What's your protection

Search This thread

cautious911

Aug 12, 2009
Tampa, FL
Google Pixel 5a
post What kind of protective gear are you using at this very moment or planning to get ..

let's see I have. Otterbox defender with a anti fingerprint screen protector. I had just the otterbox but hated when the plastic got stuck to the screen now with the antifinger print it doesn't stick no more.

Sent from my PG86100 using XDA

GrimReaper24

Retired Forum Moderator
Feb 10, 2011
Lol I went tpu hybrid with a cheap screen protector .

Sent from my PG86100 using xda premium

lyon21

Feb 27, 2011
Chicago
I have an Otterbox Defender, a Ballistic SG and about 5 or 6 other cases. The only other one that I want to buy is the Ballistis HC.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using xda premium

notsointeresting

Mar 18, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Ghost Armor all around with the carbon fiber backing (they sold me on the carbon fiber) surrounded with an Otterbox Defender Series case with the screen protector taken off (because the Ghost Armor one stuck to the OtterBox one)

PS: not to step on any toes here, but i believe this belongs to the accessories section instead of theme and apps

Sent from my EVO 3D using Tapatalk 2

cautious911

Aug 12, 2009
Tampa, FL
Google Pixel 5a
Ghost Armor all around with the carbon fiber backing (they sold me on the carbon fiber) surrounded with an Otterbox Defender Series case with the screen protector taken off (because the Ghost Armor one stuck to the OtterBox one)

PS: not to step on any toes here, but i believe this belongs to the accessories section instead of theme and apps

Sent from my EVO 3D using Tapatalk 2

Actually yes I does lol but I posted while at work on my phone.... And didn't know how to delete it after I realized where I started thread...

Sent from my PG86100 using XDA

droiddawg

Dec 29, 2010
I have the seidio extended rugged case with the extended battery and holster. I had a scare yesterday with it. I just got to work and checked in on foursquare and I guess I didn't push it far enough into the holster, I opened my truck door and down it goes. The phone bounced on the face and did a roll bounce and landed on its back. Much to my amaze, phone is perfect which it should be with this exterior. From this day on, I will only buy seidio products. :)

sent from my AnthraX infused Evo3D running Newt's One S port using xda premium

osrix

Sep 18, 2008
My custom made ballistic Hc Extended and an otterbox small universal waterproof box!

Sent from my HTC EVO 3D X515m using xda premium

KB112

Jan 13, 2010
East SF-Bay Area
I'm a firm believer in TPU cases. They have saved my ass plenty of times. Plus they are light, cheap and relatively thin.

Sent from my HTC Flyer P510e using xda premium

JCM99

Feb 28, 2012
I bought body glove case from sprint when i first got my 3D. used it a lot but now i just roll with my phone naked. not the best move but i've taken pretty good care of it

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Sprint's TEP :D
    Ballistic HC! I often throw my phone around just to freak people out :p

Sent from my HTC EVO 3D X515m using Tapatalk 2
    Zagg and otterbox defender with the built in screen protector removed. I work in a machine shop so the bulk protection and covered ports are just what I need.

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk

Ya metal shavings suck when they stick to the speaker.

Sent from my PG86100 using xda premium
    Ballistic HC. Thinking of trying to mod (Dremel) it to fit an extended battery, but I worry about borking the kickstand if I do. Anyone try this yet? I've seen it work on different Evo's.

I did it a few months ago and its still going strong!
    Infact I just ordered the new version so i'm gonna do a V3!

V1 one was a bit rough but the pics below are V2 with no loss of kick stand and still fits in the holster with and without outer! :p

I just used a dremel with a 25mm saw attachment to cut the hole.
    Then some stuff called Q Bond which is a 2 part filler powder and glue to fill the gap and re-bond the 2 parts.
    I then used Miliput Black epoxy putty to smooth the outside. the 2nd to last pic is a aftermarket battery cover that I modded to fit, otherwise you cant use the vol and pwr keys!
    the reason its that shape is so the phone doesnt move inside the case + I messed it up abit with V1:eek:

Next time i'll use an original back cover for a slightly better fit inside and just cut a hole for the battery to poke through.

It works though man, when I first cut the case I was like..what have I done!? but with some patience and careful measuring to make the battery fit inside, it certainly can be done and its lasted some daily abuse from me.
    It only comes out of the case for the odd battery pull and some dust clearing form the inside.

The reason I'm getting the new version is so I dont have to used the silicone outer for the dust plugs + the HC screen protector is now seriously scratched up from stone dust...a good thing as it proves its protecting my phone :D