Still getting security policy update notices

Search This thread

doncaruana

Jan 17, 2011
I'm rooted and successfully disabled knox via supersu (as suggested elsewhere regarding this issue), yet got the security policy update notice again today. Anyone else? What exactly do I have to do to turn this off?

ShapesBlue

May 9, 2012

RogerSC

Jan 16, 2013
I'm rooted and successfully disabled knox via supersu (as suggested elsewhere regarding this issue), yet got the security policy update notice again today. Anyone else? What exactly do I have to do to turn this off?

There's an app called "Security policy updates" on my phone that I've frozen in Titanium Backup. Sounds suspiciously like the one you're looking for *smile*. I've also frozen SDM, as always.

I don't get security policy update notices.

doncaruana

Jan 17, 2011
I think SDM is for the regular OTA updates. There's another app with a name that starts "Security policy updates..." with some version numbers after it. I did a force stop on that - haven't frozen it. I suspect that's the one I need to manage.

gm2racer

Mar 26, 2009

Anybody actually accept the Security Policy Updates after rooting TW Kit Kat? Does it remove root? Inquiring minds want to know ;)

Thank!

ShapesBlue

May 9, 2012
What can be turned off in settings? The only I've gotten this warning to go away was to freeze the security policy updates process I mentioned (that worked for me). If you know of another way, please tell me what I missed.

I've seen this on another unrooted S3. It's quite annoying

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Xparent ICS Tapatalk 2