[Rom] XDark ICS v2 Final {GSM} (4.0.3 ICS)

What features would you like to see in the next XDark ICS update?

• New themes

Votes: 31 30.7%
  • More xperia S features

Votes: 69 68.3%
  • More sony apps and widgets

Votes: 36 35.6%

• Total voters
Search This thread

igor_anta

May 22, 2010
Skopje
Yea works great with a little overclock

Beamed from my R800x using Xda Premium

Well they can't really release a update expecting every customer to overclock his/her phone :)

Also aren't like half of the games from the Xperia Play catalog force closing in ICS?

That's why we have custom roms. Everyone that would attempt and OC would also install a custom rom, so in the end, nothing is lost :)

Keep up the good work, cheers!

EDIT: Also, Kieran good luck with the CM9 patch/fix!

Reactions: loyal4ever

swebosdev

Aug 30, 2011
Sony canceled ICS not just because of touch pad compatibility but because of small RAM which made games stutter badly and there would be legal issues too.
Edit: I'd also like to say today I am working on hacking CM9 framework and injecting Sony input touch pad method.

you know that is a load of BS right? There is no legal issues. That's like saying I can sue when my PC no longer plays newer games at higher fps.

Our fps issues would be no different than what arc, ray currently have. Don't see any lawsuits there.

It was 100% a game pad issue, lazy bad devs on their part, end of story. Or a desire to kill the xplay.

At this point you should clearly see there is no longer a defense for them.

I'm not Sony bashing but it is what it is

Last edited:

KeiranFTW

Inactive Recognized Developer
Nov 17, 2011
Sunderland
you know that is a load of BS right? There is no legal issues. That's like saying I can sue when my PC no longer plays newer games at higher fps.

Our fps issues would be no different than what arc, ray currently have. Don't see any lawsuits there.

It was 100% a game pad issue, lazy bad devs on their part, end of story. Or a desire to kill the xplay.

At this point you should clearly see there is no longer a defense for them.

I'm not Sony bashing but it is what it is

If they released ICS for the play, as an official update, they would get shot down for the issues on it.
Lazy devs? They updated 13 devices

Reactions: loyal4ever

XDM inc

Mar 7, 2011
Xiaomi Mi 9
Google Pixel Fold
well Sony had big plans for the play but it did not sell as much as they plan so now they are trying to ERASE IT by trying to EOL it but they can't due to it being unfair to those who already brought it. So that why there is still games with Xperia play support seeing that's its the only dedicated gaming phone.
Well this is all just a theory anyway :)

swebosdev

Aug 30, 2011
granted.

But here is the problem.

I using this unofficial rom and kernel and I dont have a single issue with it. Every single thing works, its smooth, fast and I get high fps like in gb with no oc.

With that being said, with 1 guy maybe spending a few days making it, his 0.1 release is better than anything the sony devs could produce in the 8 months they claimed that they worked on it.

Honestly, what does that tell you?

solomon4400

Apr 16, 2012
CANADA(SOMETIMES I ASK Y?)
granted.

But here is the problem.

I using this unofficial rom and kernel and I dont have a single issue with it. Every single thing works, its smooth, fast and I get high fps like in gb with no oc.

With that being said, with 1 guy maybe spending a few days making it, his 0.1 release is better than anything the sony devs could produce in the 8 months they claimed that they worked on it.

Honestly, what does that tell you?

that sony should not sell cell phones especially when they all look/do the same sh!t. you know something you devs should also take their(sony) wives and finish the job with them aswell! lmfao;);)

cotda

Apr 8, 2011
www.daniel-cotton.co.uk
Amazing Rom, but could you add the Sound>Sound FX setting into Settings?? As I am sure many people would like to use equalizer apps. I think this is what is causing the crashing issue with the walkman player's equaliser as well.

sheraro

Jan 15, 2012
Casablanca
I'm surprised that this thread is not pined since this rom got EVERYTHING working ! really there's still some other members trying other roms and complaining about them (or am I overestimating this rom? no video-playback/wifi/data problems ?)

w4lkm4n

Nov 13, 2011
Jakarta
Hey people!

