Anyone use Moto-X on a motorbike

Search This thread

dr_strangetrick

Nov 5, 2006
Birmingham
Google Pixel 6
I upgraded to the Moto-X for the touchless controls as I commute to work and back on my motorbike and I was really unsatisfied with alternatives floating around to simulate touchless control.

Now when I am in my car and using my bluetooth headset the voice control works just fine, I can navigate, call and send quick messages no problem :)

But on my bike I use a Viper RSv-131 helmet which has bluetooth built in and I listen to local radio or music whilst I'm riding :) but my Moto-X does not respond when I cay Ok Google now or when I press the button on my helmet either :( I can answer incoming calls fine but thats it.

Does anyone else use a Moto-X on a motorcycle/motorbike or even a regular bicycle with bluetooth and do you have similar problems?

dr_strangetrick

Nov 5, 2006
Birmingham
Google Pixel 6
Have you tried Google>Settings>Voice>Bluetooth headset

Thanks Etcetra, I have bluetooth headset option turned on and it works using my BT headset in the car.

My gut reaction is my car headset is a regular over the ear BT headset but my helmet is like BT stereo headphones with a microphone and so I think it's a different kind of BT but I'm not an expert.

Any advice would be welcome