Asus Unlock App wont work, MAC Adresse / Serialnumber

Search This thread

BabelHuber

Sep 16, 2012
Nothing new here. I'm waiting for an answer from Asus.

I hope they simply fix the issue on their servers and I don't need to discuss about sending my tablet in. Perhaps it is a good sign that the answer takes a few days...

simplytheone

Dec 20, 2009
new ASUS message:

asus cant help me... only way is RMA...

all what i read the last days over RMA is... long time waiting and no fix...

i going today to the reseller and hope i can give the tablet back... **** asus... known problem but no support ;(

BabelHuber

Sep 16, 2012
new ASUS message:

asus cant help me... only way is RMA...

This is weird - I just have received a mail from Asus which states that my problem has been forwarded to Taiwan and will be fixed during the next 3-4 days.

I just describe what I did, perhaps this helps you:

- First I called the Asus Germany hotline. There I already got the 2 MAC-addresses which are stored at Asus for my device so I could check whether this is the problem

- Then I was told I should wait a few days, usually it works, then

- After a few days I called again. I got a new ticket ID and was told to open an online ticket where I should reference the ticket ID provided. I did.

- First answer: Serial Number/ MAC needed. ==> Sent them the MAC/ S/N

- Second answer: Have you rebootet, have you factory reset, have you tried another access point? ==> I answered yes, yes and yes. Then I wrote that my tablet works correctly, that my MAC address has already been verified, that on XDA there are a lot of users with the same problem and that I can provide Logcats to proof that the Asus-server rejects my request

- Third answer: Forwarded to Taiwan now. :)

Good Luck!

simplytheone

Dec 20, 2009
This is weird - I just have received a mail from Asus which states that my problem has been forwarded to Taiwan and will be fixed during the next 3-4 days.

I just describe what I did, perhaps this helps you:

- First I called the Asus Germany hotline. There I already got the 2 MAC-addresses which are stored at Asus for my device so I could check whether this is the problem

- Then I was told I should wait a few days, usually it works, then

- After a few days I called again. I got a new ticket ID and was told to open an online ticket where I should reference the ticket ID provided. I did.

- First answer: Serial Number/ MAC needed. ==> Sent them the MAC/ S/N

- Second answer: Have you rebootet, have you factory reset, have you tried another access point? ==> I answered yes, yes and yes. Then I wrote that my tablet works correctly, that my MAC address has already been verified, that on XDA there are a lot of users with the same problem and that I can provide Logcats to proof that the Asus-server rejects my request

- Third answer: Forwarded to Taiwan now. :)

Good Luck!

all this points i have done... but the supporter say: the Boss denied to do this and the only way is RMA...

wtf...

BabelHuber

Sep 16, 2012
Finally I could unlock my tablet!

This is proof that the Asus Server was the problem, not my tablet.

Good luck to all who still have to convince the Asus support to forward their ticket to Taiwan!

wenchien

Jul 15, 2010
Exactly same problem here... :(
Opened a ticket via vip.asus.com. Since north Taiwan is off today due to typhoon, no reply yet.

krugm0f0

Feb 17, 2010
OnePlus 2
OnePlus X
My answer from customer support. Totally off topic. The tablet is OK, asus servers not.

Hi,

If you want, we can take it to service, and check it there.

Please go the rma.asus.no and fill eee products pickup form, necessary case id you can find on this mail subcjet fiel.

Ystävällisin Terveisin / Best Regards,

Hannu

ASUS Customer Service

Sent from my HTC One using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    i dont think asus helps me... i wrote 3 emails to asus with small questions to the tablet and i have never get any request or onformation from asus...

Try pm "asus_usa" in this forum, he's a rep for Asus.
    Update: Still does not work.

Called Asus again and the hotline-guy confirmed that this is most likely a problem with the Asus server. He opened a ticket and I had to create an additional ticket via the Asus support-page.

I was promised to get an answer within 48 hours, so let's see...
    I have RMA'd my device twice, after getting my mainboard replaced, to get the MAC-address fixed.
    Both times I got my device back without a fix and no possibility to unlock / root / downgrade or anything.

I contacted ASUS Germany again and asked for them to see if ASUS HQ in Taiwan can fix the issue as they appear to be able to as reported by a guy in this topic: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1795156
    They replied that they would contact ASUS HQ.
    I emailed Tien about this issue last night and he responded that they are aware of the problem and it's up to Asus HQ to fix the problem with the unlock tool. The issue is occuring with tablets that are brand new, bought when the unit first came out, have had RMA service, and they don't know why this is occuring. Being that the tool would void warranty it isn't exactly a high priority for them to solve. He actually apologized for the incovience and run around I got from email/phone support. There are people in Asus who care about the products and customers.

Calling in is really a chance in what end result you get. Some reps won't help because the "unlock" tool isn't supported by them and voids warranty. Same with the device tracker website. One rep I spoke with had no idea what the tracker was and kept insisiting that it wasn't an Asus product and supported by them. The real solution is finding a way to pressure\get Asus HQ to address the problem with the tool. They have already made the sale and profit from us buying the tablet and the warrning about voiding warranty is clear. It free's them of any further obligation to the device and means they can save money by not having to support hardware\software failures caused by the owners desire to modfiy things.

Till then I'll try a few times through the day and maybe get lucky with the tool working.
    Please, do report on your progress-or lack thereof..

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk 4

No reply yet, but " ( status: IN PROGRESS )" now..