooted or have modified the system in any way.
Good advice and I'll further add make sure when you rename the 2400258.cfg that you have known file extensions enabled and then right click and highlight the entire file "2400258.cfg" and then rename that to "update.zip"
Trust us, this will work.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Devildude24

Feb 27, 2013
Good advice and I'll further add make sure when you rename the 2400258.cfg that you have known file extensions enabled and then right click and highlight the entire file "2400258.cfg" and then rename that to "update.zip"
Trust us, this will work.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Yeah, I tried that. I tried everything, literally everything. Like Samsung told me they couldn't help me unless I sent it in. (Probably just send a replacement or do a full reset with a new partition and data)

Yeah, I tried that. I tried everything, literally everything. Like Samsung told me they couldn't help me unless I sent it in. (Probably just send a replacement or do a full reset with a new partition and data)

I'm almost positive you're doing something wrong since you're the only one that is having this problem. I know @jkeuclid has already walked one person through this process step-by-step, I don't want to speak for him but he'd probably be willing to do the same for you.

Devildude24

Feb 27, 2013
I'm almost positive you're doing something wrong since you're the only one that is having this problem. I know @jkeuclid has already walked one person through this process step-by-step, I don't want to speak for him but he'd probably be willing to do the same for you.

Thank you. UPDATE-

I checked, my Baseband version and Build Number don't match.... MF1 vs. ML2. So that could be presenting some of the problem. I'm going to try to find a partition file for stick 4.3 then rehash everything through ODIN and attempt an update. Any other suggestions anyone?

Last edited:

xs2k

Nov 12, 2008
Thank you. UPDATE-

I checked, my Baseband version and Build Number don't match.... MF1 vs. ML2. So that could be presenting some of the problem. I'm going to try to find a partition file for stick 4.3 then rehash everything through ODIN and attempt an update. Any other suggestions anyone?

Did you ever figured this out? I'm having the same issue. Can't update using the cfg file.

xdafly

Jul 3, 2010
Just my quess but the OP and others in this thread have possibly problem understanding relationship of Odin with Stock Recovery

If your phone is stock 4.3 and you have the 444 MB update renamed to update.zip already moved over to microSD card.....

See if this little video helps you

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B8TOJkBOZfs

Chrisayami

Jun 10, 2014
North Little Rock, Ar
Please Help

I'm requesting someone find the Odin files to flash to an i537 model for KitKat 4.4.2, as I can't find it anywhere. If I can't, I'll go to Samsung at Best Buy and uh..... Ask for the Odin files(they use Odin there XD)

Please help as ODIN is the only way I have been able to update, OTAs fail and recovery install from cache, external SD fails. Everything but Odin fails, so anybody help?

Device details-

SGH-i537 AT&T running 4.3 Official Unrooted Stock

Thanks!!!

Please I need your help, I was trying to upgrade to 4.4 from 4.3 ML2, on i537, but when i did, I lost my wifi and camera and media, (I mean , I cant play any song, show me a message that cant play, "File not Suppoted') anyways, the help that I need is if you can help me with your stock rom, so I can flash my phone with your files, please. Im downgrade to 4.3 again and I used one backup that I did before upgrade, but still not work wifi and media, I already flashed the moden.bin from xda to fix wifi, but still not work, I want to try to flash a Real stock rom, and see what happen, cause Im very stress...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.