Question regarding Microsoft Surface RT

Search This thread

..alee

Sep 2, 2010
Toronto
I want to buy a Surface RT tablet and I found a local guy who is selling a brand new tablet at really cheap price. I wanted to ask that is there a way to check if the tablet is real or fake ?

Like any configuration ? Any test or any hidden command that i can execute which can confirm its identity ?

i know every phone has an IMEI number which i can cross check from phones settings > About menu with the one which is listed on the box.
Is there anything like this for Surface which I can cross check from the box and with the device/software inside ?

Thanks,

Last edited:

..alee

Sep 2, 2010
Toronto
i know every phone has an IMEI number which i can cross check from phones settings > About menu with the one which is listed on the box.
Is there anything like this for Surface which I can cross check from the box and with the device/software inside ?

SixSixSevenSeven

Dec 26, 2012

No, but nobody is known to be making fakes. And the guy above saying cannot jailbreak = fake, frankly doesnt have a clue

maikalwolf

Oct 3, 2013
jacksonville
Putin is Russian, not considered a European country. And you also just said that to a British citizen, aka european union member state...

Jorgkuiper is not an European moniker? And no offence was meant, I said it in jest!, as to a British citizen considering themselves a member of the European Union, again no offence meant, though I have met a few British soldiers during my military career who would consider themselves anything but, politically speaking maybe, but not something they would make a big deal over. As for Putin being Russian, okay you got me there, I admit the jest was very small in deed! Can we get back to Surface discussions now!:cool:

Cheers!

---------- Post added at 09:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:26 PM ----------

By the way Six, I have been reading your posts you have made in reply to others and will say that you have cleared some things for me as I prepare to receive my Surface RT that I purchased recently. Very educational and hope to learn more from your contributions.: good: