Google Now Launcher KitKat only

Search This thread

jimakos29

Oct 31, 2010
Kilkis
KitKat only.
Here is the Google Now Launcher with integrated google now and always listening for "ok google now" enabled. Just set voice in google now options to English US and check Hotword detection option and it will listen all the time :)
http://d-h.st/JAr
Edit. Go to settings/security and tick allow unknown sources, then open it in any file explorer and it will install normally.

Last edited:

nnbengboy2

Jul 31, 2012
This doesn't work on all devices. My Verizon Galaxy S4 gives a parsing error.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using xda app-developers app

SiCRider

Jan 5, 2011
Yes that would be a good idea... Doesn't work on 4.2.2

Sent from my LG-D803 using Tapatalk

showson1

Dec 10, 2009
Working great for me on 4.4.2 with two issues.

1. Certain widgets don't work
  2. "OK Google" Doesn't work. Mic icon is soild and it says say OK Google.. but then the mic icon goes hollow and the voice command doesn't work. Hotword detection is on and English US is selected.

Deusdies

May 24, 2010
Minneapolis, MN, USA

2. "OK Google" Doesn't work. Mic icon is soild and it says say OK Google.. but then the mic icon goes hollow and the voice command doesn't work. Hotword detection is on and English US is selected.
I can confirm #2. Don't really want to install the old version of the GEL as per T1RaeL's post, would rather wait for this to be fixed. Hotword detection is not a huge issue for me.

jimakos29

Oct 31, 2010
Kilkis

Lg widgets work with lg launcher only so weather widget for example won't work with other launcher. "Ok google" works (tested in two different g2) but phone needs to be unlocked. It won't wake up ur phone unless it is a moto x. Neither the version I posted nor the one that is posted by the guy above. It is always listening as long as the phone is awake and u are not in any application (i.e game etc)

Sfkn2

Feb 10, 2009
Seattle, WA
Also confirmed that LG weather widget does not work on with the GEL launcher. In addition, my wallpapers are squished. Hitting home from Google Now does not bring me back to the main screen, unlike the Nexus 5's launcher.

'OK Google' works when you have the offline speech recognition pack downloaded.

If that still does not work, LG's KK update turned on the 'on screen phone' in accessibility, which interferes with hot keyword recognition.

Please let me know if others are experiencing the same issue.

Last edited:
Reactions: og2883 and showson1

og2883

Jan 26, 2013
Dallas
Also confirmed that LG weather widget does not work on with the GEL launcher. In addition, my wallpapers are squished. Hitting home from Google Now does not bring me back to the main screen, unlike the Nexus 5's launcher.

If that still does not work, LG's KK update turned on the 'on screen phone' in accessibility, which interferes with hot keyword recognition.

Thanks for this it worked for me turning off on screen phone

Reactions: raphael888

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    KitKat only.
    Here is the Google Now Launcher with integrated google now and always listening for "ok google now" enabled. Just set voice in google now options to English US and check Hotword detection option and it will listen all the time :)
    http://d-h.st/JAr
    Edit. Go to settings/security and tick allow unknown sources, then open it in any file explorer and it will install normally.

Thanks but.. How do we install it?

Sent from my LG-D803 using Tapatalk

Like any normal app. Allow unknown sources and open it with any file explorer. It will instal normally. Btw i have found that commands like "set an alarm" only work if u got device language in english us. Enjoy
    This doesn't work on all devices. My Verizon Galaxy S4 gives a parsing error.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using xda app-developers app

Well this is the g2 forum and I got it installed on mine as we speak. Also I think it needs Kitkat to run.
    Did anybody test this on the G2 with 4.4.2?

Thanks!

Yeah, it works great on my D802 4.4.2!