This is my first Sony Ericsson ice cream sandwich rom. And the purpose of this rom was because I was tired of downloading hundreds of roms for my xperia play and all of them having some kind of pros and cons, like one would look really nice and fast but not have any touchpad support and vice versa.

So far i have tested mostly everything and found no errors, My phone is a R800x and therefore I can't test 3G/service so test it for me and tell me how it goes! :laugh:

Here's a small list of key features i can think of off the top of my head

*Features*
-AROMA INSTALLER!
-fast
-WORKING WIFI! (tested with DooMKernel ICS BETA v03)
-FULL TOUCHPAD SUPPORT!
-based off stock Sony ICS/GB launcher
-xLOUD included
-MIUI music player
-new Sony wigets and live wallpapers
-Fully rooted
-removed blotware
-Screen Snapshot (hold power+Vol down)
-link2SD
-and much more!!

Download for My rom! :)
http://www.4shared.com/get/R2AMMyYY/XDark_ICS_v01_Xperia-Play.html
OR
http://www.mediafire.com/?tdkxfnhkgogslf0

You can grab DoomLords DooMKernel ICS BETA from here
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1573184

Wlakman+Sony music widget provided by wolfy1664 :good::good:
http://www.mediafire.com/?w8ex6htqjchc2fi

UPDATE ON THE WAY! (XDark ICS v0.2)!

I have heard the request of most of you guys, And i will try my best to add them. I am working on the rom now. As soon as I get my hands on another laptop I'll release the update. thank you all for your support and feedback! :laugh:

hey pall look at the bold :) ,this is mine ,not wolfy1664 ,that's my files and my mod and it's on my mediafire account :confused:

w4lkm4n

Nov 13, 2011
Jakarta
Oh OK sorry for improper credit. He just sent me the link

okey no problem ,just ensure that's mine :D

---------- Post added at 09:13 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:03 AM ----------

thanks friend :) .btw ,how did you get an optimize touchpad on this ROM ?? is that edited files ?? or else ??

Justinchi

Mar 30, 2012
okey no problem ,just ensure that's mine :D

---------- Post added at 09:13 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:03 AM ----------

thanks friend :) .btw ,how did you get an optimize touchpad on this ROM ?? is that edited files ?? or else ??
Scroll thru the last few pages. he posted the fix already.

datswhy

Apr 3, 2012
Pontianak
It seems that people are very interested in this whole touch pad thing. I already said what I did and pointed you in the direction of it. The the touch pad files all rely in the FRAMEWORK and lib. The framework-Res.apk is in regular android but the jar files are ported from gingerbread because the touch pads worked there right? So anyone with a little or intermediate knowledge of Java coding can re write the jar files seeing how android is compiled of Linux, a little of C+ coding and Java. Then the all you do is edit and sign the input.jar, framework-Res.apk and framework.jar. as for the drivers they all reside in lib folder. is that so hard? :what:

I'm sure @w4lkman look for this one, read a whole thread n maybe i'll try for it since it have good respons from othera using this rom

Regards from Lucian

Xperia Play with True Ancestor Rom modded myself..
Locked Bootloader

Rox598

Sep 7, 2011
Northern Ireland
Great Rom absolutely loving it on my play :D

quick question on a problem i'm having some apps wont install that should work :S the HMV app for example it gives me the option to download it on the play store but when i try to it gives me error 942. it happens on that and a few more apps and live wallpapers. also some live wallpapers "stop responding" and force close only way to get them to work is by setting them over and over a few times :S

overall tho its brilliant and great work so far :D

loyal4ever

Jun 14, 2011
xdarkmario, you remind me of Dark-Alex :good:

Keep up the good work. I didn't try the rom yet but I will, once v0.2 released :)

rubbergnome

Oct 23, 2011
yeah, me too. and about that... what firmware do i need to install before flashing the rom, together with doomkernel ics? maybe the sony official beta?

rubbergnome

Oct 23, 2011
nice, thanks a lot! also, what are you going to include in the new version? cause i may choose to just install the first one right away if the second doesn't really upgrade anything.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey people!

