Battery Stats Thread - XL edition!

Search This thread

toastyy

Dec 10, 2010
Burnaby
Since the international one X owners have their own thread for battery life, I figured we deserve one too :D.

If you have a sec, why not post some screenshots of your battery usage/display specifics and describe what your usage is like? Be sure to mention whatever you have done to improve your battery life!:)

Unfortunately I haven't picked my one x up yet so I cannot contribute, but soon!

Reactions: Italulu

theli0ntamer

Nov 5, 2008
Just got mine... Before you ask, yes, I am an at&t employee... So far my battery life seems decent... I will say that yesterday my battery life was awesome... Pulled 20 hours of moderate use before I hit 5%. I'm going to really push it today and I'll report back soon...

Sent from my HTC One X using xda premium

BarryH_GEG

Jan 16, 2009
Spokane, Washington
Just got mine... Before you ask, yes, I am an at&t employee... So far my battery life seems decent... I will say that yesterday my battery life was awesome... Pulled 20 hours of moderate use before I hit 5%. I'm going to really push it today and I'll report back soon...

Helpful hint...

One person's "moderate" can be another person's "light." Post screen caps (when possible) when reporting your battery life. Also, without doubt, the display is the number one consumer of battery so you should post a shot of your display on time too.

Mine (international) yesterday...

7100701671_f0434f9aea.jpg
7100701731_217ce40457.jpg

gn0s1s

Oct 7, 2007
Vancouver
Helpful hint...

One person's "moderate" can be another person's "light." Post screen caps (when possible) when reporting your battery life. Also, without doubt, the display is the number one consumer of battery so you should post a shot of your display on time too.

Mine (international) yesterday...

7100701671_f0434f9aea.jpg
7100701731_217ce40457.jpg

The screen on time should be posted too, That could be 3 hours of screen time, or 30 minutes.

Reactions: droidiac13

bebolf

Apr 5, 2011
Rogers HTC One X.
This is my stats after 2nd full charge on the brand new device.

Sorry forgot to take the screen of graph before I started the third charge, but it still shows the usage during 2nd charge..

Edit:
The longer chunks of screen on time were YouTube video playbacks.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1335136043022.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1335136043022.jpg
    161.3 KB · Views: 3,277
  • uploadfromtaptalk1335136061668.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1335136061668.jpg
    145.7 KB · Views: 3,322
  • uploadfromtaptalk1335136069744.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1335136069744.jpg
    117.5 KB · Views: 2,207
Last edited:

danada

Apr 20, 2012
Toronto
This is on my first charge, so things might not be too accurate.

~dan

Attachments

• 2012-04-22_19-06-12.jpg
    2012-04-22_19-06-12.jpg
    22.3 KB · Views: 1,951

bebolf

Apr 5, 2011
Just youtube? Youtube is actually quite draining because of constant loading of data and cpu. 5hrs use with mostly youtube is very impressive battery life. Now please test again with mostly web browsing.

Haha can't promise to do web browsing for that long without some kind of testing toolkit. I'll leave phone on LTE and observe another battery cycle with my regular usage (mixed of browsing, texting, a few calls, and some drawing something...)

gn0s1s

Oct 7, 2007
Vancouver
Haha can't promise to do web browsing for that long without some kind of testing toolkit. I'll leave phone on LTE and observe another battery cycle with my regular usage (mixed of browsing, texting, a few calls, and some drawing something...)

5 hours is excellent! What was the brightness level at?

nativestranger

Aug 18, 2010

That would be great. I am we would also like to know the runtime difference between wifi, hspa and LTE.

DrDubzz

Jan 4, 2011

any chance you'd post a picture or two of it? I'm curious what the AT&T version ended up looking like.

mesasone

Jul 14, 2010
Eastern Iowa
5 hours of screen on time is pretty epic! I hope this is the standard and not an outlier.

I know the phone has a large display, but it's not the actual display that uses so much power on the international version. It's not entirely clear what exactly "Display" encompasses in the battery stats screen, but the international version can sustain the display for over 10 hours on a single charge. So perhaps GPU usage is also included in the "Display" category.

In any case, over 5 hours screen on time is a heartening statistic.

BarryH_GEG

Jan 16, 2009
Spokane, Washington
the international version can sustain the display for over 10 hours on a single charge.

