[21/02/12][LWP][ICS] Galaxy S II live walllpaper with day/night & weather animations

Search This thread

Rawat

Jun 7, 2010
London
[21/02/12][LWP][ICS] Galaxy S II live walllpaper with day/night & weather animations

I've attached the live wallpapers from SGS II. Just install them like a normal apk, but be warned that at 8mb and 11mb they are rather large.

They should work on any device with WVGA resolution, and have also been reported to work on Galaxy Tab. However, they may not work if your device has non-standard DPI settings.

Secret Wallpaper 1 is a beach scene and Secret Wallpaper 2 features windmills running peacefully along the country side. Both wallpapers use your GPS co-ordinates or coarse location to change the weather depicted in the scene, and to switch from day to night.

Smartkeitai editor CJ Lippstreu has made two videos showing the live wallpapers for SmartKeitai.com Please hit like on their video, and subscribe to their channel for more smartphone videos.

Beach:

bAUyW.png
iRgUL.png
u3rhq.png
6COWx.png

Windmill:

QOtY6.png
PtLxB.png
LqYXE.png
w0jvT.png

~Rawat

Beach one was too large to attach, so here's a mediafire link

EDIT: 07/12/2011 updated apks to latest version from Galaxy S II. The files have a smaller install size.

At the time of uploading the newer version, SecretWallpaper2.apk had 61111 downloads.

EDIT: 21/02/2012 updated apks to latest version from Galaxy S II ICS leak. The files have a smaller size, and work on my TouchPad Running ICS :cool:

Windy weather = Windmill Live Wallpaper
Ocean weather = Beach Live Wallpaper

Attachments

• SecretWallpaper2.apk
    4.3 MB · Views: 57,541
  • SecretWallpaper1.apk
    7.6 MB · Views: 41,820
Last edited:

skymera

Mar 28, 2010
Hm, don't seem to work on HD2.

Just black, white and blocky :(

EDIT: They do work, but only at 240dpi. I use 190, shame :(

Last edited:
Reactions: Rawat

Rozza C

Jun 17, 2010
London, UK
Just installed both on my Desire Z.

I prefer the windmill one personally but both are pretty awesome.

Thanks a lot man! :D

Mylenthes

Aug 6, 2010
Runs horribly on my dz/g2. I'm using stock gingerbread launcher and my homescreen lags and app drawer too.

Edit: This always happens to me. All the stock lwps rrun beautifully, but all other lwps run horrible. It saddens me greatly.

Last edited:

Rawat

Jun 7, 2010
London
What’s that battery indicator app/widget do you have on the Notification Bar? Please share.
That's a battery icon based on flightspit (sp?)'s work on the desire forum that made its way to the Galaxy S i9000 forum. It involves a custom framework-res.apk modification, and your phone has to be rooted. What phone do you have?

Runs horribly on my dz/g2. I'm using stock gingerbread launcher and my homescreen lags and app drawer too.

Edit: This always happens to me. All the stock lwps run beautifully, but all other lwps run horrible. It saddens me greatly.
Yeah, the wallpaper needs a bit of grunt to run properly. After all, it was designed for Galaxy S II which has a powerful A9 SoC

1976AD

Apr 18, 2011
Custom DPI ... It does work..

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Incorrect, my G2X has custom dpi of 180 not 240, it works just fine... So maybe it doesnt work on some phones, but not on all with custom DPI...

Reactions: Rawat

theduderoni

Apr 5, 2011
Both work on the Thunderbolt. But the beach scene suffers from slower frame rates on the animation of the water. The windmills look great.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

I've attached the live wallpapers from SGS II. Just install them like a normal apk, but be warned that at 8mb and 11mb they are rather large.

They should work on any device with WVGA resolution, and have also been reported to work on Galaxy Tab. However, they may not work if your device has non-standard DPI settings.

Secret Wallpaper 1 is a beach scene and Secret Wallpaper 2 features windmills running peacefully along the country side. Both wallpapers use your GPS co-ordinates or coarse location to change the weather depicted in the scene, and to switch from day to night.

Smartkeitai editor CJ Lippstreu has made two videos showing the live wallpapers for SmartKeitai.com Please hit like on their video, and subscribe to their channel for more smartphone videos.

Beach:

bAUyW.png
    iRgUL.png
    u3rhq.png
    6COWx.png

Windmill:

QOtY6.png
    PtLxB.png
    LqYXE.png
    w0jvT.png

~Rawat

Beach one was too large to attach, so here's a mediafire link

EDIT: 07/12/2011 updated apks to latest version from Galaxy S II. The files have a smaller install size.

At the time of uploading the newer version, SecretWallpaper2.apk had 61111 downloads.

EDIT: 21/02/2012 updated apks to latest version from Galaxy S II ICS leak. The files have a smaller size, and work on my TouchPad Running ICS :cool:

Windy weather = Windmill Live Wallpaper
    Ocean weather = Beach Live Wallpaper

updated apks added to first post
    Perfect install on 2. 1 xperia x 10

EDIT: what does it do? Says tracks weather change but doesn't ask for location

Sent from my X10a using XDA Premium App
    For me it's working, had to push it into system/app.