[CDMA] x3reme Sense v5 OTA

Search This thread

rickyx32

Sep 5, 2012
Los Angeles
Re: [CDMA] x3reme Sense

I like to keep it like how it is in my signature at 1.709GHz. I got 3230 using this frequency, but it does vary between 3128-3230 most of the time. The few times I did it using 1.901GHz it varied from 3009-3450, so I thought I'd keep just keep it at 1.709GHz for when I play intensive games.

There are few times when you do get a pretty low score, but I'm not sure what causes it. Maybe it's a background process during the benchmark that botches it, or maybe just an app error or the OC app, but I don't know.

Sent from my HTC One V

Last edited:

zedorda

Apr 26, 2011
Just wanted to share the experience I had when trying your ROM the first time. In an effort to help others that may run into this issue them self's.

I followed the instructions to the letter and was having an error just trying to install the ROM. I was running TWRP 2.3.3.0 and I saw that there was a newer version so maybe that was why the flash was glitching. I upgraded my recovery to the latest 2.4.0.1 but still same error. After researching the error to maybe find the source it turns out the error was kernel related. So I improvised and flashed the boot.img before trying to install the ROM against the instructed method and that fixed it right up. I still did the full wipe before and rewiped the dalvik and cache at the end. This may not be needed when updating the ROM.

P.S. There is an update to Google Now on the play store but is not compatible with our device?

Last edited:

rickyx32

Sep 5, 2012
Los Angeles

The fault doesn't really lie with TWRP, just follow these instructions when installing any ROM involving ICS/Sense and the HTC One V.

1) Do a factory reset in TWRP, it may say that it failed, but it does do it.
2) Wipe the system.
3) Wipe the cache.
4) Wipe the dalvik.
5) Flash the ROM, and reboot to bootloader.
6) Flash the boot.img using fastboot, and go into recovery.
7) Wipe the cache and dalvik once again.
8) Reboot to system.

Sent from my HTC One V

zedorda

Apr 26, 2011
Never said the problem was TWRP. The problem is that the kernel I was running did not have the ability to properly flash the ROM. The kernel is loaded while in TWRP so flashing the kernel was required for me to be able to flash this ROM. The error I was getting was a kernel error dealing with large files. If you want to recreate the problem I was having simply download PACman ROM 19.3 and go through the full flashing bit proper. I was able to twice just so I knew it was the issue.

rickyx32

Sep 5, 2012
Los Angeles
Never said the problem was TWRP. The problem is that the kernel I was running did not have the ability to properly flash the ROM. The kernel is loaded while in TWRP so flashing the kernel was required for me to be able to flash this ROM. The error I was getting was a kernel error dealing with large files. If you want to recreate the problem I was having simply download PACman ROM 19.3 and go through the full flashing bit proper. I was able to twice just so I knew it was the issue.

Ah okay, I don't think I've ever had that problem. Lately I've been trying out all the JB ROMs and then reverting back to ICS after a while. Which kernel did 19.3 use?

Last edited:

x3reme85

Dec 8, 2011
Nice looking clock widget and rosie launcher get them while there hot hahaa..

Use root explorer or any similar app

copy and paste to /system/app/

and set permissions to 0664 -r-r-rw

Reboot and Enjoy!! :laugh:

Attachments

• HtcClockWidget.apk
    655.8 KB · Views: 21
  • Rosie.apk
    953.9 KB · Views: 24
Reactions: rickyx32

rickyx32

Sep 5, 2012
Los Angeles
Nice looking clock widget and rosie launcher get them while there hot hahaa..

Use root explorer or any similar app

copy and paste to /system/app/

and set permissions to 0664 -r-r-rw

Reboot and Enjoy!! :laugh:

Do you have to have the latest ROM release? I have the 121712 and I lost access to the phone since the rosie didn't work. I had to extract the old Rosie.apk from the ROM and make it flashable in TWRP. How about the clock app? I haven't tried it.