This is my first Sony Ericsson ice cream sandwich rom. And the purpose of this rom was because I was tired of downloading hundreds of roms for my xperia play and all of them having some kind of pros and cons, like one would look really nice and fast but not have any touchpad support and vice versa.

So far i have tested mostly everything and found no errors, My phone is a R800x and therefore I can't test 3G/service so test it for me and tell me how it goes! :laugh:

UNLOCKED BOOTLOADER ONLY!

Download XDark ICS V0.1

Download XDark ICS V0.2

XDark ICS v0.2(Mirror)

V1 features
    *Features*
    -AROMA INSTALLER!
    -fast
    -WORKING WIFI! (tested with DooMKernel ICS BETA v03)
    -FULL TOUCHPAD SUPPORT!
    -based off stock Sony ICS/GB launcher
    -xLOUD included
    -MIUI music player
    -new Sony wigets and live wallpapers
    -Fully rooted
    -removed blotware
    -Screen Snapshot (hold power+Vol down)
    -link2SD
    -and much more!!

v2 updates

*CHANGELOG/ UPDATE LIST*
    -New lockscreen
    -fixed lockscreen media player
    -added torch app
    -NEW YOUTUBE APP!
    -added more xperia S features (apps)
    -cosmic flow live wallpaper (Xperia S live wallpaper)
    -updated ES file browser
    -fixed download ui

~XDark ICS V3 Canceled~

Unfortunately XDark ics v3 is Canceled, My phone is giving up on me slowly. for flashing back and forth between roms and kernels my xperia play is starting to suffer from a faulty NAND chip and wont function correctly on certain android versions. So i have flashed back to factory and might remain their. Sorry for the inconvenience:(
    It seems that people are very interested in this whole touch pad thing. I already said what I did and pointed you in the direction of it. The the touch pad files all rely in the FRAMEWORK and lib. The framework-Res.apk is in regular android but the jar files are ported from gingerbread because the touch pads worked there right? So anyone with a little or intermediate knowledge of Java coding can re write the jar files seeing how android is compiled of Linux, a little of C+ coding and Java. Then the all you do is edit and sign the input.jar, framework-Res.apk and framework.jar. as for the drivers they all reside in lib folder. is that so hard? :what:

Android 4.0.4 Changelog from 4.0.3:

- Stability improvements
    - Better camera performance
    - Smoother screen rotation
    - Improved phone number recognition

Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Android_version_history

OK I'll try to update my sources now

My xdark ICS v0.2 is just about finished people! I am just compiling and final testing ny Rom.

Beamed from my R800x using xda premium
    So now we're badmouthing the only dev that managed to get the touchpads working?

Everyone suddenly jumps on the attack bandwagon and didn't even wait for the guy to say anything. He is probably working on the new version of the rom. Give him some time. Every single dev here want's to have a killer function that makes their rom special, and seemingly so does he. Eventually I'm sure everyone will get the fix.

This way you'll just frustrate the dev so he quits and never shares his finds. I have no idea what thought process results in saying "let's not download the rom till he says what he did" !?

Also it's not fair to criticize a dev when we have other devs around here pretty much saying: -"Donate" if you want a new version out, otherwise I won't have the motivation to develop.

For me that's the bigger crime.

I'm sorry for this little rant but this behavior is just revolting. People just want everything to be done the way they see fit, and on top of that it should be done right away, so they don't need to wait a day or two more.

The only thing that we, as users, are entitled to is the stock version that Sony included, and any potential official updates we get. Everything else is purely provided by the good will and effort of the devs on these forums. So to pester some of them with requests and threaten boycott because of something you think should happen, well, that's just plain wrong. And sad.

Keep up the good work xdarkmario, and all other great devs that give life to the Play. Cheers!