[App] [01/26/2009] TouchResponse 0.3.2 - Vibrate on touch

Search This thread

brsev

Aug 14, 2008
Confirming the known issue

Known Issues
  • Vibrate duration cannot be changed on Verizon vx6900 leaked 6.1 ROM

Of all the combinations of phones and ROMs, it's the one I'm using. :(
Apart from the durations settings, seems to work very well, I'll probably use it once it gets fixed. Thanks!

arturobandini

Sep 23, 2008
Paris
Great App ! Thank you ! :)

Works like a charm on my Blackstone (Touch HD). It's really useful.

My only concern is: is there any noticeable impact on the battery consumption?

Thank you for any feedback...:)

orlandojumpoff

Sep 6, 2007
nice.
i'd like to have it where it only vibrates while using the soft keyboard... sorta like feedback... hopefully i'll be able to use it only for that in the future... otherwise too many vibrations will make me crrrazy

arturobandini

Sep 23, 2008
Paris
The perfect vibration feedback would actually be the one used in the HTC game named TEETER, when the ball touch a the wall.

There should be a way to find into the manilla registry the command corresponding to the TEETER vib.

rainabba

Mar 16, 2008
HTC Vouge compatibility issue?

I have an HTC Vouge and I've been trying to get this sort of effect myself. I've tried many applications and as far as I can tell, with all the WM6.1 roms I've cooked or tried (and that's quite a few), this phone will ONLY vibrate for a fixed period of time. When you reset, or run Android, it will gladly vibrate for any given length though. Perhaps a driver issue? Something not being implemented? Please PM me if you want/need a hand with investigating this further.

yes that is how i close it. but still no go. :(

Well at least it's vibrating... When you change the duration in the settings app, are you clicking ok to close it? The settings don't go into effect until you click ok in the top right corner. If that doesn't do it, try setting it to a different value, close the settings app and then soft reset. The touch driver should load with the updated duration. If not, let me know. Thanks for the feedback.

EDIT: Just realized that the 'Known Issue' mentioning the Verizon 'Leaked ROM' was the issue I'm experiencing. The issue isn't a particular ROM though, it appears more likely to be WM6.1 on the 6900 period.

Last edited:

Biker1

Oct 28, 2008
Thank you for your hard work that you put into developing this program. Works real nicely on my Sprint Touch Diamond.
One suggestion would be not to have it vibrate while I am scrolling thru threads, in other words, while I am swiping from the beginning to the end of a thread or whatever I am viewing.
But thatis probably what others are suggesting when they mention that they would like to have the vibrate activate in SIP
only.
I notice some sporadic changes in the length of the vibrate duration while I am inputing text, but it happens so infrequently that it does not warrant me to change any settings.
Thanks again for the this great application.
By the way, I put the word out about your program on www.ppcgeeks.com and the members over there really like your program and the hard work you put into developing this program.
The thread over their has approximately 800 hits at this time and about 40 posts. :)

propagandax

Mar 14, 2008
Feature Request and Small bug on 01

Feature Request: I would love to be able to disable the vibration when the device is locked. I can feel it vibrating in my pocket if i bump it.

Small Bugs: I had the "Touch screen disabled after resuming from suspend" problem once yesterday on my touch pro but have not been able to replicate it, just loaded up 02 so I will keep an eye out. Also occasionally the vibration feedback is more intense (longer duration) when i click towards the middle of the screen, the previous poster said this happened on his keyboard but It happened to me on the keyboard and in SPB mobile shell interface. I hope that helps.

Thanks, this program is awesome!!

gps-lover

Feb 14, 2008
This is a super app!

Installed it on my Diamond and set Duration to 15 and then 20. It works exactly like Teeter game.

Thank you very much!

MrBazUK

Nov 21, 2006
Frome
LED settings for Diamond

Please would somebody post the settings (ie LED number) to get this working on my Diamond. Ive tried every value but it dosnt work.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

dkotoric

Jun 29, 2007
Ankeny
Hey I just wanted to say that this application is awsome by far the best Vibration application available. I'm using this for on the HTC Diamond.
One thing I want to bring up is I have my vibrations set to 15ms but sometimes when you click the start button it will actually vibrate like maybe 50ms instead of 15ms. It only happens maybe once out of 10 times and usually its always when you click the start icon on the screen.

nttdemented

Sep 20, 2008
Definitely very nice app! I'm using it on my Diamond since yesterday v0.1, gonna d/l v0.2 now to update a little. Only thing I'm noticing is the already reported issue where it sometimes vibrates a little longer but I only usually feel that when opening the start menu. Its been, I'd say 90% consistently 15ms stabs all the way through. Only thing I'd like to see is maybe a little more tweaking to get the stabs as stable as possible and adding exclusions/exceptions list for different programs and most of all an option to have this enabled only when the SIP is turned on and if possible, and I know it gets complicated here, only the screen area that the SIP takes up.

I'm going to be watching this one carefully, love it!

Amlethae

Dec 31, 2006
Brooklyn, NY
I love this app. I think it's a great addition to any WM phone. I particularly have the Xperia X1 and haven't tried .02 yet, but hope it fixes the touch-screen failure problem.

One suggestion though and I don't know how possible this really is:
It would be awesome if it only vibrated if you clicked on a viable/clickable thing. ex: if I click on the start button it vibrates, but if I click on an empty spot on my today screen that doesn't do anything when I click it, it doesn't vibrate. I expect this will add to the tactile feedback this application adds to WM.

Thanks for the work!