Nope. Typically it's mid to high 3ish with 12-15ish hours per charge cycle. Some people have done better by deactivating anything that uses power but, to me, that's a useless benchmark. And I'm assuming bebolf's results were using the phone as normal with LTE off. If that's using LTE streaming YouTube than praise the Lord, we have ourselves a miracle.

My international version is getting about 20-30% less time on per charge being used exactly the same as my former i9100. It seems to be improving with cycles but I'm not expecting a miracle. People truly underestimated what Qualcomm was able to do with the S4. Its weakest link though is graphics so we'll have to see how that plays out after you guys have had some time to play with it.

nativestranger

Aug 18, 2010
Nope. Typically it's mid to high 3ish with 12-15ish hours per charge cycle. Some people have done better by deactivating anything that uses power but, to me, that's a useless benchmark. And I'm assuming bebolf's results were using the phone as normal with LTE off. If that's using LTE streaming YouTube than praise the Lord, we have ourselves a miracle.

My international version is getting about 20-30% less time on per charge being used exactly the same as my former i9100. It seems to be improving with cycles but I'm not expecting a miracle. People truly underestimated what Qualcomm was able to do with the S4. Its weakest link though is graphics so we'll have to see how that plays out after you guys have had some time to play with it.

There is another question of performance. If the international has 2 hrs less screen time but able to perform tasks twice faster as a result of having 2 extra cores then its not as straight forward as it first seems. Antutu already showed that the one x is up over 60% faster than the xl. This could translate into faster loading of applications, webpages and applications that takes significantly less time to process. In the end you may not need as much screen time on the one x compared to the xl.

BarryH_GEG

Jan 16, 2009
Spokane, Washington
There is another question of performance. If the international has 2 hrs less screen time but able to perform tasks twice faster as a result of having 2 extra cores then its not as straight forward as it first seems. Antutu already showed that the one x is up over 60% faster than the xl. This could translate into faster loading of applications, webpages and applications that takes significantly less time to process. In the end you may not need as much screen time on the one x compared to the xl.

So I'll be able to watch a movie twice as fast on the international version? ;)

Read these two articles and tell me how you feel afterward...

Teg3

http://semiaccurate.com/2011/11/09/tegra-3-missed-performance-goals-by-wide-margins/

S4/Krait

http://www.anandtech.com/show/5559/...ormance-preview-msm8960-adreno-225-benchmarks

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Rogers HTC One X.
    This is my stats after 2nd full charge on the brand new device.

Sorry forgot to take the screen of graph before I started the third charge, but it still shows the usage during 2nd charge..

Edit:
    The longer chunks of screen on time were YouTube video playbacks.
    This is a follow up battery stats from my previous post here:
    http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=25186605&postcount=5

During the last battery cycle my One X spent about 1/3 time on texting, emails, and other things... and the 2/3 was all youtube video playbacks on wifi ONLY.

Screenshots included with this post show the battery stats of my 3rd battery cycle.

The phone was on LTE the entire time (1-3 bars), auto-brightness on, and just to put things into perspective I collected the following stats as well:
    1. data uage: 337 MB (LTE)
    2. calls: 6 s (lol just for the reference)
    3. SMS sent/received: 125

Edit:
    Forgot to mention the things I did during that cycle: SMS, emails, a few youtube videos, web browsing, two rounds of draw something, a couple photos, no camcording, and some other miscellaneous apps.

Edit 2:
    Just realized that the usage stats might be more since they only show the usages during April 23. I started the cycle in April 22 evening.
    D
    Deleted member 3452239
    And you guys praise sense

Sent from my Nexus 4
    I don't know how you guys manage to pull off only about 3 hours of screen time over the course of a day. My phone is my life, In an average day I generally have 5+ hours of screen time.
    Because we have jobs? I mean... You might too but this phone sits in my pocket when I'm working most of the day.

But 5 hours screen time is great.

So I'll be able to watch a movie twice as fast on the international version? ;)

Read these two articles and tell me how you feel afterward...

Teg3

http://semiaccurate.com/2011/11/09/tegra-3-missed-performance-goals-by-wide-margins/

S4/Krait

http://www.anandtech.com/show/5559/...ormance-preview-msm8960-adreno-225-benchmarks