Stuck on getting back to stock

Search This thread

rkiller51

Oct 20, 2011
Last edited:

alray

Inactive Recognized Contributor
May 22, 2012
But I got my phone as 1.55HBOOT and with 3.63.161.6 not 1.29.161.7 would they be able to notice ?
Isn't there a way I can keep my HBOOT ROM and recovery AND S-on my device ?

Mate, the way to do this is how @SaHiLzZ and @nkk71 explained you earlier. If there was another way to do it, they would have already explained you. No more to say. Do it like they said or don't but make up your mind.

rkiller51

Oct 20, 2011
You are refusing to understand. How about you do what you think is best.
I am not refusing to understand I am just trying . I I'll send it with a diffrenet HBOOT/ROM they might understand that I tempered with my phone and refuse to fix it, the company that handels the warranty in my country is very strict and are lookinf every reason to avoid fixing phones.
I really think I am asking legit questions, I just dont want to do somthing wrong and have to pay for a new camera.
I only asked if they might found out and refuse to fix it, as I am using a different HBOOT and ROM.
I am not from germany or Vodefone my phone is imported and the ROM that came with it might be the only spefic one the store imported, that is why I am asking too many question.
Mate, the way to do this is how @SaHiLzZ and @nkk71 explained you earlier. If there was another way to do it, they would have already explained you. No more to say. Do it like they said or don't but make up your mind.
I don't understand what they are saying, you have to understand that I know NOTHING about HTC devices.

Thanks everybody for helping.::good:
Edit:
Ohh I think I get it, what I need to do is:
You are going to have to flash 1.44HBOOT, and then restore a CWM using http://www.htc1guru.com/dld/m7-cwm-n...1-29-161-7-7z/ and then go S-ON
than
-1. Install Stock Backup using TWRP/GuruReset/whatever works
0. Now proceed with custom recovery
1. Root
2. Install stock recovery
3. Use http://xdaforums.com/show....php?t=2475914 to LOCK your bootloader
4. Unroot from within SuperSU app

?

Last edited:

alray

Inactive Recognized Contributor
May 22, 2012
Edit:
You are going to have to flash 1.44HBOOT, and then restore a CWM using http://www.htc1guru.com/dld/m7-cwm-n...1-29-161-7-7z/ and then go S-ON
than
1. Root

?
Yes just be sure to s-on before you get hboot 1.55 via ota updates....:rolleyes:

Reactions: rkiller51

nkk71

Inactive Recognized Developer / Contributor
May 26, 2010
Beirut
Edit:
than
1. Root

?

I don't know why I still bother responding to this thread :confused::rolleyes:

Which guide are you following????? Where did you get the above stuff from??? (Do you purposely have the full intention of doing it wrong??) :rolleyes::rolleyes::eek::eek:

So I'm gonna give this one more try:

You obviously have an obsession with hboot version, but you do realize that hboot gets updated with firmware? So when you take OTA updates, hboot is going to get updated too!!!
^^ is that understood? can we stop the constant hboot questions now??

Here's what you're going to do:
1- go to my guide and read the first post again including the FAQ, so you realize YOU CANNOT USE WIN8.1

2- download the recovery and Guru Bootloader Reset from the first post

3- download the ruu.zip and nandroid backup and stock recovery you need (the ones i mentioned somewhere before)

4- unzip the nandroid backup

5- place all these files and folder (the folder you get from the nandroid) in your adb/fastboot folder

6- go to post #4 in my guide and FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS (don't invent stuff, just follow the instructions)
----> in step 6 of the guide you will receive your first OTA, which will be either another 1.xx (still hboot 1.44) or 2.xx (hboot 1.54), and STOP after 1st OTA
----> when the 1st OTA completes successfully, you go S-ON
----> after that, you can take the rest of OTAs to 3.xx (hboot 1.55), and if you receive 4.xx update hboot will be upgraded to 1.56

for a "walkthrough" you can take a look and post #7 in my guide, it has all the command prompt outputs and pictures of what you can expect.

rkiller51

Oct 20, 2011
I don't know why I still bother responding to this thread :confused::rolleyes:

Which guide are you following????? Where did you get the above stuff from??? (Do you purposely have the full intention of doing it wrong??) :rolleyes::rolleyes::eek::eek:

So I'm gonna give this one more try:

You obviously have an obsession with hboot version, but you do realize that hboot gets updated with firmware? So when you take OTA updates, hboot is going to get updated too!!!
^^ is that understood? can we stop the constant hboot questions now??

