KF7HD No Drivers Found/Won't Install

Search This thread

Kareen

Apr 9, 2008
Sorry for probably posting something that's very common. Everything I try doesn't seem to work and I don't know what to do. I have 2 7" Kindle Fire HD's that I have previously rooted(quite some time ago). My PC HDD crashed and burned recently and I was attempting to sideload some stuff on to them, and I can't seem to figure out how I was able to get the ADB Drivers to install correctly when I first rooted these. ANy help would be greatly appreciated...:confused:

sd_shadow

Recognized Contributor / XDA Welcome Team
Sep 21, 2011
South Dakota
goo.gl
Motorola Droid X
Amazon Fire
Wrong Forum
I've requested that this thread be moved to 7" Kindle Fire HD Q&A, Help & Troubleshooting

The Kindle Fire HD 7 First Aide Tool has drivers,

but you should also see Windows Device Drivers and the Device Manager
note: written for original kindle but steps are similar
install drivers with First Aide, reboot pc, connect Kindle, update drivers in Device manager.
if that doesn't work, when updating drivers select drivers folder from First aide files, may need to uninstall old drivers, and reboot pc to get it to work.

Reactions: Kareen

Kareen

Apr 9, 2008
Ok, thanks. Sorry about posting in the wrong forum. :eek: I'll take a look at the links provided. :fingers-crossed:

Wrong Forum
I've requested that this thread be moved to 7" Kindle Fire HD Q&A, Help & Troubleshooting

The Kindle Fire HD 7 First Aide Tool has drivers,

but you should also see Windows Device Drivers and the Device Manager
note: written for original kindle but steps are similar
install drivers with First Aide, reboot pc, connect Kindle, update drivers in Device manager.
if that doesn't work, when updating drivers select drivers folder from First aide files, may need to uninstall old drivers, and reboot pc to get it to work.

Top Liked Posts