Last edited:

-Duir-

Feb 13, 2012
California
OnePlus 6T

Random thought, might be worth trying to flash the new rosie.apk in the zip and see if it works. Maybe there was an issue copying it like the permissions not sticking.

Sent from my One V using xda app-developers app

Reactions: rickyx32

rickyx32

Sep 5, 2012
Los Angeles
Random thought, might be worth trying to flash the new rosie.apk in the zip and see if it works. Maybe there was an issue copying it like the permissions not sticking.

Sent from my One V using xda app-developers app

Was thinking just that, I'll try it and report back :)

---------- Post added at 06:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:34 PM ----------

Flashing the rosie and clock widget worked like a charm :) Not sure what happened, I was using ES File Explorer with root access and it wrote the right permissions too, but oh well. These look nice! Not sure if I should wait for the next update to get the new icons and such, or just use the 020213 ROM??

GUImess

Sep 21, 2012

Wow. Don't ask for ETAs. Especially if you obviously know not to. You're not any more special than anyone else here, so I don't know why you think you can get away with it.

Sent from my One V using Tapatalk 2

rickyx32

Sep 5, 2012
Los Angeles
lol Calm down... x3reme85 and Curiousn00b are practically asking for it by teasing us like that! I think I'll just hold off on trying new ROMs on until these guys release theirs. Don't cast bait if you don't want the attention... duh!

Last edited:

-Duir-

Feb 13, 2012
California
OnePlus 6T
Was thinking just that, I'll try it and report back :)

---------- Post added at 06:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:34 PM ----------

Flashing the rosie and clock widget worked like a charm :) Not sure what happened, I was using ES File Explorer with root access and it wrote the right permissions too, but oh well. These look nice! Not sure if I should wait for the next update to get the new icons and such, or just use the 020213 ROM??

Using a file manager definitely doesn't work, I had the same problem trying it in my file manager too. Another thing that doesn't work is adding the two files to the ROM zip and flashing the whole thing. Tried that with the 02022013 version and all I get is the statusbar and a black screen and a message about HTC Setup Wizard has stopped working.

Once I get everything setup gonna try it again with a flashable zip.

EDIT: Waiting for the initial boot did the trick. Once the phone booted and the initial home screen setup finished I rebooted and flashed the zip and it's working now. So for anyone else running this rom that wants it I've included the flashable zip I made below. Also not sure what all is changed in Rosie, but I included a screenshot of the default home screen which shows some of the changes and the clock widget.

Attachments

• x3reme-update-signed.zip
    1.2 MB · Views: 17
  • 2013-02-27_04-42-05.jpg
    2013-02-27_04-42-05.jpg
    29.3 KB · Views: 129
Last edited:

rickyx32

Sep 5, 2012
Los Angeles

Yup, I have two aroma based zip installers and I can flash normal apps right after flashing the ROM, but system bound apps seem to flash best after initial boot up.

I'm dying to get those icons, but I could never match the speed I get from the 121712 in the later x3reme sense ROMs or any other for that matter...

Sent from my HTC One V

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1361978629910.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1361978629910.jpg
    70.5 KB · Views: 131

-Duir-

Feb 13, 2012
California
OnePlus 6T

I may flash back to that one this one is giving me issues now. For some reason I can't use internet unless I'm on WiFi. Only thing different about how I installed the ROM this time is those 2 new APKs.

Sent from my HTC One V using xda app-developers app

rickyx32

Sep 5, 2012
Los Angeles

So are you locked out of data, or are your speed just too slow? Mine is working well with the two apks

Sent from my HTC One V

rickyx32

Sep 5, 2012
Los Angeles

That's lame, I can't think of anything of the top of my head, but I'll give 020213 a try tonight and see if I can replicate it. I also installed the apks separately, so I don't know if there's a difference there. I also don't think flashing these apks should've broken your data to begin, what's the relation? lol

Sent from my HTC One V

Top Liked Posts