Here's what you're going to do:
1- go to my guide and read the first post again including the FAQ, so you realize YOU CANNOT USE WIN8.1

2- download the recovery and Guru Bootloader Reset from the first post

3- download the ruu.zip and nandroid backup and stock recovery you need (the ones i mentioned somewhere before)

4- unzip the nandroid backup

5- place all these files and folder (the folder you get from the nandroid) in your adb/fastboot folder

6- go to post #4 in my guide and FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS (don't invent stuff, just follow the instructions)
----> in step 6 of the guide you will receive your first OTA, which will be either another 1.xx (still hboot 1.44) or 2.xx (hboot 1.54), and STOP after 1st OTA
----> when the 1st OTA completes successfully, you go S-ON
----> after that, you can take the rest of OTAs to 3.xx (hboot 1.55), and if you receive 4.xx update hboot will be upgraded to 1.56

for a "walkthrough" you can take a look and post #7 in my guide, it has all the command prompt outputs and pictures of what you can expect.
Great thanks for clearing that out !
After all of that. will "fastboot getvar all" show exacly that:
version: 0.5
version-bootloader: 1.55.0000
version-baseband: 4A.21.3263.04
version-cpld: None
version-microp: None
version-main: 3.63.161.6
version-misc: PVT SHIP S-ON
serialno: XXXXXXXXXXXX
imei: XXXXXXXXXXX
meid: 00000000000000
product: m7_ul
platform: HBOOT-8064
modelid: PN0710000
cidnum: VODAP102
battery-status: good
battery-voltage: 4075mV
partition-layout: Generic
security: on
build-mode: SHIP
boot-mode: FASTBOOT
commitno-bootloader: dirty-ea0bccbd
hbootpreupdate: 11
gencheckpt: 0

nkk71

Inactive Recognized Developer / Contributor
May 26, 2010
Beirut

If you follow the guide correctly, then YES it will show exactly that, and booloader will show LOCKED (not RELOCKED), won't have TAMPERED, and be S-On

if you also take the update to 4.xx.161.x (if it's out for VODAP102), then it will update the ROM to Android 4.4.2, firmware to 4.xx.161.x, and hboot to 1.56 (but you can stop at 3.63.161.6 if it makes you feel better)

rkiller51

Oct 20, 2011
If you follow the guide correctly, then YES it will show exactly that, and booloader will show LOCKED (not RELOCKED), won't have TAMPERED, and be S-On

if you also take the update to 4.xx.161.x (if it's out for VODAP102), then it will update the ROM to Android 4.4.2, firmware to 4.xx.161.x, and hboot to 1.56 (but you can stop at 3.63.161.6 if it makes you feel better)

OK thanks alot for all of your help, even if I was an annoying noob, remember everyone was annoying noobs once:victory::good::laugh:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    But I got my phone as 1.55HBOOT and with 3.63.161.6 not 1.29.161.7 would they be able to notice ?
    Isn't there a way I can keep my HBOOT ROM and recovery AND S-on my device ?

paste the output of "fastboot getvar all" from bootloader, remove IMEI & S/N from it

Sent from my One using Tapatalk

Thank you !

are you using Windows 8.1?

oh :(
    it's a known issue in Windows 8.1 with fastboot :(
    can you do this on any other PC with Windows 7 or try Ubuntu
    check this LINK
    or try these DRIVERS