[Q] How to get XT926 back to stock

Search This thread

lloydsw

Feb 19, 2012
OnePlus 8T
Samsung Galaxy Tab S8
Man, I can't go off the grid for three days without coming back & finding the good news that KK can be rooted and phone can be unlocked.

So here's my problem: I am rooted and locked on JB. I've been using Safestrap for about a year to run alternate ROMS. I really don't know when it happened, but sometime earlier this year I went to boot into the stock rom slot and it just hangs and hangs. Obviously, I didn't care since I was happy with alternate roms.

But now with the ability to root & unlock my bootloader, I'm dying to get back to stock & get KK.

But I can't do the steps on here from other threads for getting back to stock so I can take the KK update.

Any ideas?

iBolski

But now with the ability to root & unlock my bootloader, I'm dying to get back to stock & get KK.

But I can't do the steps on here from other threads for getting back to stock so I can take the KK update.

Any ideas?

Why take the KK update? Flash the full FXZ.

Go here -> http://www.droidrzr.com/index.php/topic/46155-rootunlock-razr-hdm-build-183-kitkat-towel-root/

This will allow you to root and unlock your phone. Just follow Sam's directions. Read, read again and then, read one more time before attempting to actually do the steps.

You'll want to go to the first link for xt926 to fix your image (flash back to stock KK).

Then, follow the rest of the steps outlined to root and then unlock your phone.

Reactions: lloydsw

lloydsw

Feb 19, 2012
OnePlus 8T
Samsung Galaxy Tab S8

Go here -> http://www.droidrzr.com/index.php/topic/46155-rootunlock-razr-hdm-build-183-kitkat-towel-root/

This will allow you to root and unlock your phone. Just follow Sam's directions. Read, read again and then, read one more time before attempting to actually do the steps.

You'll want to go to the first link for xt926 to fix your image (flash back to stock KK).

Thanks. My problem is it requires USB 2.0 & I don't have, nor do I have access to a computer with USB 2.0. That's what I get for upgrading my laptop a few months back :(. Any other options that you're aware of?

iBolski

Thanks. My problem is it requires USB 2.0 & I don't have, nor do I have access to a computer with USB 2.0. That's what I get for upgrading my laptop a few months back :(. Any other options that you're aware of?

Not that I know of. You'll need to find a computer with USB 2.0. Some have stated USB 3.0 worked for them, but I'm all a little skeptical on that claim, but I have no way to prove nor disprove it, so I guess I have to take their word at face value.

lloydsw

Feb 19, 2012
OnePlus 8T
Samsung Galaxy Tab S8
Not that I know of. You'll need to find a computer with USB 2.0. Some have stated USB 3.0 worked for them, but I'm all a little skeptical on that claim, but I have no way to prove nor disprove it, so I guess I have to take their word at face value.

Maybe a different tack - will Matt Groff's utility do what I need? I haven't seen anything about it needing USB 2.0

iBolski

Thanks for the quick reply. I guess I'm just going to have to find a willing neighbor....

Is there a benefit to one method over the other?

SamuriHL's tools have recently been updated for all this KitKat stuff, so I would go with his stuff. He's been staying on top of this since Kit Kat was released for the HD and he's here and at the DroidRzr.com forums as well and is always willing to help as long as you've read through everything three times before attempting to do it and then, if you run into problems, ask. His tools are real easy to use, but you must read at least three times through his directions before you even begin to attempt to try it. There is a lot of setup involved, but it's not difficult. Just read carefully and take your time. Most people rush through it, missing important bits of info and then end up finding it didn't work for them. But, it was always something pointed out in the directions that they missed and if they would have read three times and took their time, they would have caught it.

Matt's tools are great as well, but I don't know how up-to-date they are.

Reactions: lloydsw

lloydsw

Feb 19, 2012
OnePlus 8T
Samsung Galaxy Tab S8
SamuriHL's tools have recently been updated for all this KitKat stuff, so I would go with his stuff. He's been staying on top of this since Kit Kat was released for the HD and he's here and at the DroidRzr.com forums as well and is always willing to help as long as you've read through everything three times before attempting to do it and then, if you run into problems, ask. His tools are real easy to use, but you must read at least three times through his directions before you even begin to attempt to try it. There is a lot of setup involved, but it's not difficult. Just read carefully and take your time. Most people rush through it, missing important bits of info and then end up finding it didn't work for them. But, it was always something pointed out in the directions that they missed and if they would have read three times and took their time, they would have caught it.

Thanks again for the reply . Well I had a limited chance to zoom over to a neighbors with my passport & phone in hand. I had both utilities with me, had Matt's up & running first and after not too much time, I am up & running rooted & UNLOCKED :D with TWRP installed. I am oh so glad this opportunity came back. Now I get to spend the afternoon unbloating KITKAT & finding the thread to get the MHS up & running. Thanks again for your help & guidance.

Reactions: bweN diorD

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Any ideas?

Thanks for the quick reply. I guess I'm just going to have to find a willing neighbor....

Is there a benefit to one method over the other?

Thanks again for the reply . Well I had a limited chance to zoom over to a neighbors with my passport & phone in hand. I had both utilities with me, had Matt's up & running first and after not too much time, I am up & running rooted & UNLOCKED :D with TWRP installed. I am oh so glad this opportunity came back. Now I get to spend the afternoon unbloating KITKAT & finding the thread to get the MHS up & running. Thanks again for your help & guidance.